rocknroll41

Perhaps - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Just now, Trin9498 said:

Agreed. That’s what makes the song in my opinion. This could’ve been on use your illusion 2. This is as GNR as it gets. 

If feel like it could've gone on UYI I as a balance to Breakdown being on UYI II. 

Either way, I sure wish it was on ANY GNR album so that we could pay them for it :/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Sorry, but I still cannot get over that piano riff. Perfect at the beginning and perfect AGAIN in the middle. 

So I discovered a youtuber last night who covered a bunch of ChiDem material ... One was "Blood in the Water" and I SWEAR I can hear Perhaps' piano riff in it .... really freaking me out because it just leaked & this video is from January 

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

So I discovered a youtuber last night who covered a bunch of ChiDem material ... One was "Blood in the Water" and I SWEAR I can hear Perhaps' piano riff in it .... really freaking me out because it just leaked & this video is from January 

Whoa... Just from what I remember of Blood In The Water, I can see what you're talking about. 

45 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If feel like it could've gone on UYI I as a balance to Breakdown being on UYI II. 

Either way, I sure wish it was on ANY GNR album so that we could pay them for it :/

Funny. I think of breakdown too when I hear this. Totally the piano....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Sorry, but I still cannot get over that piano riff. Perfect at the beginning and perfect AGAIN in the middle. 

Yeee BOY i'm also very enthousiastic about it, I aproach the song more as an Axl song tho than a GN'R song cause I wouldn't place it on CD or the previous albums but it is some genius work by the man

1 hour ago, twainwreck88 said:

I think I’m on 15. Addicted! For me at least, these are the types of songs that just remind you why we are (super)fans. Am I right?? 

Oh yes you are very right, this is Axl pure doing exactly what he is good at

Played the song a few times this morning, it's such a fucking earworm.  The piano intro, chorus, and verses just stick with you.

• GNFNR 2

Really don't like the chorus of this one. The verses and solo are great though. Hopefully a later version has more lyrics. 

Edited by Jw224

I think this along with State of grace are the two stand outs so far from the leaks. I'd love to hear both make a new album. 

State of grace is my favourite by a country mile, but Perhaps is quite cool. Both songs should have been on the album, or at the very least they should have been ear marked for the follow up release.

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I keep expecting to hear it one more time at the end. Perhaps in a later version...?

• Like 1

On 2019-09-13 at 10:09 PM, TheSeeker said:

Sorry but where are we hearing Atlas here?

Edited by loosecannon3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, coolio GNR said:

All of these leaks are just meh. They don't really stand out.

I was right there with you up until State of grace. I was thinking "If this is what Axl has in the vaults, we may be in trouble", glad to hear something I actually want to hear again, or hear fleshed out. 

Perhaps is also good, but it would do with some more tweaks, not a big fan of how the vocal enters for example although I like the overall vocal on this and State of grace more than any of the other vocals on the other leaks.

• Like 1

For just a 3 minute track, its pretty interesting

The lyrics are a little silly but I appreciate them because it sounds like honest Axl. The verse melodies are very early 2000s pop, but it sounds cool with the little piano intro and lead guitar lines. The chorus is classic Axl and heavy as hell and then the solo is great. I also dig that its Verse/Chorus/bridge/Verse/Chorus. Its to the point but also a little different in terms of structure. Sorry's structure is similar with only one chorus before the bridge.

I think this is an awesome GNR song and what I want from unheard material. A finished version would be great

Crazy that this and State of Grace didn't exist to us a few months ago

I think this song could be a great hit if they polish it up, keep Brian and give Slash a solo on the end.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:37 AM, Pskihq92 said:

?....broken wall (?Burning war?) 
You're all alone now
You forgot about the others you were begging for 
You're all alone
So talk to the ones that you once ignored
You're all alone 
Used to be a little crazy now there's so much more 
You're all alone 

This is how i hear the chorus:

"I got a lot more than i bargained for 
You're all alone now
You're all alone
You're all alone now
You used to be a little crazy now there's so much more 
You're all alone"

There is a third set of vocals over the chorus, but i can't make them out.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

I love Axls singing here...specially the hey heys (I think they show Axl still wants to be himself haha)

That solo doesnt fit...get Slash there and we’ll have a GREAT song

14 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I think this song could be a great hit if they polish it up, keep Brian and give Slash a solo on the end.

This is how i hear the chorus:

"I got a lot more than i bargained for 
You're all alone now
You're all alone
You're all alone 
You used to be a little crazy now there's so much more 
You're all alone"

There is a third set of vocals over the chorus, but i can't make them out.

"save me" 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

"save me" 

Thanks.

Also, that split second cut at 1:34 during the first chorus seems to cut out 'now' in the third 'you're all alone' line. Does anyone else notice the same? Maybe i'm just hearing shit.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

12 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

For just a 3 minute track, its pretty interesting

The lyrics are a little silly but I appreciate them because it sounds like honest Axl. The verse melodies are very early 2000s pop, but it sounds cool with the little piano intro and lead guitar lines. The chorus is classic Axl and heavy as hell and then the solo is great. I also dig that its Verse/Chorus/bridge/Verse/Chorus. Its to the point but also a little different in terms of structure. Sorry's structure is similar with only one chorus before the bridge.

I think this is an awesome GNR song and what I want from unheard material. A finished version would be great

Crazy that this and State of Grace didn't exist to us a few months ago

I agree about the early 2000s pop being in the verses.  I said this in an earlier post, and hate to say it, but reminds me of N'sync or Backstreet Boys.  I'm also getting a little Eminem in the chorus.  Wish it didn't because I love the tone axl sings in and I think the chorus is cool.  My ranking of the leaks  is SOG>Atlas>Perhaps>Hardschool>Going Down>Silkoworms

Edited by dogman

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

One thing that I do, that my wife absolutely LOVES, is that I say "ITDONREALLYMATTA" if she ever happens to say anything close to the phrase "it doesn't matter". 

Going forward, any time she says the word perhaps, I plan to step up my game and say "PERHAPSIWASWROOOONG" loudly. 

I feel confident that she's going to enjoy it just as much as she's enjoyed the Chinese Democracy reference for the past 15 years or so :)

You see if my Wife ever talks to me the first think I have to ask is how she escaped the kitchen?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My wife puts up with A LOT from me lol. I converted an entire level of our house to a music listening area / arcade / bar and she put up with it. She's seen GN'R in like 5 states, including about half a dozen times in 2011 (the worst of all GN'R tours). She deals with my total obsession with music and often re-works our finances so I can buy whatever ridiculous boxed set I feel I need next. The list goes on and on.

Having said all of that, if I even remotely suggested that she get back in the kitchen, she would slap me so hard I'd start thinking Silkworms is a good song! :lol:

She must have a strong slap! :lol: and a strong will... the 2011 tour? :lol:

• Haha 1