11/02/19 - Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace

alfierose

1 hour ago, Sprite said:

I was really hoping for Benny and the jets at the show I went to but that could have been a fake set list haha. 

I know what you mean on KOHD.. but the general crowd eats it up. That’s one of the songs everyone knows even if you don’t know the band. I like it for nostalgia and makes me think of Tracey and Roberta.

the point about shorter shows is well taken and probably what we’ll see in the next few years as they get older and older. I’m just enjoying what we have while it’s here.

About kohd i always think of the voice message on the answering machine in the album version.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sprite said:

People change. I wouldn’t say he retired creatively. I’d put it this way-  he decided what it was, was what it was and is now at a point he can revisit it. Which in a way is a resurgence of creativity and why it’s so successful again. We know he wanted to “bury appetite” and I can only imagine felt the same in the CD era. Let the nostalgia play out. He’s still young. 57 is the new 40. I don’t think he’s totally done but very well could be happy revisiting that era of his life. Imagine you are him and you did all this crazy shit 30 years ago and suddenly you have a chance to bring it back to what it was. You might be happy just sitting with it for awhile but it doesn’t mean you’re dead. 

I also wonder to if he views the non finished shows, riots and maybe a bit embarrased about what could have been during the illusion period, if the band may have been more professional. As daft as that is as back in the say when you went to a guns show the main questions were,

1. What time will eventually the band get onstage

2. How long will the band be onstage for.

You never knew what to expect which made it half the fun of going to a concert. 

Did the band ever change it up during the CD tours from what 08 to 14?.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

They are like a Broadway play. It's especially obvious when they do back to back nights and put on nearly identical shows. But at least we got Dead Horse and Locomotive. That was definitely some solid fan service. They weren't playing those for the casuals that's for sure. I think we all just wish this band would be a lot more ambitious and take some chances. 

2 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

I WANT them to succeed. I WANT to see them take chances and do things outside of the box. I WANT them to release new music.

Sometimes "succeed" and "do things outside the box" are alternatives - and to keep a success you need to play safe. And ironically releasing new music for GnR was always a risk. And even if they'll release it today, I doubt that it would become a huge hit in terms of profits and quality - even for fans. Of course, now we can dream about whatever we want, however, this lust for "just releasing music" is one step from becoming a blind addiction. After all, I personally don't mind if they'll come to a city near me and play the same set - will see them for 4th time on this tour and I am perfectly okay with that, because I love GnR not for they could do in the future, but because of what they've done in the past. I'll be very glad if they'll release some new stuff, but don't want see them spending a whole year in a studio recording, probably, some shit just to fulfill the idea that "we need new music" - after investing tons of money, album will flop, band will be caught in an another controversy and quarrel between themselves - and it will be the end. Quite a negative scenario, but the reality is that the world at large probably doesn't need new GnR music. Fans do, but no the general public from billboard charts - no. Maybe, Axl and Co will pull it off and create a next step in evolution of rock, but i doubt that. And even from the point of adding new stuff to the set it also doesn't work - better to include more deep cuts. Yet again, I'm totally for the new album, but also I get why the things are going like they do. 

This autumn tour was quite a success, I think - we got Locomotive and Dead Horse - in terms of previous years it's a huge step forward towards more deep cuts from classical albums. Though, Axl sounded not at his prime, but, well, at least far from miserable. Long live GNR.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nikothebellic said:

Sometimes "succeed" and "do things outside the box" are alternatives - and to keep a success you need to play safe. And ironically releasing new music for GnR was always a risk. And even if they'll release it today, I doubt that it would become a huge hit in terms of profits and quality - even for fans. Of course, now we can dream about whatever we want, however, this lust for "just releasing music" is one step from becoming a blind addiction. After all, I personally don't mind if they'll come to a city near me and play the same set - will see them for 4th time on this tour and I am perfectly okay with that, because I love GnR not for they could do in the future, but because of what they've done in the past. I'll be very glad if they'll release some new stuff, but don't want see them spending a whole year in a studio recording, probably, some shit just to fulfill the idea that "we need new music" - after investing tons of money, album will flop, band will be caught in an another controversy and quarrel between themselves - and it will be the end. Quite a negative scenario, but the reality is that the world at large probably doesn't need new GnR music. Fans do, but no the general public from billboard charts - no. Maybe, Axl and Co will pull it off and create a next step in evolution of rock, but i doubt that. And even from the point of adding new stuff to the set it also doesn't work - better to include more deep cuts. Yet again, I'm totally for the new album, but also I get why the things are going like they do. 

