alfierose

10/23/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena [Dead Horse played for the first time since 1993]

1 minute ago, GoBucky said:

Well, that's too bad for ya. OKC was my 18th show this tour and we had as much fun,  if not more, on Wednesday night than we did at any of them...as did the packed arena. Everyone leaving the show raved about it, except for the guy who wanted them to drop the UYI songs for more Appetite songs. His voice never will be perfect, but was just fine that night. It was a fantastic 3 hours spent watching them...and that's that's why concerts are put on, for the people in the seats to enjoy themselves. If you decide to not go, they're not going to lose any sleep over it because the majority of the shows are still packed to the rafters, and have been for 3 years running. 

Every single show I've been to since '02 has been packed to the rafters. The only difference with the nitl ones is there weren't enough tickets for one night only. They easily could've did another 2 nights and those all would've been packed to the rafters as well 👍🏻

Dead Horse and Locomotive at the same show. Comon Axl, break out Hard School now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Lucky you! Dead Horse and Locomotive!

Totally...I lost my shit when it started. I figured something was up because Axl walked around the stage talking to everyone, but I swear I heard one heartbeat for the opening of Coma and got a tad disappointed, but it stopped right away and they went into Dead Horse. I just wanted Locomotive badly, and got both! 

Edited by GoBucky
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

Every single show I've been to since '02 has been packed to the rafters. The only difference with the nitl ones is there weren't enough tickets for one night only. They easily could've did another 2 nights and those all would've been packed to the rafters as well 👍🏻

We decided to go to OKC 3 weeks ago and kept an eye on tix and it was selling fairly slowly as was Wichita and Lincoln, but it was packed by the time they got rolling. I'm sure they dropped prices on a few upper sections like a lot of bands have to do in secondary markets, but it was full and the crowd was really into it...of course more so during the hits. I went to get a beer during Sweet Child and could barely make it off the floor because the aisles were packed with people dancing and losing their minds. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

Dead Horse and Locomotive at the same show. Comon Axl, break out Hard School now.

I think they will play Hardschool at the Vegas shows 🤘🏻

• Like 1

Well, since all of GNR songs except for "I used to love her" were from their own lives at that time, I'm glad they continue to play those songs. I'm so sick of everyone or everything having to be so politically correct all the time. Life is not like that.

25 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, since all of GNR songs except for "I used to love her" were from their own lives at that time, I'm glad they continue to play those songs. I'm so sick of everyone or everything having to be so politically correct all the time. Life is not like that.

yup. its a shame that Axl erased 'one in a million' from the gnr catalogue. gnr was always about provocation...and now its all gone.

2 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

His voice is in shambles. I really don't get it how he can keep delivering these terrible performances. I honestly can't watch it anymore. Gutted really. My favourite band becoming this. It doesn't matter if the play 3+ hours, it doesn't matter if the bring more deep cuts. As long as it sounds as terrible as this it's all irrelevant. To me at least. He KNOWS he sounds like Mickey Mouse and he keeps doing it. Embarrassing.  

Right. I suggest you listen to some of the bootlegs from the 90s. The screeching and croaking that has been going on in some of those shows can not be considered the gold standard he needs to rise up to now. Could his vocals nowadays be better? Sure. But Axl never had a perfect voice when it came to live shows.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Most are sick and tired of pc culture. I still remember when that crap first started. It's gone way beyond what the original intention was

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ant said:

I wanna see that ending guitar jam!

Axl was practicing guitar for like 10 years after they split... I bet he can shred now :D .

Incredible solo, not like the godawful nonsensical noodling Slash pulled at this show.

14 hours ago, Ratam said:

Funny Slash look like imperturbable :lol:

It's always the same..!

md9zdijnqe9x.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shittt.... I know this has been happening for a while now, but goddamit. Axl is ‘sweet child-ing’ Jungle now completely. Not a good situation, as Jungle is their greatest rock n roll song. It’s the song it’d take with me if I was stuck on a desert island and I could only have one song. It’s the song that made them. It’s the rawest, dirtiest, nastiest mainstream song they have and it kicks off their greatest piece of craftsmanship AFD. And now it’s gone, live. RIP Jungle. It’s been a wild ride. Peace forever. 

On 24. 10. 2019. at 10:32 PM, RussTCB said:

:lol: I don't think Frank is a bad drummer and I don't think the band sounds like shit.....so, no?

If you think this Dead Horse (or any other track they play today) sounds 30% of what it did at their worst concert 87-93, may the force be with you...

Just saw sick SOYL from this show.. I won't post it though.. Because c*nts

On 10/22/2019 at 2:27 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

It seems so long ago when GNR came to Dallas. I know it was August and even though the new AT&T stadium is indoors now, it was still hot. Not to mention the traffic driving to Arlington from where I live. But it's so worth it when GNR hit the stage.

This stadium is so damn expensive. The tickets were of $250 and then parking was $60, which has since gone up to $100 or more and the food was off the charts. I guess someone has to pay for this new venue. lol

Going to see Post Malone on November 2 and parking was $100 and that was the far away lots. It's plain crazy. Tickets were about $160. It begins at 1:30, by the time Post comes out I will be out of my mind and probably high! lol

Yeah Ol Jerry Jones is banking off that stadium. I haven't been to any concerts in att just monster jam, some rodeos and a pre season cowboys game :lol: THey really put on a show for those football games let me tell ya! I usually am able to score a family member to drop me off down the street from the stadium and just walk in there. Never parked and dont plan to if I can help it! Also the food wasnt bad during the game, but yeah pricey is the name of the game, plus the fact the beer selection is pretty disappointing makes me not want to drink alcohol. But who needs it when you can buy a giant refillable cup of soda right?!?:headbang:

The AAC in Dallas is a great concert venue, even the seats up top are good views assuming your not stuck behind people who constantly get up and come back during the show. I saw Aerosmith and Slash with Myles Kennedy there back in 2014.

Post malone starts at 1:30......am?

On 10/24/2019 at 9:16 AM, agustingloger said:

I know Axl doesn't rehearse, he'is fat etc etc etc..... But it is what it is and at least we got something... I was born in 94 and when GNR blew my mind there were not GNR anymore. And I never tought a reunion was possible... So living this moment, at least 3 of them.. Playing Estranged, Locomotive, Shadow of your love, Coma, Dead Horse, Out ta get me, My michelle..... Its amazing! I love this moterfuckers 

When I saw Slash play with Myles and they did Sweet Child, Jungle and Paradise I thought that was my only chance to hear those songs live by at least one original member of the band :lol:

Glad to hear you loved your show