10/29/19 - Salt Lake City, UT - Vivint Smart Home Arena

alfierose

32 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Just got back to my hotel. Immediate reactions:

Slash carries the show with his play and presence.  I’ve always been more of an Axl fan, but there are just so many obvious shortcomings you witness live. Still, Axl sounded better than in 2017/2018, but doesn’t look better

The back half of the setlist was more enjoyable for me (Civil War, NR, Nightrain, etc).

Slither sounded really good, as did Nightrain.  Dead Horse was awesome.  Bummed we didn’t get Locomotive  

Overall, it was a good show, but I don’t need to see it again, notwithstanding I am going to one Vegas show.  Without a new album after this, I can no longer justify the price for GNR anymore. They need something fresh. Fast. 

Good review . How far from the stage where you?. Agree we need new music for them to justify people to attend, especially the diehards.

I find it somewhat funny that people always complained / worried about Scott Weiland looking too skinny and unhealthy... yet Axl is up there looking happy and well fed :lol:

But people still complain.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, VampireSoul said:

Why do people have a problem with Axls appearance? He seems to be in good shape, just has a belly, could be hard fat & muscles underneath and this isnt a boy and, who gives a fuck. Hes just gonna get older and older, he's never going to look like 1991 or even 2006 anymore. 

Yes, he's got a big tummy, but as you wrote we don't know how much muscles are underneath. If Axl were in such bad shape as people want to believe, he would not be able to play the whole tour. It will get harder with age ... like with everyone else. Some people don't let him get old.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VampireSoul said:

Why do people have a problem with Axls appearance? He seems to be in good shape, just has a belly, could be hard fat & muscles underneath and this isnt a boy and, who gives a fuck. Hes just gonna get older and older, he's never going to look like 1991 or even 2006 anymore. 

I reckon this could be Axls hard fat and muscles underneath LoL

images.jpeg.jpg

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, vloors said:

To me as long as Axl sounds good i could not give a f what he looks like.

This, but at he same time he's an entertainer and if he's way over weight (which he's not obese, but he is not in shape), then it's impacting his performance. 

But it is distracting looking at Axl with that weird hair, I think his cornrows looked more natural than this current thing.

2 hours ago, Politania said:

Yes, he's got a big tummy, but as you wrote we don't know how much muscles are underneath. If Axl were in such bad shape as people want to believe, he would not be able to play the whole tour. It will get harder with age ... like with everyone else. Some people don't let him get old.

Come off it :rofl-lol: He's not rocking a muscular tummy. That my friend is a belly, earned by eating lots of food and not working it off. If he lost 10/20 pounds this wound't be a thing to talk about. And as I said, If the guy comes out singing his ass off I couldn't care if he wore a dress, but I'm not that impressed outside of a handful of songs each night.

• Like 1

I did make some comments about Axls shape and voice just for fun.

But in reality for me every GnR concert is like big family reunion. You know, GnR music is playing loud from parked cars. People all around drinking having fun. Thousands of Axl and Slash look a like. Excitement of crowd. Waiting in entry line. And than singing with a band. So actually I do not hear Axls voice, all I hear is my voice and voice of the people and friends around me like big karaoke party. Than more drinking, dancing. At the end on PC it is like one long erection. This is all about. Just Big GnR family having fun.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Come off it :rofl-lol: He's not rocking a muscular tummy. That my friend is a belly, earned by eating lots of food and not working it off. If he lost 10/20 pounds this wound't be a thing to talk about. And as I said, If the guy comes out singing his ass off I couldn't care if he wore a dress, but I'm not that impressed outside of a handful of songs each night.

I meant the same thing. probably express myself wrong way. I used words "big tummy", quoting other people. I agree, concerts would be more beneficial if Axl were in better shape.

• Like 1

Shadow of your love... I understand losing rhythm for a few words, but he pretty much sang to his own alternative tempo throughout the song. Is the man having hearing difficulties, because this timing issue has happened on almost all the videos I've watched from this leg. It's hearing, or not being rehearsed or just simply not being arsed. Or we can just blame his monitor engineer... what a thankless job :D