State of Grace - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

39 minutes ago, downzy said:

It's pretty simple but it works for what it is.  I wish it would get going a little earlier but all in all it's one of the best songs IMO from the leaks so far.  I've been waiting for a GNR melody that rivals TWAT, Better, and Catcher.  The chorus in this song definitely belongs in that group of songs, particularly Axl's last take.  

I am listening to it mow.   am not hearing that?  atlas is more along the twat lines imo.  I still like this alot

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Fuck the sound quality is AWFUL. Does everyone have the same version?

On studio head phones it sounds fine.

Thing is the response curve is very flat compared to the usual shitty consumer speakers... you need an equalizer to make it sound passable on those.

Also there is a lot going on at the same time... 

2 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Sounds like it could be an early version of The General.

I mean, bits of that orchestral part of The General played as intro for the shows, I can hear it played on guitar more than once on here.

I think this is The General. Screaming vocals, sounds like Black Sabbath..

• Like 2

Some nice lyrics but the track sounds like a demo in it's very early stages. Maybe if Axl would strip out all the industrial noises and let Slash and Duff write some new riffs, bass lines etc. it could work as a b-sider.

Nothing magical imho. 

P.S. whoever is behind all of this, c'mon we all wanna hear "Perhaps"

I listened to it again and it's alright. I still haven't heard/found the full hard school but have heard atlas multiple times. Atlas has started to grow on me. State of Grace is so far removed from GNR it really is like and Axl solo song. You can see he really did want to end Illusions with My World as a sort of what's next for GNR. 

Just now, SeBaZ said:

La imagen puede contener: personas sentadas e interior

Thanks

Found a site with the Vault content list and my god they have a version for almost each song with every little adjustment they made, e.g.:

Chinese Democracy
New Brain Drums (3rd Time)

1. Drums and Guitars at Regular Level
2. Drums up 1 dB
3. Drums up 2 dB
4. Guitars up 2.5 dB, Drums at Regular Level
5. Guitars up 1.5 dB
6. Guitars up 0.7 dB
7. Instrumental with Drums and Guitars at Regular Level

i don't know if that's normal for all album recordings, but it makes me understand why it took 10+ years to be released :lol:

11 minutes ago, Deniz said:

Some nice lyrics but the track sounds like a demo in it's very early stages. Maybe if Axl would strip out all the industrial noises and let Slash and Duff write some new riffs, bass lines etc. it could work as a b-sider.

Nothing magical imho. 

P.S. whoever is behind all of this, c'mon we all wanna hear "Perhaps"

You're missing the point... Axl wants to make this kind of music. It's very NiN / Marilyn Manson like.

And in this case I like the instrumentals very much. Nothing wrong with it!

It's just not Guns N Roses... it's something else. But great nonetheless.

Axl needs someone like John 5 instead of Slash for this lol. Or bring back the bucket.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 1

Just now, Amir said:

I think this is too early to be The General since The General was a Brain + Bucket jam, and I'm not sure either of them are on this track.

That's what I'm thinking. One educated guess is that when Brain brought the general on the table, they fleshed it out recycling some ideas from this song. Those guitar notes in the chorus of State Of Grace are strongly similar to those orchestral parts of The General GNR used as show intro.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1