11/02/19 - Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace

alfierose

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Ahhh this band is ridiculous. Can’t believe we went another year, and another leg of a tour without even a hint of new music. at least Axl sounded good this year. See y’all for the same old cycle in March!

Hopefully he sounded good as they are working diligently on the vocals for a new album. 

But.....

But he sounded pretty solid most of the tour. 

21 minutes ago, cineater said:

My friends who are there don't think so.

Which is what truly matters. Not a handful of message board crybabies who have bitched since the initial set changes of 2006, then through the additions of estranged and civil war in 2011, through slash and duff’s return and on and on...

Edited by JAxlMorrison
  • Like 4

The band phoned it in?

Shocking.

It’s beyond ridiculous that this band refuses to do anything outside of the box.

If the rumors about them touring Europe next Summer are true, I predict no setlist changes, and they’ll continue to trot out Wichita Lineman and Black Hole Sun for no good reason whatsoever.

Someone let me know if we ever get new music. I’m beyond tired of the same old same old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

The band phoned it in?

Shocking.

It’s beyond ridiculous that this band refuses to do anything outside of the box.

If the rumors about them touring Europe next Summer are true, I predict no setlist changes, and they’ll continue to trot out Wichita Lineman and Black Hole Sun for no good reason whatsoever.

Someone let me know if we ever get new music. I’m beyond tired of the same old same old.

Well said.

This is the most boring band of the world. Absolute disgrace.

8 minutes ago, Sprite said:

I know it’s disappointing in a way because the excitement of a new song or variance in shows is cool as a hardcore fan. But a few things to remember is the energy of being at a show vs following it on a forum is night and day. Their catalogue isn’t that big, and they have at least a dozen songs they basically have to play every night because they’re synonymous with the band. All in all they put on a great show for tons of people and do it consistently. I was at a show recently and can’t really think of a low point, yet knew what songs were coming next. I’d love to hear breakdown and you’re crazy and something new, but being at the show vs following from a distance is completely different. 

It’s also a bit of a rock and hard place type scenario. They don’t have to release anything and can cruise on legacy mode until they die. They're already cemented into legendary status. What if they released a new album and it flops? They’d still be a draw and have the history but it does diminish the mystique to a certain degree. At this point there is literally 0 downside on a global scale to not continue doing what they’re doing. With the state of the music industry and our cultures preference towards nostalgia, it’s easy to argue the way they are doing it is actually the smartest way. 

I’m happy we have what we have. I don’t listen to them everyday like I used to, but every once in awhile I’ll listen to UYI 2 or or watch their music videos and think god damn... what a band. And that’s what they are milking right now.

I think we as fans could agree on the band dropping the covers and add another song whether its on afd, lies of illusions they have no reason not to.

Cut the length of some of the songs, i mean KOHD for 14mins, i mea n  really?. The setlist should be strong and no filler throught the show.

They certainly arnt the most dangerous band in the world anymore.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think we as fans could agree on the band dropping the covers and add another song whether its on afd, lies of illusions they have no reason not to.

Cut the length of some of the songs, i mean KOHD for 14mins, i mea n  really?. The setlist should be strong and no filler throught the show.

I was really hoping for Benny and the jets at the show I went to but that could have been a fake set list haha. 

I know what you mean on KOHD.. but the general crowd eats it up. That’s one of the songs everyone knows even if you don’t know the band. I like it for nostalgia and makes me think of Tracey and Roberta.

the point about shorter shows is well taken and probably what we’ll see in the next few years as they get older and older. I’m just enjoying what we have while it’s here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sprite said:

I hardly post here anymore but read for updates. I see you post the same stuff all the time. Why are you still here? I don’t mean to be rude but I really can’t understand why something that peeves you so much would keep you coming back. It’s almost like BDSM but in a music forum posting sense. Do you like to be whipped? 

I was one of the biggest champions of this band for the longest time. All eras, all lineups. I simply can’t be anymore.

I WANT them to succeed. I WANT to see them take chances and do things outside of the box. I WANT them to release new music.

Seeing this leg of the tour come and go with not even a hint of music in sight is frustrating.

They waste valuable setlist slots on useless covers like Wichita Lineman, Black Hole Sun, and the Seeker instead of playing their own damn songs.

It’s beyond maddening at this point. 

