rocknroll41

Perhaps - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

I would love to hear Perhaps extended by another minute or so. The chorus around “you’re all alone” is too sweet to hear just twice, I’m always wishing for more at the end.

Yes make this longer

The voxophone effect i think that's what it is called should be longer too

This is interesting I like it and that bass is very cool

22 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

For just a 3 minute track, its pretty interesting

The lyrics are a little silly but I appreciate them because it sounds like honest Axl. The verse melodies are very early 2000s pop, but it sounds cool with the little piano intro and lead guitar lines. The chorus is classic Axl and heavy as hell and then the solo is great. I also dig that its Verse/Chorus/bridge/Verse/Chorus. Its to the point but also a little different in terms of structure. Sorry's structure is similar with only one chorus before the bridge.

I think this is an awesome GNR song and what I want from unheard material. A finished version would be great

Crazy that this and State of Grace didn't exist to us a few months ago

Actually it's : verse, bridge, verse, bridge, chorus

I've listened to this song so many goddamn times since Friday it's ridiculous. This song is just so infectious to me, been a long time since a song has struck a chord with me like this. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I've listened to this song so many goddamn times since Friday it's ridiculous. This song is just so infectious to me, been a long time since a song has struck a chord with me like this. 

It has to be one of the best songs we know of in Guns N' Roses' unreleased catalogue.

• Like 1

This song is a great example of why I'm such a fan of Axl's voice. He uses it in so many different ways and this song has another version of Axl voice that we've never heard before. This is why he's a genius. How many other singers have so many different voices? I can't recall even one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

This song is a great example of why I'm such a fan of Axl's voice. He uses it in so many different ways and this song has another version of Axl voice that we've never heard before. This is why he's a genius. How many other singers have so many different voices? I can't recall even one.

Mike Patton is a freak of nature

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 2

17 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My wife puts up with A LOT from me lol. I converted an entire level of our house to a music listening area / arcade / bar and she put up with it. She's seen GN'R in like 5 states, including about half a dozen times in 2011 (the worst of all GN'R tours). She deals with my total obsession with music and often re-works our finances so I can buy whatever ridiculous boxed set I feel I need next. The list goes on and on.

Having said all of that, if I even remotely suggested that she get back in the kitchen, she would slap me so hard I'd start thinking Silkworms is a good song! :lol:

She sounds amazing, with a strong pimp hand to boot!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

Yes make this longer

The voxophone effect i think that's what it is called should be longer too

This is interesting I like it and that bass is very cool

It could end up being longer, if ever released.

Don't forget that IRS for one, was slightly extended compared to the demos.

17 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My wife puts up with A LOT from me lol. I converted an entire level of our house to a music listening area / arcade / bar and she put up with it. She's seen GN'R in like 5 states, including about half a dozen times in 2011 (the worst of all GN'R tours). She deals with my total obsession with music and often re-works our finances so I can buy whatever ridiculous boxed set I feel I need next. The list goes on and on.

Having said all of that, if I even remotely suggested that she get back in the kitchen, she would slap me so hard I'd start thinking Silkworms is a good song! :lol:

I'd be totally fine with music area, arcade and bar. We don't have a basement (British) but the entirety of our garage is filled with motorbikes, pieces of motorbikes and oily rags. Your wife is winning I reckon. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

First time hearing this on headphones, the guitars sounded more like Finck than May. a little more TWAT than Catcher, I don't know.  Are we sure this is Brian?

A huge fan of this era, but, this song?  I don't know...this song, like seemingly so much of the CD stuff, has some very cool components that never really coalesce.  Yes, a tight mix and professional mastering sheen would help, but, this one just meanders.  Never really gets to the next level for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oneway23 said:

First time hearing this on headphones, the guitars sounded more like Finck than May. a little more TWAT than Catcher, I don't know.  Are we sure this is Brian?

No, we're not sure. I too believe now it's Robin. 

I sent the track to some Queen fans and they all thought it wasnt Brian: http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1567328/brian-mays-solos-with-guns-n-roses.aspx?anchor=1567461

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keep it at 3 minutes. The length is perfect. A compact mid tempo epic is needed. There are already long enough epics.

If it keeps you wanting more, then it's done its job.

Edited by yoshimura
  • Like 1

Why do you think that we never heard of this song? Is there a reason Catcher and Atlas got marquee billing in the years of rumor and innuendo?

I think it's because this song, more than any other song, feels like a part of another album - possibly the earliest version of Chinese Democracy. Call it 2000 Intentions.

This is what I always imagined Chinese would sound like after I bought the End Of Days soundtrack and obsessed about a new Guns N' Roses.

It has that cold, clinical feel to it with lots of dramatic turns and orchestration. The fidelity is LOW, further suggesting this track was one that came from the dinosaur ages of the late nineties. It's surprisingly strong, because any number of the leaks we got had definite weaknesses in terms of song quality and presentation - I am quite surprised at how much works here for a song nobody ever bigged up.

But yeah, the vibe of this song is very different from almost anything but TWAT. It sounds like a direction Axl pursued, then abandoned. 

I love the "hey heys", they're just so Axl...

I'd like the last "used to be a little crazy now there's so much more" to be "used to be a little crazy now there's so much moooouuuuuuooooreeeeee" hahahaha I can't get enough of Axl, I'm sorry guys

Edited by Alejandro GNR

The "hey heys" are everything. The piano "riff" and the "you're all alone part." I love Axl Rose. To quote Chuck Klosterman's review of Chinese Democracy, "The final truth is this: [Axl] makes the best songs. They sound the way I want songs to sound."

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

I find it funny how the majority of people here don’t talk highly of Robin’s playing, and there’s a solo on this song people can’t decide is Brian May (one of indisputable guitar legends) or Robin. Let that sink in for a second.

I actually think it’s Finck.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I find it funny how the majority of people here don’t talk highly of Robin’s playing, and there’s a solo on this song people can’t decide is Brian May (one of indisputable guitar legends) or Robin. Let that sink in for a second.

Well in Brian Mays defence people are stupid,

I think the last four leaks of unknown songs let us know new music will be great.

Some may like these songs more than others, but Axl still is GnR best song writter by far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I've actually had the same impression, the solo has an almost identical tone to Robin's solo in Catcher.

• GNFNR 1