rocknroll41

Perhaps - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

41 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

they are all just demos.  I would love to hear all of them cleaned up in a studio.  

I know what you mean, but the thing is, this is great for a solo record, I would buy it, but it does not feel like GNR.

Chinese Democracy does not feel like GNR, it is a great album though.

But when I hear all these songs they all remind me of medium to good songs Radiohead, U2, or Coldplay (blargh!) made.

When it comes to all the Industrial approach, again, it is not dark or rough enough it is like when Axl sings "Slither":

GREAT SONG, GREAT BAND VR, GREAT BAND GNR, GREAT PLAYERS, GREAT SINGER... BUT IT DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT.

I always imagined Axl singing that song like It's So Easy, or at least singing By The Sword.

But, back to what I was saying, the songs are good, but they don't bring the GNR vibe of AFD, Lies, UYI, even the Snakepit albums.

It turned out to be WORLD MUSIC, POP MUSIC, not HARD BLUESY PUNK ROCK as it was.

If that's GNR in 2020, fine! But that's not GNR to me.

Edited by Legendador

7 minutes ago, Legendador said:

But, back to what I was saying, the songs are good, but they don't bring the GNR vibe of AFD, Lies, UYI, even the Snakepit albums.

I don't know that I'd even want something similar to AFD at this point. Nothing against it, just that the material that's leaking sounds much more intelligent and complex and that appeals to my need for diversity in the music I listen to. I'll take a musically diverse (within reason) Guns album over another Appetite any day. 

To each their own though ;)

• Like 3

Does anyone know how many more of these songs have full vocals? I’m just curious because a few listed are longer (6minish). Wondering if there is an unheard Axl proto-epic lurking on these discs....

Perhaps I was wrong
When I didn't see you
Haaay haaay
Perhaps I was wrong
Haaaaay
When I don't believe you
But I wanna know how it feels
What it is to be you
I've been so upset
Harbouring this hate for days

My sense of rejection 
Haaay haaay
Is no excuse for my behaviour 
Haaaaay
You pulled the gun 
Haaay haaay
That shot and crucified my saviour

Now he is no more
And I am without you
Just like I was before
The way I used to be
What a weight upon your shoulders
That you don't need
My heart beats (?bleeds?) for me

?....broken wall (?Burning war?) 
You're all alone now
You forgot about the others you were begging for 
You're all alone
So talk to the ones that you once ignored
You're all alone 
Used to be a little crazy now there's so much more 
You're all alone 

Ooooooh

Perhaps I was wrong
Hay haaaay
When I didn't see you
Haaay haaay
Perhaps I was wrong
Haaaaay
When I don't believe you
What it is to be you
I've been so upset
That you don't need

?....broken wall (?Burning War?) 
You're all alone now 
You're all alone
You're all alone now 
You're all alone 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Brian May is great! Love the piano parts.

How much of a Lennon fan was Axl? This ome is deffo about Chapman shooting him.

33 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Does anyone know how many more of these songs have full vocals? I’m just curious because a few listed are longer (6minish). Wondering if there is an unheard Axl proto-epic lurking on these discs....

They say that the 15 Disc have 250 songs, mostly instrumentals, but 50 full-on complete and with vocals! I guess we have a knew vault being opened out there!

2 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

Anyone has the lyrics on this?

lyrics on pg 11.
my interpretation anyway :)

they MAY be partially inaccurate..

Edited by ASLayerAODsk
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pskihq92 said:

Perhaps I was wrong
When I didn't see you
Haaay haaay
Perhaps I was wrong
Haaaaay
When I don't believe you
What it is to be you
I've been so upset

My sense of rejection 
Haaay haaay
Is no excuse for my behaviour 
Haaaaay
You pulled the gun 
Haaay haaay
That shot and crucified my saviour

Now he is no more
And I am without you
Just like I was before
The way I used to be
That you don't need

?....broken wall (?Burning war?) 
You're all alone now
You're all alone
You're all alone 
You're all alone 

Ooooooh

Perhaps I was wrong
Hay haaaay
When I didn't see you
Haaay haaay
Perhaps I was wrong
Haaaaay
When I don't believe you
What it is to be you
I've been so upset
That you don't need

?....broken wall (?Burning War?) 
You're all alone now 
You're all alone
You're all alone now 
You're all alone 

I think you got the chorus correct, i was still questioning my ears last night :)

So now we have 2 Brian May songs, both about John Lennon and the events surrounding his demise...wasn't there 3 of them mentioned at one time?

I feel like the Lennon thing is more a cultural/psychological point of interest for Axl rather than any sign of significant influence from Lennon specifically. It's not hard to imagine Axl seeing himself in Lennon (not that the comparison is objectively apt, but it is easy to see Axl finding it so).

11 minutes ago, ASLayerAODsk said:

So now we have 2 Brian May songs, both about John Lennon and the events surrounding his demise...wasn't there 3 of them mentioned at one time?

Atlas.

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

They say that the 15 Disc have 250 songs, mostly instrumentals, but 50 full-on complete and with vocals! I guess we have a knew vault being opened out there!

I’ve heard that there are not that many songs with vocals. I’m just feeling greedy. I really want to hear an epic like TWAT, Prostitute, NR, Estranged, Coma, ect....I feel like epics are what Axl does better than anyone else on the planet. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Gonna go against the grain here, think the song is amazing and I love all Axl’s parts, but I don’t really think the solo fits the song. It seem like a kind of upbeat, happy solo, when the song seems the opposite to me. I think a darker solo, kind of like a lot of the solos in Slash’s Snakepit, would have been much better. Would loved to hear what Slash could have done with it.

• Like 1

If whoever is leaking these songs sees this or if someone knows this person/people please express to them the gratitude that most of us have for this.

i actually like getting the clips then the full songs. Makes it exciting. Thank you again very much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Bansidhe said:

It's remarkable that although it's so obviously Brian May playing, it fits the song perfectly.

It's May's style, tone, and note choices. They all fit with Axl's voice. Probably second best fit from all the known players after Slash. Robin and Bucket were still brilliant choices though.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Watch Axl butcher the final version by removing Brian May's solo just like he did with CITR.

If Axl will actually release another album and include this song it is highly likely Slash will replace May's work. With the 3 tunes containing May it's clear the two share real musical chemistry. But we have all 3 songs with him now.

I can so hear Duff and Mel singing the "You're all alone now" part on backing vocals.

How would Axl react if we tweet him something like: "Perhaps" the "state of grace" of some "HardSchool" songs just "Shrugged the Atlas" of some cds and leaked online 

Bad pun, but would he care or actually read it at least

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Arnuld said:

I’ve heard that there are not that many songs with vocals. I’m just feeling greedy. I really want to hear an epic like TWAT, Prostitute, NR, Estranged, Coma, ect....I feel like epics are what Axl does better than anyone else on the planet. 

It is surprising that so far, they've all been fairly "standard" length. A lot of Axl stuff post-AFD has usually been longer. Esp when we're teased with "Atlas is an epic" etc.

Ok .... So the "Haaay haaay" vocals and the way the song seemingly ends after the solo to an almost total fade out and that piano riff kicks in are now both some of my favorite musical moments from this band! :headbang::axl92:

Edited by 2020_Intensions
  • GNFNR 2

3 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Watch Axl butcher the final version by removing Brian May's solo just like he did with CITR.

Yes but this time it won’t be terrible bumble solos. It will be Slash which will probably make this track even better. Either way we get both versions so win win.