“As It Began” Full Leak Discussion **NO LINKS, 7 DAY SUSPENSION FOR ASKING/HINTING FOR LINKS **

for me, its sad that the CD era guys, who carried all the burdens will never get the acclaim for what they have done. 

Tommy and Finck really did great jobs. Tommy in particular, since he's bassed on all the songs! and the bass on all the CD tracks is the most constant in quality. 

• GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, Legendador said:

This really made me feel so sad! I think it is so sad for the band to have missed this opportunity with such beautiful songs.

At first I hated all these new leaks, but I've been listening to them on my headphones and they are AMAZING, even Silkworms with the fast drums.

"As It Began" IMO is the best song Axl has ever made.

If someone asks me to describe it I would say it is Estranged on a sad acid trip.

A-MA-ZING!

I feel the same.  These songs are all great.  The drumming on Silkworms really give it a shot of adrenaline.  Never liked it before but this version has a very different vibe to me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, username05 said:

for me, its sad that the CD era guys, who carried all the burdens will never get the acclaim for what they have done. 

Tommy and Finck really did great jobs. Tommy in particular, since he's bassed on all the songs! and the bass on all the CD tracks is the most constant in quality. 

Tommy was a true sport of the NuGuns era. Bassist for the entire 15 or so years, lead vocals on Going Down, backing on a bunch of others. Great guy, a class act in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, ronartest2004 said:

This is the stuff that proves Axl still has it. All of these leaks are starting to make CD even more of an enigma to me.

Or at least “still had it” cause they’re like 20 years old haha

1 hour ago, username05 said:

Dont worry, they surely got a nice income for their output

1 hour ago, username05 said:

Para mí, es triste que los chicos de la era del CD, que llevaban todas las cargas, nunca recibieran elogios por lo que habían hecho. 

Tommy y Finck realmente hicieron grandes trabajos. ¡Tommy en particular, ya que se ha basado en todas las canciones! y el bajo en todas las pistas de CD es el más constante en calidad. 

Unfortunately. Worst of all is that if they record the songs with the idiot of Slash, the shit media and the mediocre magazines will give him all the credit

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Beautiful. Sounds like a spacey whale ballet. Hope to hear it with vocals as an official release. Thanks again sincerely to the leaker, keep'em coming boss.

It’d be really cool to see someone like Evader add some artificial lyrics a la The General, I usually don’t care much for the fan mixes but I think that would be an interesting concept.

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The drumming on Silkworms are fucking propulsive. 

2 hours ago, Swampfox said:

I feel the same.  These songs are all great.  The drumming on Silkworms really give it a shot of adrenaline.  Never liked it before but this version has a very different vibe to me.

It feels like a different song! I started to like it!

The piano bit was definitely played live before November Rain at least once. That stupid wind sound in the back ruins this for me tho. Is that Pitman doing that? Fuck him!

the other instrumental that leaked today was cool cause at least it showed us Better’s origins. Who knew literally ALL these songs traced back to the 1998-2000 period!

• Haha 1

Would’ve been cool to hear axls vision for gnr. He was at least trying to be progressive and move the music forward instead of playing generic cock rock slash riffs. Every great band progressed their sound forward (other than The Rolling Stones), axls intentions were grand but it didn’t work out.

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, surforia said:

Maybe Evader or ImSorry can figure out a way to remove those sounds in a remix?

@evader @imsorry either of you up for the challenge? Would love it if someone could turn that piano part into a listenable song for me! Not sure if it’s possible, tho. Idk how easy this sorta shit is.

EDIT: the whale noises are actually starting to grow on me now. Nonetheless, a piano-only version would still be interesting!

Edited by rocknroll41