Chinese Democracy - revisited and reconstructed

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:
With these new leaks, here is my suggestion for an optimal record from the CD era, an improved Chinese Democracy, if you will:

1. Chinese Democracy (the leaked version with the awesome bass during the verses and without Bumble's tacked-on solo)
2. Shackler's Revenge
3. Better
4. Atlas Shrugged
5. Hardschool
6. There Was A Time
7. Catcher in the Rye (the leaked version with Brian May's solo and without Bumble's chaotic outtro solo)
8. Perhaps
9. State of Grace
10. Sorry
11. I.R.S (the leaked version with less guitars)
12. Madagascar (likely a simpler version)
13. This I Love
14. Prostitute

This album is awesome. The best GN'R album of all times.

Wow ...

I would throw new vocals “This I Love remix” on there for a fresh sound along with The Blues.

30 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:
With these new leaks, here is my suggestion for an optimal record from the CD era, an improved Chinese Democracy, if you will:

1. Chinese Democracy (the leaked version with the awesome bass during the verses and without Bumble's tacked-on solo)
2. Shackler's Revenge
3. Better
4. Atlas Shrugged
5. Hardschool
6. There Was A Time
7. Catcher in the Rye (the leaked version with Brian May's solo and without Bumble's chaotic outtro solo)
8. Perhaps
9. State of Grace
10. Sorry
13. This I Love
14. Prostitute

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

2. Shackler's Revenge
3. Better
4. Atlas Shrugged
5. Hardschool
6. There Was A Time
8. Perhaps
9. State of Grace
10. Sorry
13. This I Love
14. Prostitute

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

I’ll probably get killed for this (lol)- but gimme the Dj Ashba “Better” (studio)...

I like the guitar riff in the chorus. Really cool. 

1 hour ago, Finck2006 said:

I will change Twat for the version that leaked in 2006.

That's the one with Bucket's solo? Yeah, I agree. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • GNFNR 1

I would keep the 2008 album exactly the same except switch out Catcher and Riad for their respective 2000 demos, switch out If the World and TWAT for their respective Antiquiet demos, and finally, switch out The Blues with either the 2001 demo or the demo that MSL leaked.

Everything else should just be on another album altogether.

5 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

It really is time to leave this album in the past and move forward.

Yeah, I love some of the leaks, but am not overly fussed on seeing any of the songs reworked with Slash and Duff. The next album should be fresh material written from scratch, imo.

• Like 2

Just now, Towelie said:

Yeah, I love some of the leaks, but am not overly fussed on seeing any of the songs reworked with Slash and Duff. The next album should be fresh material written from scratch, imo.

I mean I hope the General is on there, but all in all, these last two months have felt like the slow closing of the lid on that era. 

FWIW these are all my ChiDem-related fanmade bootlegs. I had to do some rebranding on some of the songs, but I finally have enough songs to make what I like to call Chinese Democracy - Vol. II.

Chinese Democracy - Demos

1.Chinese Democracy (MSL) 2.Better (MSL) 3.There Was A Time (MSL - Long Version) 4.Madagascar (MSL) 5.Street of Dreams (MSL) 6.Silkworms (Evader Remix) 7.IRS (1999) 8.Catcher in the Rye (1999) 9.If the World (Antiquiet) 10.Riad N’ the Bedouins (Antiquiet) 11.Prostitute (Antiquiet) 12.There Was A Time (Antiquiet)

Chinese Democracy- Remixes & More

1.Mi Amor 2.Better (Acoustic) 3.If the World (Brain Remix) 4.Shackler’s Revenge (Brain Remix) 5.This I Love (Brain Remix) 6.Prostitute (Brain Remix) 7.La Bella Vita 8.Street of Dreams (2001) 9.Oh My God (Bumblefoot Remix) 10.Going Down (Bumblefoot Remix) 11.Silkworms (Bumblefoot Remix) 12.Better (DJ Ashba Remix) 13.The Ballad of Death

2000 Intentions

1.Chinese Democracy (w/Freese) 2.Oh My God 3.IRS (2000) 4.Catcher in the Rye (2000) 5.There Was A Time (2000) 6.Riad N’ the Bedouins (2000) 7.Street of Dreams (2000) 8.Going Down (2000) 9.Chinese Democracy (w/Brian) 10.Prostitute (Version 2)

Chinese Democracy - Vol. II

1.Hardschool 2.Atlas Shrugged (Drums Up) 3.Perhaps 4.State of Grace 5.Silkworms 6.The General (Evader Remix) 7.Going Down

at this point my first three playlists are pretty much locked in place, and anything new that leaks will be added to my Chinese Democracy - Vol. II playlist.

In a perfect world we had CD with the best songs in their 2002-ish state of recording around 2004-2006, sans Ron and Frank. Vegas, weddings and Ashba never happened, instead we would have gotte an EP with the remaining members of Queen (plus RTB) incl. Catcher, Perhaps etc. and the "reunion" kicking off with a new studio album of fresh tracks in 2017, instead of a greatest hits n' covers tour we would have gotten the AFD 5 performing the entire AFD album live plus 10-15 more songs (UYI, CD and new ones) every night. And all that could have been...oh how much potential and material went down the drain all those years.

I don't think anyone who posted tracklists took into consideration that CD's can only have 74 minutes worth of audio

Personally, I'd separate the albums into 2000 Intentions ("Drum Loop Album") and Chinese Democracy ("Ballad Album")

So something like

2000 Intentions

1. Better

2. Oh My God

3. Riad N' the Bedouins

4. Shackler's Revenge

5. Scraped

6. If the World

7. There Was a Time

8. The General

9. State of Grace

10. Silkworms