This autumn tour was quite a success, I think - we got Locomotive and Dead Horse - in terms of previous years it's a huge step forward towards more deep cuts from classical albums. Though, Axl sounded not at his prime, but, well, at least far from miserable. Long live GNR.  

Ok, but a few remarks:
- I’d love them to spend some time in the studio. 
- We do need new music. Slash promised new music. It’s a natural course of a band’s existence. 
- They might invest tons of money, but they made shitloads of tons of money in the last 3 years. 
- Album can’t flop; I honestly cannot imagine these people could even be capable of releasing something that wouldn’t be absolutely awesome. Seriously. 
- They have no reason to quarrel. They’ve been riding on the wave, having the time of their lives, getting paid like never before. They’re just sitting back, laughing and smoking cigars, man!
- The world does need new GN’R music. Besides, I don’t think they could tour this same playlist for that many years on. Maybe a few, with lesser numbers constantly decreasing. 
- A new album has been promised by Slash, no reason to doubt it (although I don’t believe for a second that "in 6 months" nonsense from whoever that guy on Reddit is). And it will be great. It doesn’t have to rewrite the books of rock n’ roll, it just needs to be great. And Axl will sound great in the studio, too. 
- Otherwise, I agree. :D

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Ok, but a few remarks:
- I’d love them to spend some time in the studio. 
- We do need new music. Slash promised new music. It’s a natural course of a band’s existence. 
- They might invest tons of money, but they made shitloads of tons of money in the last 3 years. 
- Album can’t flop; I honestly cannot imagine these people could even be capable of releasing something that wouldn’t be absolutely awesome. Seriously. 
- They have no reason to quarrel. They’ve been riding on the wave, having the time of their lives, getting paid like never before. They’re just sitting back, laughing and smoking cigars, man!
- The world does need new GN’R music. Besides, I don’t think they could tour this same playlist for that many years on. Maybe a few, with lesser numbers constantly decreasing. 
- A new album has been promised by Slash, no reason to doubt it (although I don’t believe for a second that "in 6 months" nonsense from whoever that guy on Reddit is). And it will be great. It doesn’t have to rewrite the books of rock n’ roll, it just needs to be great. And Axl will sound great in the studio, too. 
- Otherwise, I agree. :D

There's nothing I could severe disagree on! Indeed, the band needs new music as a logical continuation of their reunion, but I just don't see the rush in it as some people do. It doesn't bother me whether new album will be "on air" within a year or three, even more I don't give a damn about live premieres of new music - it will be done, when it is done. We owe the band some credit as I thought that even Led Zeppelin would reunite sooner. Of course, if after 5 more years of rumors and gossips nothing would be done, the questioning will be justified, but now I am just happy they are together, rocking the world and playing deep cuts. But some individuals act rather odd: after fulfilling their lust for seeing reunion Live 2-3 times, start to demand new music as if they are only listeners on the planet.   

Edited by nikothebellic
  • Like 1

I was there last night.  For me, it was an incredibly disappointing night.  I could see how this show was awesome if this is your first GNR show in 2019.  I saw them in SLC on Tuesday and had a blast.  I went tonight and it was just boring since it was the exact same setlist, notwithstanding Slash’s solo was different and they through in Madagascar. We didn’t get Locomotive either. 

The whole thing is just so rehearsed and inorganic.  No fan interaction. Slash jumps off the risers at the same spot at the same time.  Axl makes the same facial expressions and dance moves at the same points in songs.

It wasn’t terrible, it’s just boring at this point, which is why people are complaining.  I’d go see them again in a year or so, but I won’t travel again for this band unless something material changes. 

The best part of the night was meeting other Guns fans. I don’t get how “super-fans” spend $10k+ on travel, pit tickets, and merch (if not more) for multiple shows on this tour. 

6 hours ago, cineater said:

My friends who are there don't think so.

I had 2 friends there sitting in completely different sections that said the crowd was fantastic...that said, I'm glad we decided on saving $ and going to OKC instead of Vegas.