10/23/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena [Dead Horse played for the first time since 1993]

alfierose

9 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

You can't blame Frank for this one, I've watched it a few times and from what I can see is that Richard forgot the rhythm guitar part for the solo section. You see him eye Duff and they huddle while he tries to follow the changes but he just can't remember it, Slash did his best but he'd basically need to be a mind reader to guess those chords :D As for Frank, he held back so he could hear more clearly what was going while also laying a basic beat that they could all hear and latch onto. 

As for after the solo, Slash was clearly thrown off and that's probably why he messed up the changes. Anyway, next time they play this it won't be half as bad!

Finally someone who isn't tone deaf.

"Richard forgot the rhythm guitar part for the solo section" :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I really enjoyed Dead Horse.  It was an actual rock n roll moment in a tour that's pretty much been on cruise control.  I thought Axl's vocals were surprisingly decent.  Also got a kick out of the stage guy in the background at 3:16 putting his hands to his face almost as if he's thinking "oh god, what are they doing..."

12 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Is it Stockholm Syndrome if I don't think Axl's Mickey voice isn't too terrible on Dead Horse?

yes 70% of the people here have stockholm syndrome or are angling to get a chance to get a job to stream live from the stage on a cool instagram story so they'll say whatever to make it happen 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 2

Locomotive was too fast towards the end. 

Also Frank missed a beat during the first "babys got a locomotive" part.

Concidering that and Axls timing. Its pretty safe to assume that the sound was shit in their in ear monitors.

Ive had gigs like that when you cant hear shit and mistakes like that start happening.

Side note. 

Did you notice Duff joining Frank on the drums at the outro. That was cool!

Edited by rebeldhipi
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, rendestroi95 said:

This Locomotive was awful... Axl many times going totally out of tempo, but something interesting happens at 3:35: he kinda forgets to sing and goes full "fuck it" mode and using only a strong chest voice and sounded much better

I miss Matt.  He was a beast in that song.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rendestroi95 said:

This Locomotive was awful... Axl many times going totally out of tempo, but something interesting happens at 3:35: he kinda forgets to sing and goes full "fuck it" mode and using only a strong chest voice and sounded much better

OMG Axl is like a racing car running over the whole band. 🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Is it Stockholm Syndrome if I don't think Axl's Mickey voice isn't too terrible on Dead Horse?

Nah I hate that voice usually but it didn’t bug me for DH somehow.  

The post above is right about Locomotive, though.... when he switches to that low voice it’s great. He seems to be able to do that voice no problem, too, but maybe he thinks it doesn’t sound good or it sounds like he’s yelling or something, haha (since he switched to it halfway, maybe due to fatigue?). But even though it’s not raspy, it’s powerful and sounds Axl as f compared to Mickey.

Edited by Ant

10 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

OMG! GNR performed Dead Horse! Sounded amazing, but why didn't Axl continue to say the words before the song? I wonder if he forgot?

Anyway, for a song that hasn't been sung or performed in 26 years, GNR rocked it!

You lucky fans who got to see it live! Damn! I'm so jealous!

lol I agree. I think it's very cool that GNR are bringing back some songs they haven't sung in years! Those songs are freakin awesome too and I thought Dead Horses was always a cool song and I think the band rocked it!

I don't get the missing lyrics. It's like Axl didn't want to sing that line for some reason. They have teleprompters all over the stage with the lyrics. He left the same lyrics out in the beginning and ending.

1 hour ago, rendestroi95 said:

Agreed, when he wants to he can knock it out of the park. Wish they'd do I don't care about you live.

49 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I didn't know we had so many professional musicians on this board . You do realize this is GN'R and not Dream Theater right? You'd have probably had heart attacks if you saw them at their rawest 30 plus years ago. I wish I had but my first show wasn't til 92.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

rawest - is there best bud how does that even make sense, yeah were gnr die hards and know fuck all about music...

• GNFNR 1