Edited by The Real McCoy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just think that the fact that this tour has been going on for four years without anything new is embarassing. They don’t have to do anything new because everyone will give them money anyway. Axl creatively retired years ago. Just a touring/legacy band which I’ve mostly accepted but sure get sad about thinking about the missed potential.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sprite said:

It’s also a bit of a rock and hard place type scenario. They don’t have to release anything and can cruise on legacy mode until they die. They're already cemented into legendary status. What if they released a new album and it flops? They’d still be a draw and have the history but it does diminish the mystique to a certain degree. At this point there is literally 0 downside on a global scale to not continue doing what they’re doing. With the state of the music industry and our cultures preference towards nostalgia, it’s easy to argue the way they are doing it is actually the smartest way. 

I’m happy we have what we have. I don’t listen to them everyday like I used to, but every once in awhile I’ll listen to UYI 2 or or watch their music videos and think god damn... what a band. And that’s what they are milking right now.

I’d agree with this, it is what it is basically. 

For me I probably expected more from the band once Slash and Duff were back, but basically their turning into what bands like them do at this stage in their lives.

A setlist of warhorses with 1-2 song changes per night. Ac dc don’t even change the setlist for the entire tour. The Stones have a song vote, and play a fair few tunes over a tour, but it’s only with 2 songs changed per night typically. Though the stones change warhorse songs for each tour. But I know a lot of Stones fans who are pissed that it’s the same songs each night and never the deeper cuts. 

(There’s a lot to moan about not being played with their back catalogue) 

Guns N Roses are doing what bands do at this point in their careers, few reissues, few tours, year or so for solo projects, and then another tour of the same songs, maybe a live album, then reissues of live stuff from the 80s and 90s and a tour etc etc etc.... 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 1

Just now, The Real McCoy said:

I was one of the biggest champions of this band for the longest time. All eras, all lineups. I simply can’t be anymore.

I WANT them to succeed. I WANT to see them take chances and do things outside of the box. I WANT them to release new music.

It was seeing this leg of the tour come and go with not even a hint of music in sight, and it’s frustrating.

They waste valuable setlist slots on useless covers like Wichita Lineman, Black Hole Sun, and the Seeker instead of playing their own damn songs.

It’s beyond maddening at this point. 

I get it. I’m a huge fan and I totally get it. I definitely have preferences but I’ve realized it’s who they are and am enjoying it because it’s great they’re still around. I’m not expecting anything but to watch and listen to the Guns N’ Roses I grew up loving. 

The covers... they’ve always been a big covers band so it doesn’t bother me that much. And the seeker adds a lot of energy to the show when you’re there. Each one I’ve been to (7) that song is a big boost in the energy department. If given the choice I’d rather hear a deep cut but I’ll give it to them, people eat it up. Why stop?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sprite said:

I hardly post here anymore but read for updates. I see you post the same stuff all the time. Why are you still here? I don’t mean to be rude but I really can’t understand why something that peeves you so much would keep you coming back. It’s almost like BDSM but in a music forum posting sense. Do you like to be whipped? 

You know that chick down on melrose too?

or were you offering, cause that’d be weird. 

• Haha 1

As usual, I look at it from more points of view. On the one hand, this was just a one-month run, so it’s not that horrible that nothing really new happened. We did hear two new deep cuts, and a leak appeared on the alternative list, although never played. There’s no need to damn them for not having done anything else during just this one month.

On the other hand, they played the same cities with the same setlist like in previous years, and they could definitely at least shuffle the known playlist around. Why always start with the same four songs in the same sequence? Why not start with Jungle for once? Why didn’t they switch Coma with TWAT for example? Sure, they don’t perform for people on forums, but it definitely looks stale at this point. It’s not just casuals waiting for SCOM, there are other fans as well.

In general, they need to start changing shit soon. I hope this really was it for NITL, and next year will bring some MAJOR playlist changes, as well as news about any upcoming material...

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I just think that the fact that this tour has been going on for four years without anything new is embarassing. They don’t have to do anything new because everyone will give them money anyway. Axl creatively retired years ago. Just a touring/legacy band which I’ve mostly accepted but sure get sad about thinking about the missed potential.

People change. I wouldn’t say he retired creatively. I’d put it this way-  he decided what it was, was what it was and is now at a point he can revisit it. Which in a way is a resurgence of creativity and why it’s so successful again. We know he wanted to “bury appetite” and I can only imagine felt the same in the CD era. Let the nostalgia play out. He’s still young. 57 is the new 40. I don’t think he’s totally done but very well could be happy revisiting that era of his life. Imagine you are him and you did all this crazy shit 30 years ago and suddenly you have a chance to bring it back to what it was. You might be happy just sitting with it for awhile but it doesn’t mean you’re dead. 

• Like 2