New LA Show Sep 21

Can anyone decipher the parameters of this sale? Does anyone know if Citi members flip their Citi Sound Vault series tickets? I am dying to get to this show (we all are) and I'm based in LA. Wondering if it's worth joining Nightrain for a small small chance at "a limited number of tickets" allocated for members...

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8530062/guns-n-roses-citi-sound-vault-show-hollywood-palladium

Citi cardmembers who would like to attend the Guns N' Roses Hollywood Palladium show can register to unlock access to tickets via Verified Fan starting today (Sept. 16) and running through Sept. 18 at 10pm PT.

On Friday (Sept. 20) at 9am PT, fans that have received a unique code will have the chance to search for and use their Citi card to purchase tickets for the performance. Head here to register now and to check out additional information. A limited number of tickets will be allocated exclusively for Nightrain members to purchase via the fan club. 

Edited by ramsey

22 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

How much are they charging for this? My opinion of this being a 'cool thing to do' could be hugely altered by the ticket price......

Seconded--

Especially with the whole Citi exclusivity-- It's a little corporate but I know it's not just Gn'R, that's the way Palladium/ Citi/ LiveNation operate these days for big acts.

Regardless of price-- I'd be first in line to buy a ticket at the box office, as I did for the Troubadour show but the whole Citi card thing really complicates this and excludes a good portion of their local fanbase.

46 minutes ago, Lio said:

It was her account. And yes, she stopped following Susan.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 

The correct thing to do was talk privately. Although TB are more of a 'Road less travelled' business approach😄 each to their own, not like we're talking about a multi-million dollar operation 😄

25 minutes ago, doakes said:

Seconded--

Especially with the whole Citi exclusivity-- It's a little corporate but I know it's not just Gn'R, that's the way Palladium/ Citi/ LiveNation operate these days for big acts.

Regardless of price-- I'd be first in line to buy a ticket at the box office, as I did for the Troubadour show but the whole Citi card thing really complicates this and excludes a good portion of their local fanbase.

Yeah, that's a weird one. could you tap up a friend that has one? If I was remotely near LA (or even on that side of the world!) I'd feel the same as you. I'd love to go. 

26 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

So if I signed up for the Verified onsale thing, can I use my friends Citi card? I’m so confused by this 

I don’t think so. The fraud alert will likely prevent this purchase. I had this issue when trying to use my girlfriend’s Amex for a pre-sale on my Ticketmaster account. 

Best bet is for your friend to register and by the tix for you. Hope that helps 

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, that's a weird one. could you tap up a friend that has one? If I was remotely near LA (or even on that side of the world!) I'd feel the same as you. I'd love to go. 

7 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

I don’t think so. The fraud alert will likely prevent this purchase. I had this issue when trying to use my girlfriend’s Amex for a pre-sale on my Ticketmaster account. 

Best bet is for your friend to register and by the tix for you. Hope that helps 

It's tough to tell-- If a friend outright bought the ticket for someone else, I can't imagine they would ID everyone at the door to verify the name on the ticket with the person attending... But who knows.

Likewise, does anyone know if these Citi type tickets ever go to the re-sale market on like Stubhub? This is what I think they're trying to squash by doing it this way (aside from Citi & Livenation getting their kickbacks)

If a friend bought two tickets and you went with them, there surely couldn't be a problem. But by that same coin, if you showed up by yourself with someone else's ticket whether a friends or a re-sale/scalped -- I wonder if they have measures to block that.

I think the Chili Peppers and Metallica played Citi Exclusive shows at Palladium recently. Did anyone here go?

1 minute ago, doakes said:

It's tough to tell-- If a friend outright bought the ticket for someone else, I can't imagine they would ID everyone at the door to verify the name on the ticket with the person attending... But who knows.

Likewise, does anyone know if these Citi type tickets ever go to the re-sale market on like Stubhub? This is what I think they're trying to squash by doing it this way (aside from Citi & Livenation getting their kickbacks)

If a friend bought two tickets and you went with them, there surely couldn't be a problem. But by that same coin, if you showed up by yourself with someone else's ticket whether a friends or a re-sale/scalped -- I wonder if they have measures to block that.

I think the Chili Peppers and Metallica played Citi Exclusive shows at Palladium recently. Did anyone here go?

If you found someone with a citicard and persuaded them to go with you, maybe even paid for their ticket, they could do the purchasing. That would seem the easiest way to me.....

1 hour ago, WAR41 said:

I don't understand why they don't make something like this a 'Nightrain members only' show.  I haven't been a member of that fanclub for a year and a half now, but one of the reasons I left Nightrain was that the Troubadour show wasn't opened up to fan club members whatsoever.  Such a missed opportunity.  It was clear then that being a member of that fanclub was useless.  

YEP. We've given them all sorts of cool ideas to do with Nightrain over the years and this is one of them. Sure, a certain amount of people would complain and be like "BUT I CAN'T MAKE IT TO LA!!!" but if things like this were offered, there'd be a LOT more members of Nightrain and they could easily fiill a lot of seats with members. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, doakes said:

I can’t speak to the Palladium venue but I am fairly certain tix can be sold on stubhub. A lot of shows on ticketmaster and AXS do these credit card access specials

if your friend has a citi card, ask them to register and buy the tickets for you. That’s your best bet

Metallica did a similar show a couple years ago at the palladium I didn’t get tickets through Ticketmaster the following day I got a pair through stub hub for 300 (150) a pair they were 100 bucks face value not sure what these tickets are selling for at face  value but hoping to go Saturday if price is reasonable