Perhaps - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

They say that the 15 Disc have 250 songs, mostly instrumentals, but 50 full-on complete and with vocals! I guess we have a knew vault being opened out there!

I’ve heard that there are not that many songs with vocals. I’m just feeling greedy. I really want to hear an epic like TWAT, Prostitute, NR, Estranged, Coma, ect....I feel like epics are what Axl does better than anyone else on the planet. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Gonna go against the grain here, think the song is amazing and I love all Axl’s parts, but I don’t really think the solo fits the song. It seem like a kind of upbeat, happy solo, when the song seems the opposite to me. I think a darker solo, kind of like a lot of the solos in Slash’s Snakepit, would have been much better. Would loved to hear what Slash could have done with it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bansidhe said:

It's remarkable that although it's so obviously Brian May playing, it fits the song perfectly.

It's May's style, tone, and note choices. They all fit with Axl's voice. Probably second best fit from all the known players after Slash. Robin and Bucket were still brilliant choices though.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Watch Axl butcher the final version by removing Brian May's solo just like he did with CITR.

If Axl will actually release another album and include this song it is highly likely Slash will replace May's work. With the 3 tunes containing May it's clear the two share real musical chemistry. But we have all 3 songs with him now.

4 hours ago, Arnuld said:

I’ve heard that there are not that many songs with vocals. I’m just feeling greedy. I really want to hear an epic like TWAT, Prostitute, NR, Estranged, Coma, ect....I feel like epics are what Axl does better than anyone else on the planet. 

It is surprising that so far, they've all been fairly "standard" length. A lot of Axl stuff post-AFD has usually been longer. Esp when we're teased with "Atlas is an epic" etc.

3 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Watch Axl butcher the final version by removing Brian May's solo just like he did with CITR.

Yes but this time it won’t be terrible bumble solos. It will be Slash which will probably make this track even better. Either way we get both versions so win win. 

17 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I don't like the lyrics of Silkworms I think they're disgusting in a Slash's stupid af social media sort of way lol.

OMG is cool they should do a final version of that and Going Down(acoustic with Axl on vocals.) and final versions of Hard School, Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged and State of Grace+whatever else they have. The album will be awesome.

Judging just by those 6 only I'd do the tracklisting in this order:

1. OMG
2. State of Grace
3. Perhaps
4. Hard School
5. Going Down(acoustic with Axl on vocals)
6. Atlas Shrugged

Didn’t Axl allow the Going Down trademark to expire? Sounds like he wants nothing to do with that song anymore (which is a shame, cause it’s a song with a lot of potential).

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Didn’t Axl allow the Going Down trademark to expire? Sounds like he wants nothing to do with that song anymore (which is a shame, cause it’s a song with a lot of potential).

I always thought they would make it into a CD era 14 years with Tommy on lead and some beefed up Axl sections. But with Tommy out of the band it’s probably either an Axl only tune or will never see the light of day. 

1 minute ago, Arnuld said:

I always thought they would make it into a CD era 14 years with Tommy on lead and some beefed up Axl sections. But with Tommy out of the band it’s probably either an Axl only tune or will never see the light of day. 

I wouldn’t mind an Axl-Only version, if that’s what he wanted to do.

19 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Me either. It’s a very good song. Imagine if Slash and Duff reworked it...

Yeah could be great. I’d hope they’d at least give Tommy a “thank you” in the liner notes tho, wind ehe wrote the goddamn thing! :lol:

EDIT: just realized that having Axl/Slash/Duff do that song on their own probably wouldn’t work cause I’m fairly certain they’re gonna re-do and properly release AINT Going Down in a couple of years for the UYI anniversary (like they did with SoYL for the AFD anniversary)... maybe they can change the name of Tommy’s Going Down to Everything You Say or some shit.

Edited by rocknroll41

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

If anyone is interested, the chord progression (simplified) is something like this:

C - Ab - G - Bb (repeate several times)

F - G - Ab - Bb

Chorus:
C - A - Ab

Ahh thank you! I wish I could record and release some covers of the leaked songs but ya know, laws.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

18 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

If The General isn't on the next GnR album that will be such a disappointment

Most of these songs maintain a mythic status on this forum. People have been anticipating hearing Atlas Shrugged for years, believing it to be some incredible masterpiece. The General will probably be average

3 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Most of these songs maintain a mythic status on this forum. People have been anticipating hearing Atlas Shrugged for years, believing it to be some incredible masterpiece. The General will probably be average

I love Atlas & think it's fantastic ... The General will in no way be "average" .. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I love Atlas & think it's fantastic ... The General will in no way be "average" .. 

I have a personal connection to all of Axl’s work. I enjoy Atlas but the song was thought to be a masterpiece and that it is not. The General wasn’t on that CD from what I understand, so I doubt we will here it.