State of Grace - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

9 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Absolutely. Can't understand how anyone could think differently. Same with the alternate weak/triumphant verses on Scraped. 

Haha, yup. I'm bamboozled by the number of people loving Atlas. 

The vocal on the first 'remember your naaaaaame' is sick but it starts fading out as he transitions higher and higher. Sounds awesome. 

Imagine him doing this in live 2002 when he had the powerful falsetto/head voice mastered (nobody said Mickey until 2011).

You don't have to imagine, he actually did that on the 2002 live versions of The Blues.

Love it. It's so different. I'm loving the three leaks we've had so far. I can't pick a favourite as of yet. Please, Axl, release something!

Why wouldn't Slash get into it? Slash doesn't seem like a difficult person in that regard. He plays with everyone and seems to enjoy it too.

• Like 4

It took some time but I cant believe Im actually smiling while listening to a GNR song. This is fantastic. 

This song is doom, stoner, sabbath, nin and GNR all in one. Fuckin awesome.

Dat fuzz bass and drunken vocals, fuck yeah.

Edited by default_
  • Like 2

Must admit... the first verse had me thinking they were just fucking around with this, possibly while drunk. Lyrics are probably/hopefully not complete, and pretty sure the stumble around the 2:24 mark is him forgetting the words or losing his breath and not intended to be part of the final song. With that said, I think this has the potential to be the best unheard song from this round of leaks. Great chorus, EPIC peak, catchy rhythm, and really showcases Axl's vocals. This is also one of the few new GN'R songs I could see crossing into pop radio.

As far as Slash not liking it, keep in mind this is a guy who apparently enjoyed collaborating with Lenny Kravitz. He's also been thru a bunch of successes and failures doing things his own way, so he's got to know by now that throwing together a bunch of generic rockers and ballads just isn't going to work anymore. As long as this style is not a permanent new direction for the band, I can't see any members/fans having a major problem with it. This band needs to focus on GOOD, COMPLETED songs, and seems like State of Grace is as close to reaching that as anything else we've heard so far.

• Like 1

Well, that indeed was pure slowish alternative and somewhat electronica leaning rock sound from around that time - maybe something like Mansons "Nobodies" with elements from "Man that you Fear" from Antichrist Superstar come to mind when listening to drumbeat and synths. Even those drunk vocals are somewhat catchy and with some melodies. Just all this isn't hard rock at all, but imho way better than TIL/Sorry/Prostitute from official ChiDem release and replacing those with HardSchooll/Atlas/SOG actually would have improved it.

Edited by tadskis
clarity

2 hours ago, downzy said:

I cannot stress this enough: DO NOT PM A MOD OR ADMIN ASKING FOR A LEAK.

Unless, of course, you want to take seven days off from the forum.  

Apparently this needs repeating as it’s happened more than once today. 

DO NOT ASK PM A MOD OR AN ADMIN ASKING FOR LEAKS!!!

• Haha 4