Jump to content
alfierose

11/01/19 - Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, ironmt said:

That was a hell of a fall. Good job recovering at 58 years of age. My GOD where have the years gone. It feels like yesterday watching the Paris 1992 show on MTV.

uhm!?!? Paris on MTV?  Paris was on PPV I don't remember MTV broadcasting a single GNR post Ritz 1988

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shotsfired cro said:

uhm!?!? Paris on MTV?  Paris was on PPV I don't remember MTV broadcasting a single GNR post Ritz 1988

Sure was, was a Saturday morning and edited.

Edited by ironmt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

uhm!?!? Paris on MTV?  Paris was on PPV I don't remember MTV broadcasting a single GNR post Ritz 1988

I am pretty sure I watched Paris on MTV

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Second nights are always better with Guns. Hoping for some more alts on the setlist tomorrow.

Oh, i agree. Axl nails it. There are just better songs he could play, like You're Crazy.

Axl does nail the Seeker.. I actually love their version.  The last Charlotte one is great.. Nice Slash solo too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BackOffBitch! said:

lol rocket queen piss break

I might think they could do a better job playing it, but I could never take a piss while they were. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I might think they could do a better job playing it, but I could never take a piss while they were. 

Do you mean pull a Whizzy right there?😄

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

hopefully they stop adding more dates due to Axl's fall ;)

Yeah. Who wants to see their favorite band live? Crazy...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Do you mean pull a Whizzy right there?😄

I'm not above it.. In a cup of course... lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I'm not above it.. In a cup of course... lol

It was funny after Izzy had his infamous airplane incident the band and crew started calling him Whizzy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ironmt said:

Sure was, was a Saturday morning and edited.

Wow really??

I remember watching live in Europe, it was broadcasted in almost every country simultaneously, but mostly PPV or national broadcasters.

MTV unless it was Oasis mid 90's, never broadcasted a show that wasn't their production, eg unplugged, VMA's...maybe a few clips from some festival here or there but never a full show of a band in full length or live broadcast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am pretty sure I watched Paris on MTV

Paris was definitely a PPV event, it was not broadcast live on MTV....don't think the full show was ever broadcast on MTV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Axl seemed really winded by the fall. Took him a while to start back up again. Gotta be horrible taking a tumble like that in front of 40,000 people and feeling pressure to just carry on the show.

Edited by Towelie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Axl seemed really winded by the fall. Took him a while to start back up again. Gotta be horrible taking a tumble like that in front of 40,000 people and feeling pressure to just carry on the show.

I think he was laughing to himself.  The fates love their little surprises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Yeah. Who wants to see their favorite band live? Crazy...

Yeah, right?!  There actually ARE ppl who didn't have enough of 4 years of Wichita lineman, Black hole sun, Seeker, Mr, Brownstone, Paradise city...and wouldn't mind another few years of touring same old tour.  Go figure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Paris was definitely a PPV event, it was not broadcast live on MTV....don't think the full show was ever broadcast on MTV. 

ok. I specifically remember watching it at my Grandmother's house. I can't imagine I would have paid for PPV back then but maybe I did.. They were my Gods growing up. I do remember getting the Moscow Music Peace Festival on PPV however :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Paris was definitely a PPV event, it was not broadcast live on MTV....don't think the full show was ever broadcast on MTV. 

If you guys talking about Paris 92, it was apparently broadcasted in numerous countries and definitely not just PPV. I watched it on a B&W television in then Czechoslovakia when I was 10 years old, so it definitely must have been quite available. In fact, I know for sure that at least a part of it must have been aired on MTV (although maybe not live) - I remember the rant before DTJ vividly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paris 92 was broadcast on ITV  or Channel 4 in the UK. (Fairly sure it was Channel 4). It had commercials inserted (most notably after November Rain, before the 'you're not the only one' section, much to my annoyance!) 

I taped it off TV, then put a cassette recorder up the speaker to make a cassette copy of the audio (which even featured my parents walking into the room after being and asking what on earth I was doing and telling me turn it off in the background!).  Played it to death, to the point that I know everything that was said between songs! 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jamillos said:

If you guys talking about Paris 92, it was apparently broadcasted in numerous countries and definitely not just PPV. I watched it on a B&W television in then Czechoslovakia when I was 10 years old, so it definitely must have been quite available. In fact, I know for sure that at least a part of it must have been aired on MTV (although maybe not live) - I remember the rant before DTJ vividly. 

Agreed, but in the States it was PPV only.  Additionally MTV at that time only broadcast MTV produced events live and this was not that either.   Some of it may have been broadcast on MTV, but not Live and not in its entirety.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-11-03 at 1:53 AM, F*ck Fear said:

As a singer Carrie Underwood must be either tone deaf, or full of shit :lol:

What’s wrong with the jungle clip she posted? Probably best Jungle I’ve heard in a while, the full vid is in the thread.

Edited by Powderfinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Agreed, but in the States it was PPV only.  Additionally MTV at that time only broadcast MTV produced events live and this was not that either.   Some of it may have been broadcast on MTV, but not Live and not in its entirety.  

Yeah, that must have been later. But they did air the whole thing on some Czech tv station. Unbelievable, given the time. But then, they were extremely popular everywhere in 92, which was also the year they first played in Prague...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×