11/01/19 - Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace

alfierose

8 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

That Adler is out playing with this band is a shame. The singer is a great Axl Impersonator, but that's all (he sings YCBM better than Axl though, and some other songs). The bass player, while she might look good, I don't think she does the songs justice. The guitar players have brushed over the solos and basically wing them adding tiny snippets of the original... this is a tribute act, not a proper band! So you learn the tracks properly. Also, Adler is speeding up almost as soon as the verse kicks in. Plenty wrong with this that GNR or Frank would not get a pass on so let's relax. Steven is great, I there's no other drummer who is as good at the AFD material; I take nothing away from him!

I don't give a flying fuck about Adler's band, singer, how they play...I said, from 12.20 onwards, this guy really flew half the world to play 1 song and watch Frank from the side of the stage?

Ie, compare who plays YCBM better, Frank or him?

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Hard School was never gonna be played anyways. It was most likely a joke/prank by the band or Fernando as I’ve said many times here. Don’t get your hopes up for something that won’t happen. 

That being said, enjoy the the last few shows, the band is on fire and this leg of the tour has been very fun to follow :) 

There is a rumour they played Paradise city though  ;):slash:

56 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

I don't give a flying fuck about Adler's band, singer, how they play...I said, from 12.20 onwards, this guy really flew half the world to play 1 song and watch Frank from the side of the stage?

He flew half way around the world for one song because he was desperate to feel that feeling again. Even one song of being in GNR is a dream to him. Being on stage in being in real GNR is a powerful drug. 

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

Who's decision was it? Adler didn't have to fly all that way. He knew the offer. Yep, it would have been very nice of them and probably the thing to do in that instance but if we've seen one thing from Adler it's that he is fantastic at being the 'woe is me' character. He has had a rough turn but he was back in and was going to be a continuous part of NITL and something happened that stopped that. We can make guesses all day long, but we don't know.

All we do know in the example that you're talking about is that Adler flew from America to the Argentina to play one song... that to me isn't a good deal, and if he wanted more then he should have asked and had it in writing before he stepped foot outside the front door of his home. Fact of the matter is that he got offered his money for one song, it was fine at the time but then after the fact he pulls his usual stunt and fires shots at them publicly trying to make them look like the bad guys and he is the helpless victim. It MIGHT be the truth, but I think it's overly simplistic.

Also, Frank plays YCBM better, he stays consistently in time... also Adler is playing it his own way, and we all know how much mygnr hates musicians to reinterpret the gospel known as Gnr's back catalogue. 

6 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Their first 5 songs is incredible. They truly nail it when they come out. Better is a mood killer in my opinion but I said it at ACL, nobody can beat them on the energy they bring to open a show.

Metallica. AC/DC. There's two bands from the rock world that bring more energy from the beginning to the end of the show. The first 5 songs have great energy like you said, but from better onwards it's more of a dip than incline... not exactly the trajectory they were shooting for I'd imagine :lol:

When Axl shows up vocally he can lift the sagging areas of the set, other times it's a drain to listen to it and it's only saved by songs like Shadow of your love and Nightrain where he puts an effort to sound like the Axl Rose people know.