State of Grace - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I said it somewhere else and I'm just going to say it here too :D This is goth I.R.S., they sound really similar on some parts

I thought it sounded really similar to the early versions of IRS too - these two songs were definitely written around the same time I think.

29 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Two thoughts:

-  I can imagine this song fully fleshed out being in a Bond film

- I can imagine Slash laying down a sexy mean groovy guitar riff during the verses

Also really heard the Bond vibes. Sort of falls somewhere between The World Is Not Enough, You Know My Name, and Another Way To Die.

I like it a lot, very different. Gonna take a few listens to digest, but right now I think I still rank Hard School and Atlas ahead of it. But Atlas has also grown on me immensely, so... :shrugs: 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Yes, the descriptions and the phone recording and evader's reconstruction sounds definitely different from SOG. But then again, the notes in the SOG chorus sounds very very similar to the notes in the orchestral part of The General that GNR used multiple times as a show intro. Sorry if i'm repeating it for like the 5th time, but with so many posts maybe this or that can be missed.

I've just listened to the phone recording again and still believe it's a very different song :lol:

I just hope I'm right, because I like State Of Grace and I also like what might be The General.

Here is to hoping it still gets released somehow.

It just feels so damn crazy that we got Buckethead and Robin butchering classic GnR songs when they could have been playing this all along.

And now we've got Slash and Duff... and I wonder how they would be able to play stuff like this :shrugs:

41 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

That's what I'm thinking. One educated guess is that when Brain brought the general on the table, they fleshed it out recycling some ideas from this song. Those guitar notes in the chorus of State Of Grace are strongly similar to those orchestral parts of The General GNR used as show intro.

I have the same feeling. Sounds like they just repurposed these notes into what became The General. Not the same song, of course.

3 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

It just feels so damn crazy that we got Buckethead and Robin butchering classic GnR songs when they could have been playing this all along.

And now we've got Slash and Duff... and I wonder how they would be able to play stuff like this :shrugs:

Pretty sure if Slash and Duff would play this song, it would sound a lot less industrial. I see no problems whatsoever with it.

At first I wasn’t sure I was going to like it but it builds up and actually thought it was pretty good. 

Maybe it’s just because of the excitement of “new” material though, I wonder how a song like this would have been received if it had been released on CD?

Anyway all I can say is I’m loving these leaks. I just wish we could hear more completed or final versions (in particular this and Atlas - hard school already seems 99% to me) but I’m guessing at this point in time it’s unlikely unless Slash and Duff redo them, I’d assume though they’d rather record their own songs than someone else’s though

12 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

I think the weak and whiny vocals in the beginning are as they were intended to be. To me it sounds like the song goes from whiny sad Axl and builds up to mega pissed off rip your head off screaming Axl 

Absolutely. Can't understand how anyone could think differently. Same with the alternate weak/triumphant verses on Scraped. 

10 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

This leak just made 15 years of waiting for Atlas go fuck itself 

Haha, yup. I'm bamboozled by the number of people loving Atlas. 

The vocal on the first 'remember your naaaaaame' is sick but it starts fading out as he transitions higher and higher. Sounds awesome. 

Imagine him doing this in live 2002 when he had the powerful falsetto/head voice mastered (nobody said Mickey until 2011).

• Like 1