alfierose

11/02/19 - Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace

1 hour ago, djones1225 said:

5 years ago we wouldve never thought we'd see Slash Axl n Duff all on the same stage again and bring Steven on a few songs. In 2014 we wouldve also never thought we would hear Double Talkin Jive, Coma, Locomotive, Dead Horse, Shadow of Your Love ever again, hell we even got Axl doing Slither. This tour had it's up and downs but it was still a hell of a tour. Hopefully now they head to the studio and bust out a new GNR album, and we dont have to wait a decade for it.

It ain't over yet.

5 hours ago, Dcrazed212 said:

I do agree with people who are wanting new album.  But the set-list debate is so boring.

You guys do realize that 99.9 % of the people in the audience at each show are looking for the songs they play.  Seems the people who complain are the 1% who been to a couple of shows and would like the band to appease them and change the set list.  I think when you guys read the set-list each show, you are imagining you are there and you are unhappy.

You completely miss what we complain about. We don't  care if they play the same 30 songs, we do care that they arrive in the same order every night. 

That 6 months out you can guess up 99% of the set that's boring, lazy and deserves criticism. 

Besides some deep cuts from uyi and cd these are mainly the songs the majority want to hear, we get it.

Edited by Tom2112

2 hours ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

I just don’t get it. I’m not directing this to anyone in particular and I hope it doesn’t offend anyone, but if you think the band sucks, the setlist is boring, their moves are rehearsed and they’re doing it just for the money, why the hell do you go to the show or come here to follow the live set?

I’m speaking from a personal experience. When Axl was doing his thing with NuGNR I went to one concert, but I thought the whole thing was too depressing, like a wedding band. I seriously left the show depressed, so I never came back. I would still follow closely, come here, read your comments, check if they were still alive, see what was going on, but I would never post and wasn’t excited about new music as most people were. It just wasn’t for me and that was fine.

I wish they’d change the setlist, play more deep cuts etc, I agree with all that, but they’re not doing anything different from other big bands these days. You have to look at it with some perspective, we’re not the general public, the general public is really happy. We follow the band closely, we know all their steps. Also I don’t expect the spontaneity from the old days, that had a lot to do with youth, drugs, immaturity, booze and Axl’s personal problems. Things change, you can’t replicate that,  they’re in a much better place now. I think they’re genuinely enjoying each others company and playing together again. Of course the money doesn’t hurt either! Just see how how they look happy onstage every night. There’s always people here criticizing management and saying how they could make more money etc. Yes, they could release a dvd, give interviews, be on magazine covers, make a documentary about the whole thing, whatever, but they didn’t, they just want to play and do it on their on terms, don’t you thing that’s cool? That is so much the essence of this band.

From now on I hope we get new music and a different setlist when they go on tour again. Let’s wait and see, but for now I just choose to enjoy what we have and have fun. Ultimately it’s their call, they’ll do what they want to and I think that’s how it should be with any band.

AMEN!

So there wasn’t a single word spoken from the stage by Axl or anyone regarding it being the last show of the tour? Nothing said about a new chapter coming soon or anything like that? Just a bow at the end and everyone walking off into the darkness like every other night? I was hoping for at least a mysterious cryptic comment of some sort or something... 

So now what? Another radio silence/ into the wilderness period, or what? Hopefully a comment or hint from Slash before too long about the near future...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

So there wasn’t a single word spoken from the stage by Axl or anyone regarding it being the last show of the tour? Nothing said about a new chapter coming soon or anything like that? Just a bow at the end and everyone walking off into the darkness like every other night? I was hoping for at least a mysterious cryptic comment of some sort or something... 

So now what? Another radio silence/ into the wilderness period, or what? Hopefully a comment or hint from Slash before too long about the near future...

Someone post the Slash twitter , and he said " last NITL show".

5 hours ago, Your Illusion said:

Whaha. This band is not better than the 80's and 90's. This band is for the money. Not for new music etc.  Even 2006 en 2010 gnr is better.

Yeah this way better then now :blink: Lets have the band show up 3 hours late, axl causing riots and sounding like he has been chewing on shreded glass 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

You completely miss what we complain about. We don't  care if they play the same 30 songs, we do care that they arrive in the sane orfer every night. 

I disagree with this. I care that they play the same songs.

27 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Honestly, I don't think they really know either. Holding pattern.

I’m not asking the band to go in and completely overhaul the setlist. Just please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, drop Wichita Lineman, Black Hole Sun, and the Seeker and play three more actual GNR songs

Why is that so hard for this band to understand?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Stlconcerts said:

Richard Fortus was on my flight. I talked to him about 10 minutes at baggage claim when we landed. Very nice guy. 

That's awesome.  Representing the Lou.

12 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

That's awesome.  Representing the Lou.

He talked a little bit about the behind the scenes stuff that's going on. I'm not starting any rumors based off of our conversation though.  He liked the Colosseum. He had a guitar with him which he also bought a seat for lol. Most people on the flight had no clue who he was, just a weirdo that likes a guitar enough to buy it a seat.

7 minutes ago, Stlconcerts said:

He talked a little bit about the behind the scenes stuff that's going on. I'm not starting any rumors based off of our conversation though.  He liked the Colosseum. He had a guitar with him which he also bought a seat for lol. Most people on the flight had no clue who he was, just a weirdo that likes a guitar enough to buy it a seat.

He's not like Chuck Berry, he would just check his guitar at baggage.   If it got damaged it was a tax write off. 😄

Edited by lame ass security

Great night train. Raspy. Probably best this year.

Edited by vloors

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Axl thanked the band, crew and fans during Knocking On Heavens Door. But he did not talk about the future of the band.

1 hour ago, Stlconcerts said:

Richard Fortus was on my flight. I talked to him about 10 minutes at baggage claim when we landed. Very nice guy. 

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

So now is everyone going to their houses until march? 

3 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

20191104-081906.jpg

9 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

20191104-081906.jpg

So does that mean the next leg is officially not part of NITL then? 

Edited by Caedo

5 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

You completely miss what we complain about. We don't  care if they play the same 30 songs, we do care that they arrive in the same order every night. 

That 6 months out you can guess up 99% of the set that's boring, lazy and deserves criticism. 

Besides some deep cuts from uyi and cd these are mainly the songs the majority want to hear, we get it.

Drop the big production, drop the videos, the fucking cartoons, Frank, and play the songs how they feel the order they want to play them in. Did I have to wait for videos to be finished for dead horse and locomotive before I heard them live? Bollocks to that if so. The videos dictate the setlist order of the show it seems. 

Next tour needs to be Skin N Bones II

On 9/12/2019 at 3:37 PM, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

November 2 is my birthday. Turning 49 this year.

In my honor, the band is going to play a new song.

:facepalm:

Happy Birthday! That would be so awesome!

1 hour ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

Axl thanked the band, crew and fans during Knocking On Heavens Door. But he did not talk about the future of the band.

Axl never likes to tell too much about his future plans. Guess time will tell. I think these guys rocked it and need to rest up. The holidays are coming and I'm sure everyone wants to spend time with their families and friends. I just hope these fires in California get under control. it's just too sad. So much damage. So proud of all the men and women who are out there fighting these fires.

• Like 1