11/02/19 - Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace

alfierose

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Out Ta' Get Me was consistently one of Axl's best songs and highlights of the shows for the majority of the tour.  Put me down for being on the Wichita Lineman train too. I think Axl sound great and I love seeing the little acoustic jam.  I could care less if I ever hear BHS again though. I don't even like the original. 

They should do Wichita lineman and Patience together in the set. I'm ok with them keeping the seeker but all the other covers should go, BHS etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

100% they could benefit from mixing up the openers and song order a bit.  I am down with that for sure. 

RNDTH would be tremendous. Vocally, difficult maybe but it would still be great to hear. Such a good song - used to open with it in 91.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gold top 78 said:

Out Ta Get Me was my favourite song of the set in 2016. Axl just killed it and when Adler joined them for it and My Michelle then it was the closest sounding to old guns we got. 

Yup, that "Out Ta' Get Me" with Adler in Cinci is my highlight of the reunion for me.. That was the closest they got to sounding like the band I grew up with. So good....

35 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

They should do Wichita lineman and Patience together in the set. 

I thought that myself.. A mini acoustic set.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Out Ta Get Me is not though for Axl. It's one of the easiest GNR songs for Axl to sing cause so much of it is just screaming. Who knows why they're not playing it. Maybe Axl doesn't want to play too much AFD. Maybe Axl's sick and tired of that song. We don't know why they don't play certain songs and why they prefer playing stuff like Black Home Sun instead. But there's no reason to think that OTGM is too difficult for Axl's vocal chords, when he's always performed it much better than most songs on the setlist.

I’m pretty sure Duff or someone in the band said it’s too hard on him so that’s why My Michelle was getting played more at the time 

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

They could take it a step further and do you're crazy (slow version), move to the city acoustic, jumpin jack flash, dead flowers, etc. If they left the rest of the set alone but inserted the acoustic bit in the middle a lot of people would be happy with that.

• Like 3

They need to drop the whole notion that these are traditional "concerts" and be honest that they are 100% pre-scripted choreographed Broadway play-esque stage shows.  If they did that I would be OK with what they have done on this tour.

Example, while I was seething that I paid like $500 to see the exact same fucking show I have seen like 5 times on this stupid tour (sans hearing Dead Horse, which was cool) the guy next to me was freaking out that he was hearing Axl and Slash play his favorite songs live for the 1st time.

Clearly....CLEARLY that is the crowd that they are selling themselves to, and they give a fuck about repeat customers looking for anything new.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Out Ta' Get Me was consistently one of Axl's best songs and highlights of the shows for the majority of the tour.  Put me down for being on the Wichita Lineman train too. I think Axl sound great and I love seeing the little acoustic jam.  I could care less if I ever hear BHS again though. I don't even like the original. 

Agreed, I'm a massive Soundgarden fan but always disliked that song. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Man, you knew what their setlist was and that they never deviated from it and yet you decided to shell out 500 bucks.  That's all on you.  Did you think they were miraculously going to change the entire setlist because you were at the show?

I'm not sure I cared before this show. But something about this one was just very 'straw that broke the camel's back' for me.

I think it was the combo of a $500 ticket, paying more attention to the stage handlers buzzing around in this completely choreographed way like they do at Broadway plays which I never really watched before, and the fact that they played Locomotive at a show in fucking Oklahoma, but not Vegas where people flew in from all over and spent crazy amounts of money for.

They are a novelty act now, which I think became crystal clear to me about 1/2 way through this show for me.  They are 'Axl, Slash, and Duff playing all your childhood favorites!' and not a rock and roll band playing for their more hardore fans.

It's their prerogative if that is what they want to do, but unless anything changes in terms of new music or what the show is, I am personally done.

Going to see GNR is like banging a stripper.  Fucking glorious the 1st few times, and then very quickly it turns into same ol, same ol boring wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

At this point I can't even get off anymore. 

Edited by Saltzy
  • Like 3

I've seen GNR many times throughout the years and the show on Saturday night was magnificent.  There was something special about it and these guys are superstars!  Axl sounded very strong and I love the way he gets the crowd so excited and into it!  Everyone was having fun.  They need to do a residency at the Colosseum!!

