10/23/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena [Dead Horse played for the first time since 1993]

alfierose

His voice is in shambles. I really don't get it how he can keep delivering these terrible performances. I honestly can't watch it anymore. Gutted really. My favourite band becoming this. It doesn't matter if the play 3+ hours, it doesn't matter if the bring more deep cuts. As long as it sounds as terrible as this it's all irrelevant. To me at least. He KNOWS he sounds like Mickey Mouse and he keeps doing it. Embarrassing.  

16 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

His voice is in shambles. I really don't get it how he can keep delivering these terrible performances. I honestly can't watch it anymore. Gutted really. My favourite band becoming this. It doesn't matter if the play 3+ hours, it doesn't matter if the bring more deep cuts. As long as it sounds as terrible as this it's all irrelevant. To me at least. He KNOWS he sounds like Mickey Mouse and he keeps doing it. Embarrassing.  

See ya later then 👋 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

See ya later then 👋 

Yeah I 2nd that emotion. Have you ever actually been to a GnR concert in person or you've just watched vids on the interwebs? Asking for my Wife and she really wants to know because there's no comparison between the two

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

Well, that's too bad for ya. OKC was my 18th show this tour and we had as much fun,  if not more, on Wednesday night than we did at any of them...as did the packed arena. Everyone leaving the show raved about it, except for the guy who wanted them to drop the UYI songs for more Appetite songs. His voice never will be perfect, but was just fine that night. It was a fantastic 3 hours spent watching them...and that's that's why concerts are put on, for the people in the seats to enjoy themselves. If you decide to not go, they're not going to lose any sleep over it because the majority of the shows are still packed to the rafters, and have been for 3 years running. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Well, that's too bad for ya. OKC was my 18th show this tour and we had as much fun,  if not more, on Wednesday night than we did at any of them...as did the packed arena. Everyone leaving the show raved about it, except for the guy who wanted them to drop the UYI songs for more Appetite songs. His voice never will be perfect, but was just fine that night. It was a fantastic 3 hours spent watching them...and that's that's why concerts are put on, for the people in the seats to enjoy themselves. If you decide to not go, they're not going to lose any sleep over it because the majority of the shows are still packed to the rafters, and have been for 3 years running. 

Lucky you! Dead Horse and Locomotive!

1 minute ago, GoBucky said:

Every single show I've been to since '02 has been packed to the rafters. The only difference with the nitl ones is there weren't enough tickets for one night only. They easily could've did another 2 nights and those all would've been packed to the rafters as well 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Lucky you! Dead Horse and Locomotive!

Totally...I lost my shit when it started. I figured something was up because Axl walked around the stage talking to everyone, but I swear I heard one heartbeat for the opening of Coma and got a tad disappointed, but it stopped right away and they went into Dead Horse. I just wanted Locomotive badly, and got both! 

Edited by GoBucky
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

Every single show I've been to since '02 has been packed to the rafters. The only difference with the nitl ones is there weren't enough tickets for one night only. They easily could've did another 2 nights and those all would've been packed to the rafters as well 👍🏻

We decided to go to OKC 3 weeks ago and kept an eye on tix and it was selling fairly slowly as was Wichita and Lincoln, but it was packed by the time they got rolling. I'm sure they dropped prices on a few upper sections like a lot of bands have to do in secondary markets, but it was full and the crowd was really into it...of course more so during the hits. I went to get a beer during Sweet Child and could barely make it off the floor because the aisles were packed with people dancing and losing their minds. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

Right. I suggest you listen to some of the bootlegs from the 90s. The screeching and croaking that has been going on in some of those shows can not be considered the gold standard he needs to rise up to now. Could his vocals nowadays be better? Sure. But Axl never had a perfect voice when it came to live shows.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, since all of GNR songs except for "I used to love her" were from their own lives at that time, I'm glad they continue to play those songs. I'm so sick of everyone or everything having to be so politically correct all the time. Life is not like that.

Most are sick and tired of pc culture. I still remember when that crap first started. It's gone way beyond what the original intention was

• Like 1

Shittt.... I know this has been happening for a while now, but goddamit. Axl is ‘sweet child-ing’ Jungle now completely. Not a good situation, as Jungle is their greatest rock n roll song. It’s the song it’d take with me if I was stuck on a desert island and I could only have one song. It’s the song that made them. It’s the rawest, dirtiest, nastiest mainstream song they have and it kicks off their greatest piece of craftsmanship AFD. And now it’s gone, live. RIP Jungle. It’s been a wild ride. Peace forever.