10/29/19 - Salt Lake City, UT - Vivint Smart Home Arena

alfierose

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Good review . How far from the stage where you?. Agree we need new music for them to justify people to attend, especially the diehards.

I was in the pit dead center at the end of the ramp.  

I shot a good Dead Horse video (given proximity) if anyone wants it.  I never post videos (especially under this current regime) but if someone wants it, it’s available. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

This, but at he same time he's an entertainer and if he's way over weight (which he's not obese, but he is not in shape), then it's impacting his performance. 

But it is distracting looking at Axl with that weird hair, I think his cornrows looked more natural than this current thing.

The thing is theres plenty fatter and older artists nailing their songs without any issues. Sammy hagar is a great example.

I dont think weight is the issue.

To me the problem is his insistence to now sing with his clear voice the songs he used to rasp throughout.

Edited by vloors

19 minutes ago, vloors said:

To me the problem is his insistence to now sing with his clear voice the songs he used to rasp throughout.

Wasn't  in the China Exchange interview where he mentioned that his clear voice is sth he chose but fans doesn't like it?

My feelings are that it's rather not a matter of his choice - the choice of using clear voice, only that his high voice with rasp has disappeared and he is not able to sing like that anymore. This clear voice sounds  as  someone has disconnected the plug from the amplifier. No power.

40 minutes ago, Politania said:

Wasn't  in the China Exchange interview where he mentioned that his clear voice is sth he chose but fans doesn't like it?

My feelings are that it's rather not a matter of his choice - the choice of using clear voice, only that his high voice with rasp has disappeared and he is not able to sing like that anymore. This clear voice sounds  as  someone has disconnected the plug from the amplifier. No power.

It's possible that he "can" still do it, as in make the high register with rasp come out but that his voice no longer has the endurance to do it for long stretches (like an entire song). I think that if he wanted to that he could sing songs on a recording with rasp because he can sing a line at a time and edit them together. However, he won't be able to perform them the same way live.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

This, but at he same time he's an entertainer and if he's way over weight (which he's not obese, but he is not in shape), then it's impacting his performance. 

But it is distracting looking at Axl with that weird hair, I think his cornrows looked more natural than this current thing.

Yeah. I know it's shallow as hell, but that's one of the (several) reasons why I've decided to not see GNR this year (also I already had my fix with seeing Slash and Duff solo a couple of times this year). Saw the pictures with his new her and I was like "No, not feeling that. Don't wanna see that.". Of course, when I see videos of everything else that is going on, I still kinda would want to see it, but that was a major turn off for me (amongst others).

As for the rasp, I do think, he can. He just chooses not too. He has been talking about not wanting to hurt himself before and I'm sure that rasp thing, doing it 3 times a week for 3 hours, is not the most easy thing. Singing without rasp, with less power is easier and less demanding.

Edited by PatrickS77

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

It's possible that he "can" still do it, as in make the high register with rasp come out but that his voice no longer has the endurance to do it for long stretches (like an entire song). I think that if he wanted to that he could sing songs on a recording with rasp because he can sing a line at a time and edit them together. However, he won't be able to perform them the same way live.

absolutely

5 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

I did make some comments about Axls shape and voice just for fun.

But in reality for me every GnR concert is like big family reunion. You know, GnR music is playing loud from parked cars. People all around drinking having fun. Thousands of Axl and Slash look a like. Excitement of crowd. Waiting in entry line. And than singing with a band. So actually I do not hear Axls voice, all I hear is my voice and voice of the people and friends around me like big karaoke party. Than more drinking, dancing. At the end on PC it is like one long erection. This is all about. Just Big GnR family having fun.  

Those things sound like my idea of hell at a concert. Apart from the drinking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Was the arena packed?

It was fuller than I expected with as many complaints on ticket prices as I saw online. (Basically a full house)

The other 3 shows I have been to I have been in the pits, so take this opinion with a grain of salt. Last nights crowd felt like an LA crowd for sports. It was more about saying you were there. Every other show I have attended the crowd seemed to be louder singing along to knockin, patience, sweet child, etc. The crowd was loud in applause dont get me wrong. Maybe it was being so far removed from the pits I dont know. 

Edited by owenstar

4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. I know it's shallow as hell, but that's one of the (several) reasons why I've decided to not see GNR this year (also I already had my fix with seeing Slash and Duff solo a couple of times this year). Saw the pictures with his new her and I was like "No, not feeling that. Don't wanna see that.". Of course, when I see videos of everything else that is going on, I still kinda would want to see it, but that was a major turn off for me (amongst others).

As for the rasp, I do think, he can. He just chooses not too. He has been talking about not wanting to hurt himself before and I'm sure that rasp thing, doing it 3 times a week for 3 hours, is not the most easy thing. Singing without rasp, with less power is easier and less demanding.

It wouldn't stop me going if I was excited to go in general, but I haven't been excited about GNR in a long time (some of the leaks being the exception). I thought he looked weird in 2002-2008 but I would have went to as many shows as I could regardless. 

5 hours ago, vloors said:

The thing is theres plenty fatter and older artists nailing their songs without any issues. Sammy hagar is a great example.

I dont think weight is the issue.

It's definitely not the entire issue, and it may not be the main issue either. Sammy Hagar has always carried weight, but the guy sings his ass off and is only now showing some signs of wear on his voice. Loads of heavy singers that keep their voices in shape, but they are in shape vocally. Sammy knows his voice and says he needs to sing constantly otherwise he loses ground with his voice, and once you lose ground with something it's hard to make it up again as you age. I think it's laziness, plain and simple. He can do it, he can do it without hurting his vocal chords, he just doesn't want to put that kind of effort in... and maybe he's thinking "it's a 3hr show, I'll be dead 5 shows in if I go for it" but who says he has to play 3hrs? They could go out and do 2hrs 20 like metallica, with Slash's solo spot for a break, and maybe Duff takes a song or two. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

It's definitely not the entire issue, and it may not be the main issue either. Sammy Hagar has always carried weight, but the guy sings his ass off and is only now showing some signs of wear on his voice. Loads of heavy singers that keep their voices in shape, but they are in shape vocally. Sammy knows his voice and says he needs to sing constantly otherwise he loses ground with his voice, and once you lose ground with something it's hard to make it up again as you age. I think it's laziness, plain and simple. He can do it, he can do it without hurting his vocal chords, he just doesn't want to put that kind of effort in... and maybe he's thinking "it's a 3hr show, I'll be dead 5 shows in if I go for it" but who says he has to play 3hrs? They could go out and do 2hrs 20 like metallica, with Slash's solo spot for a break, and maybe Duff takes a song or two. 

I definately agree and i rather a shorter show with max effort. Would be happy with a hour and a half with no fillers and rasp than 3 hours long and half effort.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Shadow of your love... I understand losing rhythm for a few words, but he pretty much sang to his own alternative tempo throughout the song. Is the man having hearing difficulties, because this timing issue has happened on almost all the videos I've watched from this leg. It's hearing, or not being rehearsed or just simply not being arsed. Or we can just blame his monitor engineer... what a thankless job :D 

I didn't see this Shadow but I thought the one from last show was f'n great.  I shared it with a few people who agreed. 

8 hours ago, Politania said:

Yep thats the thing why continue to do it if fans dont like it?

If his having voice problems why continue to book a massive 4 year tour instead of resting your vocal cords or getting them fixed.

Nothing makes sense with this band.

• Like 1