Poll: The Brian May songs from CD

The Brian May songs from CD  

215 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Atlas is not a bad - but also not great - song, Perhaps doesn't do much for me.

I have read the book Catcher in the Rye while listening to the song back in the day and I just love the song. I friggin hate the fact they screwed it on the album. They should have left it alone with May's solo.

Hell, I even like CITR 99 better than the album version.

But yeah, 100% Catcher in the Rye for me folks. I don't understand the hype about Atlas and Perhaps.

Edited by Lethalis

Which song is the best is pretty debatable, and my answer might change depending on what kind of mood I’m in.

But I think May’s contributions are definitely the strongest on Catcher, it’s got the best solo by far and those beautiful notes in the outro, don’t think anything he put on the other tracks quite measures up to them.

Edited by Flayer

Definitely Atlas, as soon as I heard it I knew I loved it. I like perhaps as well but the chorus needs to go, the verses are vintage Axl and the closes I've heard him sound to the UYI sound. As soon as I realised Axl was saying "save me" during the chorus it just made me think of a cheesy 90s rock song. 

Catcher.

Catcher is really the only timelessly crafted song and the only one that really gets mileage out of Brian’s distinctive tone.

He’s okay on Perhaps but it’s a fairly dark song, doesn’t best suit Brian.

Atlas, well I don’t really hear much of a song in Atlas - it’s too busy for its own good.  Not very well crafted.

15 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

The CDs say's that it's Robin that plays the solo on Quick Song though. :) 

The CD with only that song has like 17 takes starting from "Robins Solo".

Had to search for it. 

587 250
Guns N' Roses
Quick Song

rough-mixes-cd-250.png

I'm sure it's because there was a version with Robin (maybe before Brian's version). It is dated (Sept. 29th) after the demo we got (June 1st).

Also, maybe as Robin rejoined the band Axl wanted him to put a new solo to replace Brian's too.

We will know once that CD leaks (if it ever will). The tone of the solo screams Brian May to me.