10/23/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena [Dead Horse played for the first time since 1993]

alfierose

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've given the band a lot of shit over the last couple years, but credit where it's due - they just played Dead Horse and Locomotive back to back. For something as corporate as this tour, that's a nice part of the show for the die-hards. :axl:

100% this. Really excellent to see these UYI deepcuts popping up.

I don't mean to sound spoiled, these songs are great and have made this leg worth it, but all we need now is one song...about being schooled...hard...and I can die a happy man. I wouldn't dare expect it if it haven't popped up in the alt lists, but considering it has and we've been hearing the other cuts it would be real amazing to hear this one next.

Or, as many, and myself, have been speculating, it could be the biggest troll move ever. I'm thinking it is, and they're hyping us up by playing the alts and putting it on the set at the same time.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bdinan said:

Rasp is dead? So what you're trying to say is that in talking about it, we're beating a DEAD HORSE? 🤔

Maybe in some way, yeah :D

I barely heard a rasp in "smiling" when Axl got no air in their lungs (It may sound funny but you'd think by now I'd be smilin) , maybe he need less air volume to make the rasp. But it need more effort. IMO,,, i know a shit about it.

Edited by axlvai
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, axlvai said:

I barely heard a rasp in "smiling" when Axl got no air in their lungs (It may sound funny but you'd think by now I'd be smilin) ,

That was funny... it was like oh shit the inner demon.... nope he's gone. 

• Sad 1

God Damn!!!!! What an entertaining night you lucky fucks.  It’s an art feel privileged you heard them playing it out of tempo, wrong chords missing lyrics, missing drum fills....who fucking cares they’re having fun and I woulda been going NUTS! Slither + shadow + Loco + DH in the same night. Hell ya! Getting Steven to guest appear on out to get me or anything goes could be the only way to top that. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Fucking lost my mind during the entire show, and walked out behind a guy saying that 'the band sounded great but they should drop songs like Locomotive and play more Appetite'...sorry, but they cannot win. Either way, what a fucking show! 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, feli1269 said:

WTF Jarmo is the GNR Community Manager? He was streaming live in Instagram with the gnr account

Oh so that's Jarmo...

1 hour ago, bdinan said:

Mickey actually doesn't work too bad for DH, definitely not his his worst effort on this current set. 

Slash played the solo as if he hasn't played it in 30 years though lol. 

I think he forgot how to solo goes.

12 minutes ago, charliedont said:

It's a glorious mess. Axl needs some work on the timing. 

Can someone download that? @Gibbo

5 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Fucking lost my mind during the entire show, and walked out behind a guy saying that 'the band sounded great but they should drop songs like Locomotive and play more Appetite'...sorry, but they cannot win. Either way, what a fucking show! 

That guy doesn't deserve to be there imo

i know everyone is pumped about dead horse being played and thats why i was particularly paying attention to this leg for the deep cuts but after listening to it it's in the top 5 worst GNR perofrmances of all time - just brutal this band really needs to think about hanging them up they clearly tried to wing that one, just so far away and removed from how they performed it back in the day 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

1 hour ago, bdinan said:

Mickey actually doesn't work too bad for DH, definitely not his his worst effort on this current set. 

Slash played the solo as if he hasn't played it in 30 years though lol. 

Fortus fucks the rhythm up! If you listen

• Like 1

The only question I have is why did Slash sound like he had no idea how to play the solos in this song at all? It was probably him and Duff who suggested they brought it back, no? I can’t imagine Axl suggested it to everyone for this leg, so why was he close to prepared and Slash just kinda noodled?

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i know everyone is pumped about dead horse being played and thats why i was particularly paying attention to this leg for the deep cuts but after listening to it it's in the top 5 worst GNR perofrmances of all time - just brutal this band really needs to think about hanging them up they clearly tried to wing that one, just so far away and removed from how they performed it back in the day 

Top 5 of the worst performances is a bit harsh when you think of VMA 2002, Bridge School, Rio 2011+2017 and Berlin 2018,but yeah there's lots of room for improvement

But it wasn't all Axl's fault surprisingly, he Mickey'd it but it didn't sound too bad 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Top 5 of the worst performances is a bit harsh when you think of VMA 2002, Bridge School, Rio 2011+2017 and Berlin 2018,but yeah there's lots of room for improvement

But it wasn't all Axl's fault surprisingly, he Mickey'd it but it didn't sound too bad 

yeah hes not at worst there as he got the intro and outro fine which seemed like the onlhy part of the song he remembered 

the band was complete shite starting with frank and slash and everyoone else its like theres 3 different songs happening towards the end 

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The only question I have is why did Slash sound like he had no idea how to play the solos in this song at all? It was probably him and Duff who suggested they brought it back, no? I can’t imagine Axl suggested it to everyone for this leg, so why was he close to prepared and Slash just kinda noodled?

You never know, Axl may have suggested it seeing as it was one of his "babies" on the Illusions (he's credited as main songwriter).

36 minutes ago, PopcornAdler said:

Matt is probably crying about how hacked up that percussion sounded.  Such a fun and easy song to play on the drums.  Doesn't make since why he couldn't play it. Wonder if their in ear monitors got fucked up. 

COMPLETE FUCKING MESS this band doesn't know music anymore at all none of them jived at all on DH and it starts with the drummer

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Axl was the best of the band on this dead horse 😂

Obviously it wasn't rehearsed, it'll get better. But hey, we cannot complain, we're getting the fucking Alt's!

Funny thing is, I listened to DH at least tree times today, a song I hadn't listened in ages, and it got played! Guess I'll try my luck with Hardschool next show :P

• Like 2