Poll: The Brian May songs from CD

The Brian May songs from CD  

215 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Close call. I like them all a lot, but I guess if I absolutely HAD to pick just one, I’d go with Atlas.

EDIT: I just realized that all three of these songs connect in more ways than one!

-All three of them have Brian May

-The first two are named after literary novels

-The first and third are about John Lennon’s killer

-All three are ballads with a dark tone

Edited by rocknroll41

Cool thread. Voted Atlas. Currently my favourite 'new' song, but amazing guitar solo regardless. Ive seen others post that its like a homage to Slashs style. I think it really is the best of classic/Slash style with the best of Mays style.

I must be one of the few who misses Bumble in the CITR outro. And with Perhaps, so far Im obsessed with A/B'ing it with Kate Bushs' James and the Cold Gun (live) and Babushka - havent really got into the solo yet as a result of my frenzied music geeking :lol:

Edited by soon
  • GNFNR 1

I went with Atlas, mainly because he goes maximum Brian May on the track with the big harmonies at the end. I would have gone with Catcher but the live version from the Forum has replaced the May version as my favorite rendition of the track. They're all amazing songs though and he does a great job on all 3, sucks that Axl cut him from Catcher and if we ever get finished versions of the other two Slash will be on them.

Perhaps is so good that it would fit in UYI II.
I just loved that song. I'm right now carefully listening to it only once a day, just so i don't get tired of it.

Atlas is the song I Spent my whole teenage years wanting desperately to listen to. 
So i'll always have a soft spot for that.

Great topic, Sosso.

I really like Perhaps, but I'd disagree with the claims of those that had the material previously that it was "the best of the Brian May songs".

Hearing Atlas for the first time was a really, really cool experience. I'd heard so much about that song over the years that, along with a load of other tracks, had a mystique about them. It was a very surreal experience hearing Atlas. The intro and first verse is as good as anything ever released by Guns N' Roses.

I voted for Atlas, though in 2006, Catcher in the Rye was my favourite song of all time. Axl chopped the testicals off of the song for the album release, but it always stays close to my heart. 

I also love Queen, so Axl collaborating with Brian May is something that hits me right in the feels.

What a great few weeks.

• GNFNR 1