State of Grace - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

I retract a statement I made in another leak thread about the leaks not being good because this song is the shiiiiiiiiiit!!! 

I need a finished version of this, preferably with Slash, in my life. This could be like first single off the new album good

imho of course

• Like 2

This track still stinks no matter how many listens I force myself to sit through, it’s worse than anything on the Illusions. I’m literally shocked by some of the overly positive opinions. Chinese Democracy set the bar so low for some of you I suppose, coupled with the thirst for anything new. Atlas, Perhaps & Hard School are definitely solid tracks especially after listening to CD shit like Sorry and Scraped & the other bloated, oversaturated Final mixes. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

This track still stinks no matter how many listens I force myself to sit through, it’s worse than anything on the Illusions. I’m literally shocked by some of the overly positive opinions. Chinese Democracy set the bar so low for some of you I suppose, coupled with the thirst for anything new. Atlas, Perhaps & Hard School are definitely solid tracks especially after listening to CD shit like Sorry and Scraped & the other bloated, oversaturated Final mixes. 

I agree to an extent. Illusions records are definitely better than everything we’ve heard from the “Chinese era” and I really can’t argue that point. I would say the worst songs I’ve heard from the GnR catalogue are from the Chinese era but I would also say songs like “Better” and “TWAT” are up there with the best In the GnR catalogue 

• Like 1

Rose doesn't seem to have possessed an ''Estranged'' for Chinese, either in quality or style. He had a number of these epics from the Illusion era in which he was the primary author, ''Estranged'', ''Breakdown'', ''November Rain''. It is weird how he couldn't reach this level of creativity again. I suppose he burnt himself out, exhausted his muse, in 1990-1.  

On 18/09/2019 at 12:00 AM, Download said:

I need a finished version of this, preferably with Slash, in my life. This could be like first single off the new album good

IKR. I really like this one (even tho Perhaps was my favorite). I wonder why this song didnt have a huge agressive solo to follow Axl's vocals. Maybe it was built when Robin left and Bucket wasn't in the band yet. 

Edited by Voodoochild
  • GNFNR 1

28 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rose doesn't seem to have possessed an ''Estranged'' for Chinese, either in quality or style. He had a number of these epics from the Illusion era in which he was the primary author, ''Estranged'', ''Breakdown'', ''November Rain''. It is weird how he couldn't reach this level of creativity again. I suppose he burnt himself out, exhausted his muse, in 1990-1.  

As much as I agree with you, I think Axl needed Slash as much as Slash needed Axl. I don’t think estranged is estranged if you subtract Slash and insert Robin or Buckethead. Even that being said, I am a huge fan of Robin & Buckets work on the Chinese stuff 

Edited by Download

Best of the leaks so far IMO. Love the first part and I like the structure. If they're working on this to make it an official release I really hope that they don't make it into a conventional verse chorus verse chorus Bridge solo chorus-song. I know that Slash loves that shit, but too many of those songs makes it really boring. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 6:51 PM, BN38416 said:

This song is pretty damn good... Even without a solo... Axls vocals sound unfinished... Which hopefully means... The finished version will be way cooler

That's because they are. Those are scratch vocals as it's a real demo, unlike the other songs we've heard that were mostly completed songs with multi layered vocals and multiple takes pieced together for a final product. This is a single take, with flubs and missed lines. No other track on CD, released or unreleased that we've heard, has single take vocals and all the songs are a mix of multiple takes glued together (much like a lot of the guitar parts). 

12 hours ago, Mendez said:

Everyones saying Axl sounds bad on the verses, but what how do you think he skubds on what I think is the chorus (oh my love, can it be, ive fallen from your grace with me). I think that part sounds awesome with the sort of ldrowsy voice hes using

I'm on the other side of the fence on this one. I love how axl sounds like an old nag in the verses. It makes it really interesting. 

21 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I was scrolling through these comments thinking I was still on the Eye On You thread and noticing a bunch of positive posts and thinking “wtf?!” And then when I realized I had accidentally clicked on the State of Grace thread instead I went “ohh ok! Now these nice comments make more sense!” :lol:

Ha....Ikr? There are so many leak threads nowadays which is awesome of course , but they all run together and you gotta read those titles carefully lol. :lol:

• Like 1

I find it hilarious that a song that I loathed in clip form became my favourite over songs that I've been desperately waiting 15 years to hear.

That was literally the worst 10 seconds the hoarders could have used to represent the song, especially if they were trying to sell it. It sounded like some random YT fake.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

I find it hilarious that a song that I loathed in clip form became my favourite over songs that I've been desperately waiting 15 years to hear.

That was literally the worst 10 seconds the hoarders could have used to represent the song, especially if they were trying to sell it. It sounded like some random YT fake.

y... but I hate the inconsistency of some of the songs. Its like they have a NU metal template, when 1 guy sings, and other one raps... and you cant wait to get him over with the rapping part. 

same with some CD songs... it has a part thats magnificent, and then some mumble part drops and you're like "not this again".  

have same problem with first 2 mins of TWAT (I just skip em)

or all the "laugh in my face - Oh yaeh" part of prostitue... it just cringes me. while the fortune and fame part is awsome.

its like they were... "we have an excelent 4 min song... lets make it 6..." pastes some random stuff in there. 

Edited by username05
  • Like 1