rocknroll41

Perhaps - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

17 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I don't like the lyrics of Silkworms I think they're disgusting in a Slash's stupid af social media sort of way lol.

OMG is cool they should do a final version of that and Going Down(acoustic with Axl on vocals.) and final versions of Hard School, Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged and State of Grace+whatever else they have. The album will be awesome.

Judging just by those 6 only I'd do the tracklisting in this order:

1. OMG
2. State of Grace
3. Perhaps
4. Hard School
5. Going Down(acoustic with Axl on vocals)
6. Atlas Shrugged

Didn’t Axl allow the Going Down trademark to expire? Sounds like he wants nothing to do with that song anymore (which is a shame, cause it’s a song with a lot of potential).

• Sad 1

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Didn’t Axl allow the Going Down trademark to expire? Sounds like he wants nothing to do with that song anymore (which is a shame, cause it’s a song with a lot of potential).

I always thought they would make it into a CD era 14 years with Tommy on lead and some beefed up Axl sections. But with Tommy out of the band it’s probably either an Axl only tune or will never see the light of day. 

1 minute ago, Arnuld said:

I always thought they would make it into a CD era 14 years with Tommy on lead and some beefed up Axl sections. But with Tommy out of the band it’s probably either an Axl only tune or will never see the light of day. 

I wouldn’t mind an Axl-Only version, if that’s what he wanted to do.

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

I wouldn’t mind an Axl-Only version, if that’s what he wanted to do.

Me either. It’s a very good song. Imagine if Slash and Duff reworked it...

19 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Me either. It’s a very good song. Imagine if Slash and Duff reworked it...

Yeah could be great. I’d hope they’d at least give Tommy a “thank you” in the liner notes tho, wind ehe wrote the goddamn thing! :lol:

EDIT: just realized that having Axl/Slash/Duff do that song on their own probably wouldn’t work cause I’m fairly certain they’re gonna re-do and properly release AINT Going Down in a couple of years for the UYI anniversary (like they did with SoYL for the AFD anniversary)... maybe they can change the name of Tommy’s Going Down to Everything You Say or some shit.

Edited by rocknroll41

Am I the only one who would like Axl to intro this song this way live? 

"Perhaps... A little bit of.... Perhaps for youuu.... Maybe" 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That’d be perfect, actually! :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

If anyone is interested, the chord progression (simplified) is something like this:

C - Ab - G - Bb (repeate several times)

F - G - Ab - Bb

Chorus:
C - A - Ab

Ahh thank you! I wish I could record and release some covers of the leaked songs but ya know, laws.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Ahh thank you! I wish I could record and release some covers of the leaked songs but ya know, laws.

Wait, I cant? :smiley-confused2:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

If The General isn't on the next GnR album that will be such a disappointment

Most of these songs maintain a mythic status on this forum. People have been anticipating hearing Atlas Shrugged for years, believing it to be some incredible masterpiece. The General will probably be average

3 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Most of these songs maintain a mythic status on this forum. People have been anticipating hearing Atlas Shrugged for years, believing it to be some incredible masterpiece. The General will probably be average

I love Atlas & think it's fantastic ... The General will in no way be "average" .. 

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I love Atlas & think it's fantastic ... The General will in no way be "average" .. 

I have a personal connection to all of Axl’s work. I enjoy Atlas but the song was thought to be a masterpiece and that it is not. The General wasn’t on that CD from what I understand, so I doubt we will here it.

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I have a personal connection to all of Axl’s work. I enjoy Atlas but the song was thought to be a masterpiece and that it is not. The General wasn’t on that CD from what I understand, so I doubt we will here it.

What does the "locker" contents have to do with what I said? I said "the next GNR album" ... ??

12 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

What does the "locker" contents have to do with what I said? I said "the next GNR album" ... ??

It’s the leaks thread. I don’t see Slash re-recording another guitar players parts. I just listened to the phone clip of The General for the first time. It does sound pretty fucking mean. 

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Wait, I cant? :smiley-confused2:

There's some guy named Gonzaloc that has been covering unreleased Aerosmith songs he heard privately, for years, on youtube. You could give it a try

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Had my dad and a couple of friends listen to Perhaps, all three of them really dug the track. Really think this song could have been big back in the day.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

"Perhaps you heard this one on internet..."

*Starts piano*

I have heard the song a 5 times more now and I really love it, for me this is the best one so far. I enjoy the song very much there is a lot of feelings in it!

18 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Yes but this time it won’t be terrible bumble solos. It will be Slash which will probably make this track even better. Either way we get both versions so win win. 

Let's face it seems very unlikely we will hear a new guns record anytime soon

1 minute ago, GNRmello77 said:

I have heard the song a 5 times more now and I really love it, for me this is the best one so far. I enjoy the song very much there is a lot of feelings in it!

I think I’m on 15. Addicted! For me at least, these are the types of songs that just remind you why we are (super)fans. Am I right?? 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Sorry, but I still cannot get over that piano riff. Perfect at the beginning and perfect AGAIN in the middle. 

Agreed. That’s what makes the song in my opinion. This could’ve been on use your illusion 2. This is as GNR as it gets. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Sorry, but I still cannot get over that piano riff. Perfect at the beginning and perfect AGAIN in the middle. 

I think my only real problem with this song is that the first and second half are virtually the same thing- no new lyrics, just a filter one on line in the second half. Doesn’t bother me that much though, from an artistic point of view it hits me stronger hearing the first half and then the second half back to back personally. Still one of my favorite guns songs tbh.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1