Chinese Democracy - revisited and reconstructed

10 hours ago, SoulMonster said:
With these new leaks, here is my suggestion for an optimal record from the CD era, an improved Chinese Democracy, if you will:

1. Chinese Democracy (the leaked version with the awesome bass during the verses and without Bumble's tacked-on solo)
2. Shackler's Revenge
3. Better
4. Atlas Shrugged
5. Hardschool
6. There Was A Time
7. Catcher in the Rye (the leaked version with Brian May's solo and without Bumble's chaotic outtro solo)
8. Perhaps
9. State of Grace
10. Sorry
11. I.R.S (the leaked version with less guitars)
12. Madagascar (likely a simpler version)
13. This I Love
14. Prostitute

This album is awesome. The best GN'R album of all times.

Nice list! Me personally would put Oh My God instead of Shaklers and Street of Dreams should be an additional song!!

1. CD Beaven/Josh

2. OMG

3. State of Grace

4. Hardschool

5. Better

6. Atlas

7. Twat

8.  Catcher with May

9. The blues with ’02 intro

10. Going down (Tommy and Axl version)

11. Irs

12. Riad

13. Perhaps

14. Prostitute

And in my dream world, every Bucket track put back and every bumble track removed, Josh Freese drumming.

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

FWIW these are all my ChiDem-related fanmade bootlegs. I had to do some rebranding on some of the songs, but I finally have enough songs to make what I like to call Chinese Democracy - Vol. II.

Chinese Democracy - Demos

1.Chinese Democracy (MSL) 2.Better (MSL) 3.There Was A Time (MSL - Long Version) 4.Madagascar (MSL) 5.Street of Dreams (MSL) 6.Silkworms (Evader Remix) 7.IRS (1999) 8.Catcher in the Rye (1999) 9.If the World (Antiquiet) 10.Riad N’ the Bedouins (Antiquiet) 11.Prostitute (Antiquiet) 12.There Was A Time (Antiquiet)

Chinese Democracy- Remixes & More

1.Mi Amor 2.Better (Acoustic) 3.If the World (Brain Remix) 4.Shackler’s Revenge (Brain Remix) 5.This I Love (Brain Remix) 6.Prostitute (Brain Remix) 7.La Bella Vita 8.Street of Dreams (2001) 9.Oh My God (Bumblefoot Remix) 10.Going Down (Bumblefoot Remix) 11.Silkworms (Bumblefoot Remix) 12.Better (DJ Ashba Remix) 13.The Ballad of Death

2000 Intentions

1.Chinese Democracy (w/Freese) 2.Oh My God 3.IRS (2000) 4.Catcher in the Rye (2000) 5.There Was A Time (2000) 6.Riad N’ the Bedouins (2000) 7.Street of Dreams (2000) 8.Going Down (2000) 9.Chinese Democracy (w/Brian) 10.Prostitute (Version 2)

Chinese Democracy - Vol. II

1.Hardschool 2.Atlas Shrugged (Drums Up) 3.Perhaps 4.State of Grace 5.Silkworms 6.The General (Evader Remix) 7.Going Down

at this point my first three playlists are pretty much locked in place, and anything new that leaks will be added to my Chinese Democracy - Vol. II playlist.

great man. I'm gonna try these tracklists. I'm a junkie for alternative tracklists

1. CD demo with Josh

2. Better

3. If the World (more cut down, like the live versions, no stupid siren)

4. Hard School

5. State of Grace

6. Perhaps

7. There Was a time (like the Hammerstein version)

8. IRS

9. The Blues

10. Madagascar

11. This I Love

12. Prostitute

as little filler as possible, as cut down as the demos/live versions were

22 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

great man. I'm gonna try these tracklists. I'm a junkie for alternative tracklists

Thanks! Same here! I actually just got rid of the Brain version of the title track from 2000 Intentions and moved Oh My God over to ChiDem - Vol. II, as the second-to-last song. Both “albums” still flow pretty well tho!

So I was thinking of compiling an alternate version of CD with the same tracklist but alternate versions ('99 CD, '01, SOD, remix TIL) when I ran into a bit of a problem.

Maybe I'm having a vivid hallucination but didn't the live intro to Scraped (not the whole song just the Frank drum part/Axl vocals) leak in 2009 but everybody thought it was fake? I clearly remember watching a YouTube clip of it.

Edited by The Matinator

Ditch Madagascar and throw in The Blues. I'd also cut Sorry for Oh My God.

1 hour ago, The Matinator said:

So I was thinking of compiling an alternate version of CD with the same tracklist but alternate versions ('99 CD, '01, SOD, remix TIL) when I ran into a bit of a problem.

Maybe I'm having a vivid hallucination but didn't the live intro to Scraped (not the whole song just the Frank drum part/Axl vocals) leak in 2009 but everybody thought it was fake? I clearly remember watching a YouTube clip of it.

Wasn't a leak, just a (good) fan remix. 

Edited by Flayer

Here's my updated "Chinese Intentions" CD:

1. Chinese Democracy (album version)

2. Hardschool

3. Perhaps (rough mix #1)

4. Going down (version 1) 

5. I.R.S. (version 2)

6. Madagascar (album version)

7. Rhiad (rough mix #1)

8. The Blues (rough mix #1)

9. Oh my god (End of days)