Perhaps - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

I have changed my stance on being anti-throw Slash and Duff on CD leftovers. ABSOLUTELY DO THAT

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

I can so imagine Slash throwing down some killer blues riffs on the verses to SOG and kickass leads to Perhaps

For sure! Give me CD 'leftovers' all day. It would be a shame to lose the Brian May solo though. Sog would really work with Slash

11 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

It’s crazy isn’t it? It’s as good as Better.

Hearing this song for the first time tonight, this is the first time I've felt like this about a GN'R song since the full version of Better first leaked in 2006. Getting the full Hard School was incredibly fulfilling, Atlas has grown on me a lot, and State Of Grace is great. But this - this is fucking killer. 

3 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

I have changed my stance on being anti-throw Slash and Duff on CD leftovers. ABSOLUTELY DO THAT

I don't want Slash anywhere near any of Brian May's work - that should stay as it is. 

2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Hearing this song for the first time tonight, this is the first time I've felt like this about a GN'R song since the full version of Better first leaked in 2006. Getting the full Hard School was incredibly fulfilling, Atlas has grown on me a lot, and State Of Grace is great. But this - this is fucking killer. 

I don't want Slash anywhere near any of Brian May's work - that should stay as it is. 

This track is/was absolutely a secret weapon.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, ChrisMaciel said:

I may be the only one here that don’t like this song. 

And i really think it has no UYI vibe at all

Axl's "hay hay" thing in it is SO Estranged to me, and the piano and the whole vibe just sounds like something that could fit on UYI2 to me.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Totally agree, we keep the Brian May bits, but throw Slash and Duff on the rest. Hell, Richard can keep rhythm duties. And while I'm in fantasy land GIVE ME THE JOSH FREESE DRUMS BACK

7 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:
11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I just listened to Perhaps again and I agreed with you until I started State of Grace again. 

State of Grace is great, but Perhaps hits that epic and nostalgia spot. At the end of the day, we’re so lucky that we are getting these leaks given that Axl sat on his thumbs for two decades. 

nuGNR proved to me that Axl is gifted with melodies but lacks sleaziness in his songwriting. That's where the rest of the original band came in handy.
CD is not riff based and perhaps the current line up can bring the sleaze back to songs like SOG & Perhaps.

I join @RussTCB though, SOG is blues based. The VERY thing CD needed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

To bad i don't have any weed right now....Although i don't think it  could make any higher i am right now after listening to this song 50 times right now

I’m about to hit my vape pen and go through all these fuckers again. ☺️

9 minutes ago, ChrisMaciel said:

I may be the only one here that don’t like this song. 

And i really think it has no UYI vibe at all

It took 8 pages of discussion for a single member to say they didn't like the song. I think that's a MyGNR record for leak discussion threads :lol: 

8 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

This track is/was absolutely a secret weapon.

It's the definition of these mythical "big guns". It just happens to be one we never knew about.