State of Grace - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

48 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Can't get over how fucking good this and Perhaps is! 2019-09-13 will go down in history as the best day in GN'R leaks history :lol:

I don’t know about THE best day, but certainly top 3 along with the day when IRS, Better, and TWAT leaked in 2006, and the Antiquiet leaks in 2008. I think objectively that one would have to take the cake - 9 tracks, 3 of which we’d never heard. 

• Like 1

I think most of you are the equivalent of a person who hasn’t seen food for weeks and starts to think dust is edible.

Chinese democracy stuff was b grade compared to anything gnr ever did.

so this is b grade of the b grade.

and you all lap it up!, you’ve been depraved for new music for so long you’ll start to think the farts that come out of axls ass is a gift to the world.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, slaxl stradler said:

I think most of you are the equivalent of a person who hasn’t seen food for weeks and starts to think dust is edible.

Chinese democracy stuff was b grade compared to anything gnr ever did.

so this is b grade of the b grade.

and you all lap it up!, you’ve been depraved for new music for so long you’ll start to think the farts that come out of axls ass is a gift to the world.

Oh you are so right, let me guess, #SLASHSAVEGNR

but I hear you, but this is not one of those times, and since there isn't 'in a perfect world', this is the best we'll get.. imo.

Edited by pbj_jam

8 minutes ago, Tio Didi said:

I know this is not 'The General' per se, but it seem like 'The General' is like an intro to this song. The chords seem pretty similar to me.

Or maybe The General was used as an instrumental for State of Grace? Who knows.

Edited by Sosso

2 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Remember when they described the album in that 1999 Spin article as "sounds like Physical Graffiti remixed by Trent Reznor"? Am I the only one who gets a bit of "Fool In The Rain" during the verses? Not from Graffiti, but close enough.

I get John Lennon vibes in the verses followed by Soundgarden all produced by Trent.....and it somehow all works. 

I wonder if they doubletracked his voice like Lennon if it would get that vibe completely 

2 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

are you calling these leaked songs generic? 😂 

the General is a legitimate finished song. Not connected to this song. Thyme is just an orchestral arrangement that was pasted into a section of PRL. 

Is The General out? Have you heard it? Trying to keep up with everything that’s happened 

16 minutes ago, username05 said:

the "my love with me ,...can it be, I'm falling from your grace with me " part of the song reminds me of the Cult - "Painted on my heart" . 

but composition wise... its 3 different songs meshed into 1... something I found most put off thing on some of the CD songs...

first 90secs of twat were just filler (end up skipping  over them to get to the good part). and so are the intro sounds in better :(
Hope this one doesnt suffer the same fate. 

First 90 seconds of TWAT filler? Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t make it filler 😂 

3 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

First 90 seconds of TWAT filler? Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t make it filler 😂 

maybe harsh words on my part.. but I dont think it complements the rest of the song... or that its on pair in quality with the 2nd part., which are probably my favorite 4 minutes in all of GNR discography. 

Edited by username05

1 hour ago, Underhardy said:

No. The General wasn’t on the 21 discs that have recently been traded around. It won’t leak anytime soon. 

Only partially true. The actual full version of the song wasn't on the discs. The instrumental supposedly is under the name 'Prom Violence'.

But yeah, if that is actually in the hands of anyone, I wouldn't expect it to leak anytime soon. That's about the only thing that would still be valuable, since it'd be far less circulated and likely to get out.

3 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

Only partially true. The actual full version of the song wasn't on the discs. The instrumental supposedly is under the name 'Prom Violence'.

But yeah, if that is actually in the hands of anyone, I wouldn't expect it to leak anytime soon. That's about the only thing that would still be valuable, since it'd be far less circulated and likely to get out.

What I don’t understand, I’ve been a Lerker in the forum for years and I always hear talk of certain people having holy grails they are hoarding to sell. But I never see anyone selling? How do people even buy when no one knows who has what and nothing is being offered up for sale. Is there a deep secret internet web room for gnr stuff?