State of Grace - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

4 minutes ago, Amir said:

I think this is too early to be The General since The General was a Brain + Bucket jam, and I'm not sure either of them are on this track.

Also, very early versions of Shackler's and Sorry appear to be on the cds (though dated september/october, while SOG is march), so...

Edited by Twinaleblood
adding info

1 minute ago, 31illusions said:

I feel like Axl is laying on a couch talking into a microphone. Vocals sound phoned-in. Barely sounds like the man. It's different, but not in a good way.

It sounds like the Axl we know now... his voice is just not the same as in the 90's.

2 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Also, very early versions of Shackler's and Sorry appear to be on the cds (though dated september/october, while SOG is march), so...

Yeah, by September/October both Bucket and Brain had been in the band for a few months, I feel like the March demos are unlikely to have Bucket, and pretty sure Brain wasn't in the band then.

2 minutes ago, rendestroi95 said:

i don't know if that's normal for all album recordings, but it makes me understand why it took 10+ years to be released :lol:

It's very common at mixing stage. The tweaks you see in that listing are very subtle. In one hour you can made all that adjustments. 

What takes more time is the recording. 4 or 5 takes (or more) are usually recorded and then the best one is chosen or one is made with the best parts of each. A general mixing stage is made  with that "final take" and then a stage of small adjustments that are those seen in that list.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

From 1:50 mark on this just gets really intense. I love the orchestral buildup.

It's epic. Not for everyone... but still epic.

Exactly my thoughts on it. If it turns out to be true that this song was "dismembered" (and possibly abandoned) to complete The General it would be a little shame not hearing a finished version.

Edited by Twinaleblood

Just now, Twinaleblood said:

Exactly my thoughts on it. If it's turns out to be true that this song was "dismembered" (and possibly abandoned) to complete The General it would be a little shame not hearing a finished version.

I don't think that happened from what I've heard of The General.

What I've heard had a lot of people talking through it, so it was hard to hear... but it sounded very different to this.

Axl's vocals are much meaner on it and it has a sweet high pitched Bucket like guitar solo through it. From what I can make of it, that song is pretty much insane.

But yeah... not sure if it's real. Whatever it is, it sounds unreal.

Reminds me a lot of Bring It Back Home (which I think should have been used on UYI, and they should go back to it for whatever they put out on an upcoming UYI box set/ep/lp). Could def be a baller song with a real vocal take (and presumably the three voices of Axl layered together). Could definitely hear Slash play some dope stuff over this (mostly the keyboard riff just on guitar would be enough, really). But considering no one had heard of this song until this situation and no one (Axl, any band members, Rolling Stone) ever mentioned it, it probably got dropped completely. 

2 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

I don't think that happened from what I've heard of The General.

What I've heard had a lot of people talking through it, so it was hard to hear... but it sounded very different to this.

Axl's vocals are much meaner on it and it has a sweet high pitched Bucket like guitar solo through it. From what I can make of it, that song is pretty much insane.

But yeah... not sure if it's real. Whatever it is, it sounds unreal.

Yes, the descriptions and the phone recording and evader's reconstruction sounds definitely different from SOG. But then again, the notes in the SOG chorus sounds very very similar to the notes in the orchestral part of The General that GNR used multiple times as a show intro. Sorry if i'm repeating it for like the 5th time, but with so many posts maybe this or that can be missed.

57 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Lyrics I could make out

What can I say
Free will is blind today
The choice that you made
 is a not a road I would take
To use and betray
Simple as a power play
Not far away
With tears that go unexplained now

Oh my love
Can it be
I'm falling from your grace with me now
Oh more than ever
I still remember

They say it's just a passing phase
No more like a game
Problems of the human race
Goes right to your brain
Caught down in a hidden place
With no sense of shame
The secrets there and you can't erase 

Oh my love 
Can it be I'm falling from your grace with me
Now more than ever I still remember your name 

When did you think you would tell me
How long you think I could wait 
(unintelligible) 

How can it be you've fallen from your grace with me
(unintelligible) 

Now more than ever, I still remember your name 

Thank you. F-ing impressive you could decipher this 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Listening to this, it’s not hard to understand why Slash and Duff left. This is so far removed from what Guns were. 

I do wonder what kind of album they could make today... I’ve seen nothing to suggest Slash/Duff would be able to make an album like that. 

Yeah. Good point. Who knows want album Axl wants to make now.  Have a hard time seeing him wanting make a song like this at this stage of his life. Cld def see 2006 Axl doing this