10/25/19 - New Orleans, LA - Voodoo Music Experience

alfierose

Just got to the airport from the show, omw to slc next. WHAT A MUDDY MESS of a festival! It wouldn't stop raining! I feel Lithos are going to be hard to come by (at least in good Condition) I was second row, Dead Horse was amazing! My highlight thou was Axl going into an angry fit right before the final bow and left the whole band hanging 😅

Edited by lafemmeonachair
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Flake said:

You should write an angry letter to axl and show him how mad you are

I don’t care that much. It’s just ridiculous that they’re still playing Wichita Lineman, Black Hole Sun, and the Seeker.

I give them all the credit in the world for playing Dead Horse and Locomotive. Now swap out the three useless covers for three more actual Guns N’ Roses songs and the set is perfect. 

Edited by The Real McCoy
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, The Better GNR said:

Kudos to Axl. He started this leg quite off-key, but since the mexican shows he's been a mean machine. Simply amazing, hope he keeps it up for the South American tour next year!!

I disagree, LA Palladium was quite strong for the 1st show after almost 9 months, Charlotte and JAX were both really great and from then on it went a bit downhill imo.. Still a strong leg with a better setlist and some nice surprises and other than some of the 2018 shows, there was not one show so far where Axl was completely unlistenable

2 hours ago, lafemmeonachair said:

Just got to the airport from the show, omw to slc next. WHAT A MUDDY MESS of a festival! It wouldn't stop raining! I feel Lithos are going to be hard to come by (at least in good Condition) I was second row, Dead Horse was amazing! My highlight thou was Axl going into an angry fit right before the final bow and left the whole band hanging 😅

Angry fit?? What happened?

And one guy buying 50 lithos shouldn't be allowed imo. Should be a reasonable limit on how many can be bought. We all know that voodoo one's going to end up on ebay or whatever being sold for massive markup 

3 hours ago, there is no dana only zool said:

Holy shit!  They nailed the living piss outta that!  Kinda like the faster tempo, too.  Has always been my all-time favorite Guns song ever, ever, ever. 

Also seems like they updated the teleprompter so Axl sang all the lyrics!

It's hard to hear too clearly since it was shot from the stage and the drums overwhelm the audio but it sounded like Axl sounded much better than the last time.

5 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

I don’t care that much. It’s just ridiculous that they’re still playing Wichita Lineman, Black Hole Sun, and the Seeker.

I give them all the credit in the world for playing Dead Horse and Locomotive. Now swap out the three useless covers for three more actual Guns N’ Roses songs and the set is perfect. 

That is not being negative. Constructive criticism. Honest opinion. GnR has enough material of their own to fill their show. Free songs. They own it. 

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Crowebar said:

Angry fit?? What happened?

And one guy buying 50 lithos shouldn't be allowed imo. Should be a reasonable limit on how many can be bought. We all know that voodoo one's going to end up on ebay or whatever being sold for massive markup 

I don't think someone would drop 2,500 on Lithos just to walk around in the pouring rain with all day. 

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Review of the show:

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life/festivals/article_96075dfa-f7c7-11e9-984d-ab9668311d15.html

At the end says about Axl being angry at the final bow.

Pretty negative bs at the start if this review blaming Axl for almost everything which is ridiculous to begin with ffs 😡🤬

Reads like a bad divorce trial painting the husband as a mean and horrible person while trying to make the wife (who was possibly a massive bitch/maybe a mega whore) look 110% innocent/like an angel 🤔

This writer really sucks imo 👎🏻😂

Rose’s dictatorial tendencies eventually forced Slash and McKagan out. They were estranged for years. Rose made the “Chinese Democracy” album with a band of hired Guns.

Edited by Crowebar

Slash and Axl got Dead Horse right! Hooray! 

6 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

I'm biased but that writer's a totally brainwashed idiot

You don't have to be biased to recognize shitty writing. There's so many things wrong with that review, not the least of which is a guy complaining about how there should have been more deep cuts but then insulting Coma in the same review. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Slash and Axl got Dead Horse right! Hooray! 

You don't have to be biased to recognize shitty writing. There's so many things wrong with that review, not the least of which is a guy complaining about how there should have been more deep cuts but then insulting Coma in the same review. 

Thanks for confirmation. I was starting to doubt myself for a second there and thinking I was being too harsh 👍🏻

• GNFNR 1