Perhaps - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

I love them enough I'd be prepared to mindlessly gush about them on a podcast or something and make a complete fool of myself. :lol:

They are not the ghosts of a dead and done talent they are spirits about to evolve into their final form and that makes me very, very hard. Genuinely not sure which one I love most...but probably rank them like this: Perhaps>Atlas Shrugged>State of Grace>Hard School, wbu?

I thought Atlas would always be my #1 because of all the hype surrounding the songs over these past 2 decades, but I have to say, State of Grace and Perhaps are amazing- like, some of the best Guns songs I’ve ever heard. I’d probably go Perhaps > Going Down > SOG > Atlas > Hardschool > OMG > Silkworms, but that can always change of course. 

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I thought Atlas would always be my #1 because of all the hype surrounding the songs over these past 2 decades, but I have to say, State of Grace and Perhaps are amazing- like, some of the best Guns songs I’ve ever heard. I’d probably go Perhaps > Going Down > SOG > Atlas > Hardschool > OMG > Silkworms, but that can always change of course. 

Two. Decades. So fucking sad it took so long for us to hear these songs. Keep reading this, but it's so sad Axl wasn't allowed to release the album he wanted to in 2000.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

I don't like the lyrics of Silkworms I think they're disgusting in a Slash's stupid af social media sort of way lol.

OMG is cool they should do a final version of that and Going Down(acoustic with Axl on vocals.) and final versions of Hard School, Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged and State of Grace+whatever else they have. The album will be awesome.

I think my biggest issue with AS is that everyone hyped it up to be a November Rain type ballad and the song ended up being a Verse Chorus Verse Chorus kind of deal, which is fine- it’s a great song, beautiful lyrics and totally something different- but not what I really expected. I think a structure a la November Rain or Estranged would benefit it greatly, maybe add something else at the end of the song, maybe a few slash solos, stuff like that. Although Axl really can’t add vocals to it in 2019 without it being jarring he’s lost his voice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think my biggest issue with AS is that everyone hyped it up to be a November Rain type ballad and the song ended up being a Verse Chorus Verse Chorus kind of deal, which is fine- it’s a great song, beautiful lyrics and totally something different- but not what I really expected. I think a structure a la November Rain or Estranged would benefit it greatly, maybe add something else at the end of the song, maybe a few slash solos, stuff like that. Although Axl really can’t add vocals to it in 2019 without it being jarring he’s lost his voice.

Not convinced his voice is gone. Sounded not great in 2002 when he was recording, sounds not great now. Maybe he's saving his voice for recording, has blown it recording, or honestly is just bored singing the same fucking songs over and over again while Perhaps, Atlas, State, etc. have been in the vaults and unplayable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'd ask to join you but even if you let me it would just be a stream of swearing about how good this is lol. I love the chorus part where it picks up oomph.

@DieselDaisy are you liking these leaks, old boy?

I have Hardschool, the hippy ballad with Brian May and the new version of Silk Worms. I like the first of those.

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah you like it I bet. Eh? *puts you in headlock* Eh? Ya GNR fan. :lol:

Haven't listened to Perhaps or State of Grace yet?

As I said I'm away. I'll listen when I get back tonight.

Practicaly a whole new album has leaked? Rose will hate all this. And no this doesn't get you your cheese.

Crazy how "Perhaps" was never hyped up like Atlas or any of the other songs but IMO it is better than all of them.  How the hell was this not on Chinese!?  This demo even, with every listen, to me is a better song than 70 percent than Chinese and stacks up against the other 30 percent well too.  

The chorus melody where Axl is rasping this rhythmic rocking epic thing and his vocal answer shows up, that is fucking epic.  The Brian May solo, fucking epic.  Piano intro, fucking epic.

This is the first nuGNR era song where I truly feel like it captures the UYI vibe

• Like 1

Im pretty sure 'Perhaps' is about MDC and John Lennon.

My sense of rejection (hey hey)
is no excuse for my behavior(yeah)
you pulled the gun (hey hey)
that shot and crucified my savior
now he is no more
And I am without you,
like I was before
the way I used to be
what a weight upon your shoulders
that you dont need
my heart bleeds for me

Edited by ASLayerAODsk