11/02/19 - Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace

alfierose

3 hours ago, Creed said:

i think they are fine with each other. but its not like they meet each other for dinner here and there. in 3 years we got no interview where slash said sth like: Axl is cool. Blabla.

They are just working with each other.

the bigger problem is the non-communication with the audience and fans. like WTF?

but as long people are paying  500 bucks to see this stuff nothing won't change.

My Eagles comparison isn't so much about the relationship between the band members as everything else. 

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I honestly see no difference whatsoever between the Eagles touring band these days and GNR. 

Money is king, but im sure there are discussions between them during soundcheck. Didnt megan last year post pictures of her and slash spending xmas at axls place?. Im sure axl slash and duff do spend time together but lets be honest the brotherhood of how they were in the gardner st days are lonnnnng gone.

It would have nice for the band to maybe get together and do a short video to thank everyone for attending NITL but the band has never been that fan friendly. The stones do get involved in that sort of thing but i guess as gnr fans its a shame they arnt.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chester 524 said:

I think some people are confused by all of this.  GNR is a legacy band which basically means people with a mid life will forgo paying several utility bills that month to go see a band play songs that remind them of a "better", more carefree time of their life that took place 30 years ago.  hindsight is always 20/20

this is now a job to the GNR guys.  they might dress up in t shirts with skulls on them, ripped jeans and sing the lyrics to songs they wrote while living in the gutter, but several decades of an inflated ego, loss of reality stemming from being a multimillionaire and not having to open your own door, having people beg you let them "help you out" and seeing your face on tv, etc will help you lose touch with yourself, reality  and your fans.  

I'm just taking this for what it is.  my favorite band from my youth still out there playing my favorite songs.  I know this doesnt mean to them what it did 25 years ago.  doesnt mean the same to me now as it did then either, but I do have an appreciation for it.  

it's funny how things change though.  because back then when I'd leave a show I'd be wishing I could get a glimpse of the crazy parties and stuff they are doing backstage while I sit trying to fight parking lot traffic to get out and wishing I had their life.  

now when I leave a show I think of 5 guys in different dressing rooms getting ready for bed in their own ways.  I'd bet Axl is reading over that nights merch sales with his accountant (knowing the way he promotes people its probably his former dog groomer) while sipping on some orange metamucil.   Slash is trying to find the page of the novel about pterodactyls he was reading right before going on stage and wondering how Perla won all of his book markers in the divorce settlement.  Duff doing old man yoga trying not to fart while Susan videos him for her Instagram. and the rest of the group trying to find a fair way to split an Uber back to the holiday inn.  lol.  so basically I now do have a life like theirs (just with a lot less money, lol).

I am definitely interested in new music, but I'm not holding my breath.  again, it is what it is. I'm just thankful we are all alive to celebrate our youth together.   

I'd also be interested to hear new music but hope it is heavily based on stuff they worked on 20 or 30 years ago. Just modernized a little. Because of the type of songs that made GNR great, I just don't imagine anything written now would be that exciting. Do we really want a Guns n' Roses version of Aerosmith's Just Push Play album?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Well at least at a GNR show I never have to hear Desperado being played so mark that tally on GNR's side :P

Hey now, nothing wrong with The Eagles or Desperado. I would much rather hear that than The Seeker or Black Hole Sun.

• Like 2

• Gibbo unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...