11/01/19 - Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace

alfierose

18 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Second nights are always better with Guns. Hoping for some more alts on the setlist tomorrow.

Oh, i agree. Axl nails it. There are just better songs he could play, like You're Crazy.

Axl does nail the Seeker.. I actually love their version.  The last Charlotte one is great.. Nice Slash solo too

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ironmt said:

Sure was, was a Saturday morning and edited.

Wow really??

I remember watching live in Europe, it was broadcasted in almost every country simultaneously, but mostly PPV or national broadcasters.

MTV unless it was Oasis mid 90's, never broadcasted a show that wasn't their production, eg unplugged, VMA's...maybe a few clips from some festival here or there but never a full show of a band in full length or live broadcast.

10 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Axl seemed really winded by the fall. Took him a while to start back up again. Gotta be horrible taking a tumble like that in front of 40,000 people and feeling pressure to just carry on the show.

I think he was laughing to himself.  The fates love their little surprises.

23 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Paris was definitely a PPV event, it was not broadcast live on MTV....don't think the full show was ever broadcast on MTV. 

ok. I specifically remember watching it at my Grandmother's house. I can't imagine I would have paid for PPV back then but maybe I did.. They were my Gods growing up. I do remember getting the Moscow Music Peace Festival on PPV however :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Paris was definitely a PPV event, it was not broadcast live on MTV....don't think the full show was ever broadcast on MTV. 

If you guys talking about Paris 92, it was apparently broadcasted in numerous countries and definitely not just PPV. I watched it on a B&W television in then Czechoslovakia when I was 10 years old, so it definitely must have been quite available. In fact, I know for sure that at least a part of it must have been aired on MTV (although maybe not live) - I remember the rant before DTJ vividly. 

Paris 92 was broadcast on ITV  or Channel 4 in the UK. (Fairly sure it was Channel 4). It had commercials inserted (most notably after November Rain, before the 'you're not the only one' section, much to my annoyance!) 

I taped it off TV, then put a cassette recorder up the speaker to make a cassette copy of the audio (which even featured my parents walking into the room after being and asking what on earth I was doing and telling me turn it off in the background!).  Played it to death, to the point that I know everything that was said between songs! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

If you guys talking about Paris 92, it was apparently broadcasted in numerous countries and definitely not just PPV. I watched it on a B&W television in then Czechoslovakia when I was 10 years old, so it definitely must have been quite available. In fact, I know for sure that at least a part of it must have been aired on MTV (although maybe not live) - I remember the rant before DTJ vividly. 

Agreed, but in the States it was PPV only.  Additionally MTV at that time only broadcast MTV produced events live and this was not that either.   Some of it may have been broadcast on MTV, but not Live and not in its entirety.  

On 2019-11-03 at 1:53 AM, F*ck Fear said:

As a singer Carrie Underwood must be either tone deaf, or full of shit :lol:

What’s wrong with the jungle clip she posted? Probably best Jungle I’ve heard in a while, the full vid is in the thread.

Edited by Powderfinger

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Agreed, but in the States it was PPV only.  Additionally MTV at that time only broadcast MTV produced events live and this was not that either.   Some of it may have been broadcast on MTV, but not Live and not in its entirety.  

Yeah, that must have been later. But they did air the whole thing on some Czech tv station. Unbelievable, given the time. But then, they were extremely popular everywhere in 92, which was also the year they first played in Prague...

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Paris 92 was broadcast on ITV  or Channel 4 in the UK. (Fairly sure it was Channel 4). It had commercials inserted (most notably after November Rain, before the 'you're not the only one' section, much to my annoyance!) 

I taped it off TV, then put a cassette recorder up the speaker to make a cassette copy of the audio (which even featured my parents walking into the room after being and asking what on earth I was doing and telling me turn it off in the background!).  Played it to death, to the point that I know everything that was said between songs! 

That's awesome. I actually got the pay per view, had to run a line from my phone jack to the back of the satellite receiver.  Was watching Soundgarden open the show, Cornell did his crucifix thing with the guitar and mic stand.  Their set ended and I was beyond pumped waiting for Guns to come on. Then, nothing. The screen just went dark.  An Axl like tirade ensued and expletives were hurled.   It never came back on, missed the entire show. But I did get my money refunded and ended up videotaping the show from MTV a few months later. 

• Like 1