Perhaps - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

It's difficult to evaluate Pressure since State of Grace was "released" the same day.  For me the ideas behind State of Grace are stronger.  It builds.  

The instrumentals in Perhaps are great.  Really like the guitar and piano work.  The chorus has a nice feverish pitch and tempo to it.  

The rest is kind of meh for me.  I really don't like the "hey, hey, heys" between versus lines.  The melody just kind of meanders and doesn't really grab me.  

As I was discussing with some of the admin/mod staff, it's not a bad song, but if this were on the Illusions albums it would have been a skip most of the time.  

But again, perhaps I'm not giving it a fair shake because State of Grace speaks to what I like in songwriting.  Catchy hooks and songs that build.   

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

PERHAPS, 2000-03-27, Rough Mixes CD #1, 3:56

The leak is 3:51, so we are probably missing 4 or 5 secs of the piano intro.

The leaker seems to have made cuts. One for sure was made during the first chorus, at about 1:34, but it is less than a second. Why? I couldn't tell ya.

A second cut could have been made at the beginning of the solo section, but I can't be sure without looking at it with a magnifying glass.

I suspect the other missing time is likely fade out at the end, or dead space at the beginning. Could be wrong, but the start and finish sounds were awfully close to 0:00 and the very end.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, evader said:

The leaker seems to have made cuts. One for sure was made during the first chorus, at about 1:34, but it is less than a second. Why? I couldn't tell ya.

A second cut could have been made at the beginning of the solo section, but I can't be sure without looking at it with a magnifying glass.

I suspect the other missing time is likely fade out at the end, or dead space at the beginning. Could be wrong, but the start and finish sounds were awfully close to 0:00 and the very end.

I was just signing your praises on the A4D podcast that got released today :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, downzy said:

It's difficult to evaluate Pressure since State of Grace was "released" the same day.  For me the ideas behind State of Grace are stronger.  It builds.  

The instrumentals in Perhaps are great.  Really like the guitar and piano work.  The chorus has a nice feverish pitch and tempo to it.  

The rest is kind of meh for me.  I really don't like the "hey, hey, heys" between versus lines.  The melody just kind of meanders and doesn't really grab me.  

As I was discussing with some of the admin/mod staff, it's not a bad song, but if this were on the Illusions albums it would have been a skip most of the time.  

But again, perhaps I'm not giving it a fair shake because State of Grace speaks to what I like in songwriting.  Catchy hooks and songs that build.   

For me, State of Grace is a skip easy. I did not like any of it really. Perhaps just has the epic feel to it. with some minor tweaks, this could be a major it. Hard school still takes the crown

• Like 1

Just now, djones1225 said:

Honestly Axl should've worked with Brian May, or had Brian May join GNR

Can't recall exact quotes but I remember seeing May talk about it years ago in an interview. Axl really wanted him to be involved long term but Brian didn't want to be involved any more than contributing to a few tracks.

Anyone else hear the "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" similarities?

It's crazy that we've now confirmed that Axl has played "This I Love", "Atlas Shrugged" and "Prostitute" as November Rain intros - maybe he's been playing "Perhaps" for the past few years and we all just assumed it was "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"?

1 hour ago, Bansidhe said:

It's remarkable that although it's so obviously Brian May playing, it fits the song perfectly.

This is the thing I've always said about Queen. You listen to pretty much any song, the guitar work and especially the solo is perfectly suited for the song, every time. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, axlsalinger said:

This is the thing I've always said about Queen. You listen to pretty much any song, the guitar work and especially the solo is perfectly suited for the song, every time. 

This is what I have always maintained about Slash actually, every single solo of his fits that particular song perfectly and his talent for that is unsurpassed !  He just gets it...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

This is what I have always maintained about Slash actually, every single solo of his fits that particular song perfectly and his talent for that is unsurpassed !  He just gets it...

I think that's fair. Probably why they're my 2 favourite guitarists (along with Jimmy Page). 

14 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Anyone else hear the "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" similarities?

It's crazy that we've now confirmed that Axl has played "This I Love", "Atlas Shrugged" and "Prostitute" as November Rain intros - maybe he's been playing "Perhaps" for the past few years and we all just assumed it was "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"?

Where was Atlas played as NR intro? Any video?