State of Grace - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

This ones a grower for sure. I really liked it my first time through but since I downloaded it at the same time as Perhaps I ended up listening to that a lot more at first. The more I listened to this the more I had to replay it and now I can’t stop listening to it. Probably just became my favorite leak, with Perhaps a close second

35 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

State Of Grace is the best of the leaks, to me. Fucking love this song.

I just wish I knew what the fuck is being said in the high vocal parts, lol.

As many have stated, I don't think he's saying anything.  Think it's just scratch vocals.  You can tell from 2:21-2:26 that he kind of gets "lost" or something.  There's even that part in there where he starts singing again for 0.5 seconds but then stops then comes back in again to finish that rasp section.  Don't get me wrong, best part of the song, just wish we had finished lyrics there.

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Having listened to it another hundred times or so, and digested it a bit, I can safely say this is among my top 5 GN'R songs. And perhaps the most impressive vocal delivery from Axl I have heard.

It’s my favorite of the new leaks. The second half is insane. It begs the question- why have we never heard of this song before? Not a title (unless it’s been changed) nothing. 

• Like 1

A lot of these tunes have the same tempo, don't they?  That TWAT/Catcher piano melody/drum beat combo.  Hearing even more of these on the album would have been monotonous.

Cool songs, but, how about painting in some different colors?  This one has good energy, a cool riff, and some good vocals, but, it's basically in the If The World camp.

• Like 1

I see you lurking, Fernando.  Please tell Axl he should have held firm, stuck to his guns (:P) and released the already solid version of the album the week that the 2002 tour began.

Now then...a box set release of this material, even digitally, on Bandcamp, would be great.  Axl has support from the die-hards for a limited digital release of all CD-Era archive material;  Perhaps not enough interest for full-blown retail, but, digital?  Absolutely!

Look at how progressive Radiohead was in getting out in front of their leak situation.

Edited by oneway23

I love that these leaks have restored people's faith in the next GNR record. I never doubted I'd love the next album, especially if they incorporated songs from the Chinese era. I have seen so many comments here from people saying they were wrong about the "leftovers." Man, I haven't been this excited about Guns N' Roses since the NITL first started. 

I had lost hope after waiting for new music for so long. I eventually figured that most of the song songs that are out there are leftovers that weren't good enough to see the light of day.

These songs have reminded me that Axl is my favorite songwriter. I'm so happy to hear these, but still pissed off that this much good material is being stuffed away.