Perhaps - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

For just a 3 minute track, its pretty interesting

The lyrics are a little silly but I appreciate them because it sounds like honest Axl. The verse melodies are very early 2000s pop, but it sounds cool with the little piano intro and lead guitar lines. The chorus is classic Axl and heavy as hell and then the solo is great. I also dig that its Verse/Chorus/bridge/Verse/Chorus. Its to the point but also a little different in terms of structure. Sorry's structure is similar with only one chorus before the bridge.

I think this is an awesome GNR song and what I want from unheard material. A finished version would be great

Crazy that this and State of Grace didn't exist to us a few months ago

I think this song could be a great hit if they polish it up, keep Brian and give Slash a solo on the end.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:37 AM, Pskihq92 said:

?....broken wall (?Burning war?) 
You're all alone now
You forgot about the others you were begging for 
You're all alone
So talk to the ones that you once ignored
You're all alone 
Used to be a little crazy now there's so much more 
You're all alone 

This is how i hear the chorus:

"I got a lot more than i bargained for 
You're all alone now
You're all alone
You're all alone now
You used to be a little crazy now there's so much more 
You're all alone"

There is a third set of vocals over the chorus, but i can't make them out.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

14 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I think this song could be a great hit if they polish it up, keep Brian and give Slash a solo on the end.

This is how i hear the chorus:

"I got a lot more than i bargained for 
You're all alone now
You're all alone
You're all alone 
You used to be a little crazy now there's so much more 
You're all alone"

There is a third set of vocals over the chorus, but i can't make them out.

"save me" 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

The lyrics are a little silly but I appreciate them because it sounds like honest Axl. The verse melodies are very early 2000s pop, but it sounds cool with the little piano intro and lead guitar lines. The chorus is classic Axl and heavy as hell and then the solo is great. I also dig that its Verse/Chorus/bridge/Verse/Chorus. Its to the point but also a little different in terms of structure. Sorry's structure is similar with only one chorus before the bridge.

I think this is an awesome GNR song and what I want from unheard material. A finished version would be great

I agree about the early 2000s pop being in the verses.  I said this in an earlier post, and hate to say it, but reminds me of N'sync or Backstreet Boys.  I'm also getting a little Eminem in the chorus.  Wish it didn't because I love the tone axl sings in and I think the chorus is cool.  My ranking of the leaks  is SOG>Atlas>Perhaps>Hardschool>Going Down>Silkoworms

Edited by dogman

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My wife puts up with A LOT from me lol. I converted an entire level of our house to a music listening area / arcade / bar and she put up with it. She's seen GN'R in like 5 states, including about half a dozen times in 2011 (the worst of all GN'R tours). She deals with my total obsession with music and often re-works our finances so I can buy whatever ridiculous boxed set I feel I need next. The list goes on and on.

Having said all of that, if I even remotely suggested that she get back in the kitchen, she would slap me so hard I'd start thinking Silkworms is a good song! :lol:

She must have a strong slap! :lol: and a strong will... the 2011 tour? :lol:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Actually it's : verse, bridge, verse, bridge, chorus

3 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I've listened to this song so many goddamn times since Friday it's ridiculous. This song is just so infectious to me, been a long time since a song has struck a chord with me like this. 

It has to be one of the best songs we know of in Guns N' Roses' unreleased catalogue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

This song is a great example of why I'm such a fan of Axl's voice. He uses it in so many different ways and this song has another version of Axl voice that we've never heard before. This is why he's a genius. How many other singers have so many different voices? I can't recall even one.

Mike Patton is a freak of nature

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 2

17 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My wife puts up with A LOT from me lol. I converted an entire level of our house to a music listening area / arcade / bar and she put up with it. She's seen GN'R in like 5 states, including about half a dozen times in 2011 (the worst of all GN'R tours). She deals with my total obsession with music and often re-works our finances so I can buy whatever ridiculous boxed set I feel I need next. The list goes on and on.

Having said all of that, if I even remotely suggested that she get back in the kitchen, she would slap me so hard I'd start thinking Silkworms is a good song! :lol:

She sounds amazing, with a strong pimp hand to boot!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

Yes make this longer

The voxophone effect i think that's what it is called should be longer too

This is interesting I like it and that bass is very cool

It could end up being longer, if ever released.

Don't forget that IRS for one, was slightly extended compared to the demos.

17 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'd be totally fine with music area, arcade and bar. We don't have a basement (British) but the entirety of our garage is filled with motorbikes, pieces of motorbikes and oily rags. Your wife is winning I reckon. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

First time hearing this on headphones, the guitars sounded more like Finck than May. a little more TWAT than Catcher, I don't know.  Are we sure this is Brian?

A huge fan of this era, but, this song?  I don't know...this song, like seemingly so much of the CD stuff, has some very cool components that never really coalesce.  Yes, a tight mix and professional mastering sheen would help, but, this one just meanders.  Never really gets to the next level for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oneway23 said:

First time hearing this on headphones, the guitars sounded more like Finck than May. a little more TWAT than Catcher, I don't know.  Are we sure this is Brian?

No, we're not sure. I too believe now it's Robin. 

I sent the track to some Queen fans and they all thought it wasnt Brian: http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1567328/brian-mays-solos-with-guns-n-roses.aspx?anchor=1567461

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1