brad_k

State of Grace - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

After the long IRS like scream, between the 2:30-2:35 mark, where he is coming down a little, his voice synchronizes perfectly with the guitar. I’ve listened to this song in the shower, in the car, forcefully in my wife’s car, etc. I love it, absolutely love it. Especially that bit of the song, before he starts firing on all cylinders in full rasp mode towards the end.

• Like 2

I find this one to be frustrating. It sounds like it has the makings of something special and first time I heard it I thought “oh man, this songs gonna build and build and give me some serious goosebumps/hairs standing on the back of the neck type shit” but then it just kinda fizzles out. I know it’s obviously incomplete, but it’s still a frustrating listen, as after such a promising first two minutes, it doesn’t take me where I feel it needs to go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I find this one to be frustrating. It sounds like it has the makings of something special and first time I heard it I thought “oh man, this songs gonna build and build and give me some serious goosebumps/hairs standing on the back of the neck type shit” but then it just kinda fizzles out. I know it’s obviously incomplete, but it’s still a frustrating listen, as after such a promising first two minutes, it doesn’t take me where I feel it needs to go.

I think the rasp bridge into the high vocal final chorus was a good payoff. I think more guitar leads and more clear vocals would take this song to the next level. A final version would have delivered, Axl loves adding 100 guitar solos

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think the rasp bridge into the high vocal final chorus was a good payoff. I think more guitar leads and more clear vocals would take this song to the next level. A final version would have delivered, Axl loves adding 100 guitar solos

Oh definitely. I have no doubt a finished version would deliver the goods. I’m just saying that as it stands, it just doesn’t really go anywhere. Right at the moment where you think you’re gonna get some proper TWAT-esque drama it just sort of goes off the boil, but that’s the nature of a demo I guess.

• Like 1

Sounds unfinished but I like what I hear. Good on Axl for exploring new sounds and trying things outside of his comfort zone. 

• Thanks 1

i love this song can not stop listing to it what a badass rock i know it a demo but still it a badass rock song

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Does anyone else get an 'I'm Afraid Of Americans' vibe from this song?

That was my first thoughts on hearing it.

The vocal delivery is very Bowie and the music has that Trent vibe.

• Like 1

Having listened to it another hundred times or so, and digested it a bit, I can safely say this is among my top 5 GN'R songs. And perhaps the most impressive vocal delivery from Axl I have heard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It honestly just gets better to me every day. It's so addictive. I really hope Axl finished. 

• Like 2

State Of Grace is the best of the leaks, to me. Fucking love this song.

I just wish I knew what the fuck is being said in the high vocal parts, lol.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

This ones a grower for sure. I really liked it my first time through but since I downloaded it at the same time as Perhaps I ended up listening to that a lot more at first. The more I listened to this the more I had to replay it and now I can’t stop listening to it. Probably just became my favorite leak, with Perhaps a close second

35 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

State Of Grace is the best of the leaks, to me. Fucking love this song.

I just wish I knew what the fuck is being said in the high vocal parts, lol.

As many have stated, I don't think he's saying anything.  Think it's just scratch vocals.  You can tell from 2:21-2:26 that he kind of gets "lost" or something.  There's even that part in there where he starts singing again for 0.5 seconds but then stops then comes back in again to finish that rasp section.  Don't get me wrong, best part of the song, just wish we had finished lyrics there.

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Having listened to it another hundred times or so, and digested it a bit, I can safely say this is among my top 5 GN'R songs. And perhaps the most impressive vocal delivery from Axl I have heard.

It’s my favorite of the new leaks. The second half is insane. It begs the question- why have we never heard of this song before? Not a title (unless it’s been changed) nothing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Are you drinking bleach? 

• Haha 2

A lot of these tunes have the same tempo, don't they?  That TWAT/Catcher piano melody/drum beat combo.  Hearing even more of these on the album would have been monotonous.

Cool songs, but, how about painting in some different colors?  This one has good energy, a cool riff, and some good vocals, but, it's basically in the If The World camp.

• Like 1

I see you lurking, Fernando.  Please tell Axl he should have held firm, stuck to his guns (:P) and released the already solid version of the album the week that the 2002 tour began.

Now then...a box set release of this material, even digitally, on Bandcamp, would be great.  Axl has support from the die-hards for a limited digital release of all CD-Era archive material;  Perhaps not enough interest for full-blown retail, but, digital?  Absolutely!

Look at how progressive Radiohead was in getting out in front of their leak situation.

Edited by oneway23

2 hours ago, sl4yer said:

These are 100% accurate and I think it's his best song lyrically since appetite or maybe ever

Strong candidate for best (funniest?) post of the year 😂😂

• Thanks 1