Perhaps - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I have a personal connection to all of Axl’s work. I enjoy Atlas but the song was thought to be a masterpiece and that it is not. The General wasn’t on that CD from what I understand, so I doubt we will here it.

What does the "locker" contents have to do with what I said? I said "the next GNR album" ... ??

12 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

What does the "locker" contents have to do with what I said? I said "the next GNR album" ... ??

It’s the leaks thread. I don’t see Slash re-recording another guitar players parts. I just listened to the phone clip of The General for the first time. It does sound pretty fucking mean. 

1 minute ago, GNRmello77 said:

I have heard the song a 5 times more now and I really love it, for me this is the best one so far. I enjoy the song very much there is a lot of feelings in it!

I think I’m on 15. Addicted! For me at least, these are the types of songs that just remind you why we are (super)fans. Am I right?? 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Sorry, but I still cannot get over that piano riff. Perfect at the beginning and perfect AGAIN in the middle. 

I think my only real problem with this song is that the first and second half are virtually the same thing- no new lyrics, just a filter one on line in the second half. Doesn’t bother me that much though, from an artistic point of view it hits me stronger hearing the first half and then the second half back to back personally. Still one of my favorite guns songs tbh.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Trin9498 said:

Agreed. That’s what makes the song in my opinion. This could’ve been on use your illusion 2. This is as GNR as it gets. 

If feel like it could've gone on UYI I as a balance to Breakdown being on UYI II. 

Either way, I sure wish it was on ANY GNR album so that we could pay them for it :/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Sorry, but I still cannot get over that piano riff. Perfect at the beginning and perfect AGAIN in the middle. 

So I discovered a youtuber last night who covered a bunch of ChiDem material ... One was "Blood in the Water" and I SWEAR I can hear Perhaps' piano riff in it .... really freaking me out because it just leaked & this video is from January 

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

So I discovered a youtuber last night who covered a bunch of ChiDem material ... One was "Blood in the Water" and I SWEAR I can hear Perhaps' piano riff in it .... really freaking me out because it just leaked & this video is from January 

Whoa... Just from what I remember of Blood In The Water, I can see what you're talking about. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Yeee BOY i'm also very enthousiastic about it, I aproach the song more as an Axl song tho than a GN'R song cause I wouldn't place it on CD or the previous albums but it is some genius work by the man

I think this along with State of grace are the two stand outs so far from the leaks. I'd love to hear both make a new album. 

State of grace is my favourite by a country mile, but Perhaps is quite cool. Both songs should have been on the album, or at the very least they should have been ear marked for the follow up release.

16 minutes ago, coolio GNR said:

All of these leaks are just meh. They don't really stand out.

I was right there with you up until State of grace. I was thinking "If this is what Axl has in the vaults, we may be in trouble", glad to hear something I actually want to hear again, or hear fleshed out. 

Perhaps is also good, but it would do with some more tweaks, not a big fan of how the vocal enters for example although I like the overall vocal on this and State of grace more than any of the other vocals on the other leaks.

• Like 1