56 minutes ago, vegascleopatra said:

I've seen GNR many times throughout the years and the show on Saturday night was magnificent.  There was something special about it and these guys are superstars!  Axl sounded very strong and I love the way he gets the crowd so excited and into it!  Everyone was having fun.  They need to do a residency at the Colosseum!!

If they did a residency I would save up and try to go.

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Throw in You Ain't the First as well, could be a kinda cool section. I don't even particularly like the song but it would be nice to hear it and it's easy to pull off. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Caedo said:

Throw in You Ain't the First

Bad Obsession, too, no?  I've always thought that song like, WAS Guns N' Roses... (or "is."  or was for that time period, idk).  It's really got everything GN'R has always seemed to be about: fun-sounding, upbeat tune, lots of instrumentation, very crude but honest (and funny) lyrics, etc.  Melissa could provide a fraction of the female backing vocals like how it used to be performed live; she could probably emulate the horn section, Teddy or another friend of the band who plays harmonica may not be too difficult to get a hold of, you know. 

On 11/5/2019 at 9:26 AM, Tom-Ass said:

THIS

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Saltzy said:

I'm not sure I cared before this show. But something about this one was just very 'straw that broke the camel's back' for me.

I think it was the combo of a $500 ticket, paying more attention to the stage handlers buzzing around in this completely choreographed way like they do at Broadway plays which I never really watched before, and the fact that they played Locomotive at a show in fucking Oklahoma, but not Vegas where people flew in from all over and spent crazy amounts of money for.

They are a novelty act now, which I think became crystal clear to me about 1/2 way through this show for me.  They are 'Axl, Slash, and Duff playing all your childhood favorites!' and not a rock and roll band playing for their more hardore fans.

It's their prerogative if that is what they want to do, but unless anything changes in terms of new music or what the show is, I am personally done.

Going to see GNR is like banging a stripper.  Fucking glorious the 1st few times, and then very quickly it turns into same ol, same ol boring wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

At this point I can't even get off anymore. 

I am fairly certain (and also too lazy to look) that you said pretty much this exact same thing a couple years ago.  If not, how or why it took you this long to come to these conclusions is beyond me as this was all fairly obvious from the beginning of the whole Re-Grouping or whatever you wanna call it. 

AND, anybody who wants to call BS on that...remember the original plan was basically Coachella only (pure money grab) not a full blown tour. 

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

I am fairly certain (and also too lazy to look) that you said pretty much this exact same thing a couple years ago.  If not, how or why it took you this long to come to these conclusions is beyond me as this was all fairly obvious from the beginning of the whole Re-Grouping or whatever you wanna call it. 

AND, anybody who wants to call BS on that...remember the original plan was basically Coachella only (pure money grab) not a full blown tour. 

You are not wrong.

Cognitive dissonance I guess.

It's just so hard to find true north with this fucking band.  For years all I (we) wanted was a tour....any tour, and we got that with Bumblefoot and Buckethead and whatever and that was cool.  Then the DJ Ashba era, which was also cool, but not really "Guns N' Roses".  

Then the big 3 get back together which is clearly what I (we) all wanted, and the 1st 2 shows in Vegas a few years ago were fucking magic.  That was definitely the highlight for me.

Few more local shows (Metlife and Prudential Center) of the same show and the air started to let out of the balloon.

I was hoping this show on Saturday got me going again, but it did the exact opposite.  I actually found myself bored as fuck the second half of the show on Saturday, which saddens me as these shows used to be one of the things that got my juices going more than anything, but it's pretty clear those days are over for me now.

Going to see Pearl Jam still gets me going every time, and I am just gonna focus on seeing every show they play around the planet until either they stop touring or I also lose the excitement of seeing them.

BTW, I think my favorite microcosm of what this band once was and what they have become now is watching Axl throw the mic stand with 'fire and rage', only to watch some pathetic lackey run over from behind the stage and set it back up for him....X's like 5 or 6 times per show he does it.

It's just such a perfect analogy of how this band has become nothing more than a novelty act of what they used to be.

It's just sad at this point.

I honestly hope they wrap it up, take the bazillion dollars they made on this tour, and never play again.

It's what needs to happen at this point.

Edited by Saltzy