10/25/19 - New Orleans, LA - Voodoo Music Experience

alfierose

"As his bandmates lined up for a bow, Rose attempted to say something, only to be thwarted by a malfunctioning microphone.

Frustrated, he heaved it toward the back of the stage – a brief glimpse of the old Axl in this fully reloaded Guns N’ Roses." 

Any video of this? 😂 

Probably safe to assume that at minimum, one 'Mr. Soundman' ended up getting terminated last night 😳

Dead Horse!!! They had two guitars to play the intro properly this time! He said the "wreck my car" bit! Richard got the second half of the solo right (he always had the first half) but in the first half he was walking, rocking n rolling this time, as he should be! Im not sure they meant to end it that way (early and as Axl sang the line)?? 

All and all, pretty great in my books!

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

I wasn't there but that review looks pretty fair to me. The last paragraph comes across as just to round up the piece, not to bash Axl in any way. The writer is obviously a Slash fan but didn't praise him over the moon and also gave Axl some credit for YCBM and LALD. I've seen reviews much worse than this one.

9 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Call me overly easily to be pleased, but I am stoked that in 2019 there is a setlist that has Dead Horse and Coma on it, as well as the occasional Locomotive.  I still can't believe certain aspects of this reunion are even happening, given how long we had to wait for Axl and Slash to even consider being on stage again

It's cool that songs like Slither are pretty much a safe bet in the setlists nowadays. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Just the Meehgan instagram. The drums drown Axl out being shot from the side of the stage but it is still pretty awesome

Enjoy it while you're still able to everyone. I doubt it'll be there for very long unfortunately

Double Talking Jive has been Epic since the tour started in 2016 

its on another level right now - The highlight of the show for me at Louder Than Life- - It’s keeps  evolving and Slash keeps making it a fucking meltdown 

Slash has been and always will Be the  Star of the  show - Axl voice is what it is - in the studio it will be amazing- Make the fucking record 

Myles said in a interview he heard the new riffs from Slash for Gnr -Myles quote “ Ferociously mean and Breathtaking “ I’ll take that 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Double Talking Jive has been Epic since the tour started in 2016 

its on another level right now - The highlight of the show for me at Louder Than Life- - It’s keeps  evolving and Slash keeps making it a fucking meltdown 

Slash has been and always will Be the  Star of the  show - Axl voice is what it is - in the studio it will be amazing- Make the fucking record 

Myles said in a interview he heard the new riffs from Slash for Gnr -Myles quote “ Ferociously mean and Breathtaking “ I’ll take that 

Where did you read that? 

2 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Video of Dead Horse from a friend of mine who was there, front row: 

Hope I don't regret posting this and getting his video taken down, just wanting to share with you guys. 

I think this might be my favourite GNR song at the moment. Axl really seems into it and that's cool to see

2 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Can you tell us the source please?

That guy likes to make up shit to support his posts don't put too much weight to it

1 hour ago, Rjuncajun said:

Me and my group of 3 stood out in the rain for OVER 12 hours,  we got there 2 hours before gates opened... We managed to get dead center front rail.   Up close and personal!!!

SO FRIGGIN WITH IT!!!!!  Awesome night and show.   The band looked fully engaged, especially Axl.  And his vocal for MOST of the night were very good to great.   A few signs though, his voice was weak.   

I do know he was dealing with some sort of cold,  each time Slash or Duff took center stage he backed off to the side of the stage to blow his nose. EACH and every time.

What a night!!!  Great, great, great!  Worth the pneumonia and hearing loss I am sure to get. 

loogies still in there from a big night!