Perhaps - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 minute ago, Fanboy said:

its really a great song, Axl with a piano always end up with something good

Yes! Axl, if you're taking requests, more piano songs please.

This one's really cool, the chorus feels perhaps not quite finished to me and not quite at the level of the rest of the song, but it's close. I wonder how much further tweaking was done. Really great demo, and I hope to hear a finished version someday. 

Wow, finally a song I can instantly connect to.

Wasn't too impressed by Hard School and Atlas Shrugged (but they are improving on repeated listens), but I really like Perhaps (and to a lesser extent State of Gracel).

This really takes one back to the exciting times 2006, with the big batch of leaks back then. I still remember how blown away I was, when I first heard Better. No one knew if Axl still had "it" (the rasp, the power, whatever) and it was just awesome to hear him belt it out like that.

The leaks back then had really good quality, and partially I even preffered the leaked versions to the final album. The current leaks sound a bit rougher to me, but who knows - haven't heard them hundreds of times yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

Can you feel the TWAT vibe on this one?

Big time. I'm loving the intros and/or outros on all of these. 

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm just gonna go ahead and state the obvious:

Days like today make up for all the shit we put up with as GNR fans. 

Every single day for the past 20 odd years the first thing I do in the morning is check for Guns news/leaks. Often felt like we'd never hear anything again. This is legitimately surreal. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Anyone deciphered lyrics yet?

For real, I’ve told some of you this, I just moved away to go to college and it’s been a little bit of a rough transition for me. These songs have seriously have brought so much joy and happiness to me that I’m overwhelmed. I needed Guns music at this point in my life and I’m so glad it’s out. I’m so happy right now.

Dude. I went to Uni in September 2002. Was still high off the new songs from January 01 and going to the Euro shows in summer '02. Then the US tour started and on my shitty dial up I could usually just about download an mp3 of a live version of Madagascar from each show before it kicked me off after an hour XD I spent my first year at Uni walking around listening to those 2002 boots and soundboards and it got me through some shite.

8 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

One thing that is gradually becoming clear is that Axl, for all his issues, is probably more honest and less difficult than we were told.

Big time. It is fucked that he's had to sit on this for two decades. 

7 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Hearing this song for the first time tonight, this is the first time I've felt like this about a GN'R song since the full version of Better first leaked in 2006. Getting the full Hard School was incredibly fulfilling, Atlas has grown on me a lot, and State Of Grace is great. But this - this is fucking killer. 

I don't want Slash anywhere near any of Brian May's work - that should stay as it is. 

I don't care who it is, if it's perfect it stays. If Twat was unreleased and had just leaked would anyone want Slash to replace Robin, let alone Bucket? I wouldn't care so much if Slash re-recorded it faithfully but given what he did to TIL live if he isn't into it leave it alone. 

1 hour ago, tbaugerud said:

State of Grace is better. Perhaps has a catchy verse, but no real chorus. I don't like those multi-layered screams that infest almost every CD era song.

I'm slowly accepting that that's just the sound he wanted. Anyone who prefers Chinese songs with classic voice has a zillion versions from 2006-2010. It's just a shame he'll probably never be able to sing any of this unreleased stuff like that. 

1 hour ago, ASLayerAODsk said:

Im pretty sure 'Perhaps' is about MDC and John Lennon.

My sense of rejection (hey hey)
is no excuse for my behavior(yeah)
you pulled the gun (hey hey)
that shot and crucified my savior
now he is no more
And I am without you,
like I was before
the way I used to be
what a weight upon your shoulders
that you dont need
my heart bleeds for me

Read your post, found and listened and 100% agree 

7 minutes ago, Creed said:

just heard perhaps so far and wow....this is god damn awful. even Brian Mays solo can't fix it. the whole album shows that Axl can't write choruses :( like wtf? did he really expect that fans and public will like this stuff? AFD and UYI are whole other worlds...

yesterday i listened to Madagascar. Actually its hit Material, but the mixing and orchestration is so god damn awful...that it just make you sad...

LOL ...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

He had all this great material but played the same setlist for years.

Partly why I've not bothered going to see the band since 2006. 

Had no interest in seeing them after Robin left. Ashba was a circus of a man.

Even with Slash & Duff back, you're paying silly money for something approaching cabaret.