10/25/19 - New Orleans, LA - Voodoo Music Experience

alfierose

6 hours ago, Stryker said:

I'm nervous. Between this being a fest and the weather I still think we may not get either.

Im not trying to speak it into existence, but Initial forecasts have us starting to get rain at 9 tonight, all the way into the weekend..... maybe we will get a november rain with some rain???

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

And literally just as I type that the National Weather Service issues a flash flood warning from 7am tomorrow to Saturday afternoon.... fuck

Bring rain boots and an extra pair of socks. Reddit.com/r/voodoo is a good spot for festival tracking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Bring rain boots and an extra pair of socks. Reddit.com/r/voodoo is a good spot for festival tracking.

Thanks for the tips mate, but this is my 9th consecutive year going to Voodoo and im a nola native! Trust me, I know what we are in for when it starts raining. It turns into a scene out of The Pacific:wacko:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Less than 24 hrs to go....

Btw... an AWESOME sandwich to try if you're in the Quarter is the All That Jazz sandwich from Verti Marte in Royal St.  A couple of blocks from Esplanade Avenue on the right side of the street if you're going with traffic. You don't be disappointed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Thanks for the tips mate, but this is my 9th consecutive year going to Voodoo and im a nola native! Trust me, I know what we are in for when it starts raining. It turns into a scene out of The Pacific:wacko:

Lol, my bad! First time for me so I'm a bit nervous that it will be a shit show that I can't handle.

Also - Parkway Surf N Turf poboy was insane!

Edited by Stryker

2 minutes ago, Rjuncajun said:

Less than 24 hrs to go...

Actually its more like 28. I believe they take the stage at 8pm Central Standard time. That is about 28 hours away. Just to make it clear for all of our international friends and family. 

Less than 24 hours until we are there with our wet asses waiting for the Gunners!!!

2 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Lol, my bad! First time for me so I'm a bit nervous

that it will be a shit show that I can't handle.

the stage faces the North, and many of our rainstorms come in bands from the south. I plan on staying at the main stage all day, so if it is raining, the rain will be coming directly at the stage all day. 

as for being something you cant handle, I think the only thing that might cause a problem is the mud. NOLA is basically a fish bowl that collects water at the bottom. This festival site usually becomes a muddy mess this year, but I’ve been told the sites has told Voodoo to be as prepared as they can possibly be, or they may have to move the site. And I can tell you that theres absolutely nowhere else to put it in this city. I think extra measures are being taken so that everyone will be okay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Actually its more like 28. I believe they take the stage at 8pm Central Standard time. That is about 28 hours away. Just to make it clear for all of our international friends and family. 

Less than 24 hours until we are there with our wet asses waiting for the Gunners!!!

the stage faces the North, and many of our rainstorms come in bands from the south. I plan on staying at the main stage all day, so if it is raining, the rain will be coming directly at the stage all day. 

as for being something you cant handle, I think the only thing that might cause a problem is the mud. NOLA is basically a fish bowl that collects water at the bottom. This festival site usually becomes a muddy mess this year, but I’ve been told the sites has told Voodoo to be as prepared as they can possibly be, or they may have to move the site. And I can tell you that theres absolutely nowhere else to put it in this city. I think extra measures are being taken so that everyone will be okay.

You are correct sir....I meant until I was at the fest.   I'll be at the main stage all day myself.   Me and a few others.   Prolly gonna get out the at about 9:30-10:00.  In survival gear, of course. 

Edited by Rjuncajun

I’ve always found Port of Call on Esplanade to be great for a burger. Elizabeth’s for breakfast is also amazing. Praline bacon is yummy. 

Fried chicken at Willie Mae’s and great BBQ at Bullets on a Tuesday night. :thumbsup: 

• Gibbo pinned this topic