New LA Show Sep 21

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

If you found someone with a citicard and persuaded them to go with you, maybe even paid for their ticket, they could do the purchasing. That would seem the easiest way to me.....

Seems like it!

Just now, RussTCB said:

YEP. We've given them all sorts of cool ideas to do with Nightrain over the years and this is one of them. Sure, a certain amount of people would complain and be like "BUT I CAN'T MAKE IT TO LA!!!" but if things like this were offered, there'd be a LOT more members of Nightrain and they could easily fiill a lot of seats with members. 

I was shocked at how many people from back east dropped everything and somehow made the immediate pilgrimage to the Tower records line, with zero confirmation of anything! Not everyone can do that-- Hell, there's no way I could have. But I like many others here specifically joined the Nightrain in those speculative days prior to April 1st, hoping that they would show their fans some love and AT LEAST give 'em some info or clues as to what was happening... Nonetheless the wishful thinking that they would actually have made tix to the Troubadour available to purchase for Nightrain members.

All we ended up actually getting from the Nightrain membership was presale "opportunities" to buy seats for the upcoming tour that turned out to be shittier spots/sections than what Ticketmaster made available to the general public!

Considering all of that and the unknown price that they will be charging (probably somewhere between the Apollo shows & their general over a grand pit tickets) -- The Nightrain is still a pretty tough sell, to have to shell out money for a membership so you can get a chance to buy tickets that may be unreasonably priced in the first place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WAR41 said:

I don't understand why they don't make something like this a 'Nightrain members only' show.  I haven't been a member of that fanclub for a year and a half now, but one of the reasons I left Nightrain was that the Troubadour show wasn't opened up to fan club members whatsoever.  Such a missed opportunity.  It was clear then that being a member of that fanclub was useless.  

Because that doesn't give them any extra coin. But having a special small show for Citibank will. They are not in the business of doing something for the fans. If you want that, you should go check out Metallica.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty stoked at the idea of a pop up show.

No, I'm not expecting huge set list changes. No, I'm expecting them to play any of the leaks. Honestly, I'm not even expecting Axl to mention it.

BUT.....we're always so bored with GN'R doing the same old same old and this isn't that. Yes, it's kind of a minor thing but it is something other bands do. We're all always going on about how GN'R should do things "other bands" do and this is one of them, so I'll take it.

(wouldn't it be incredible if a surprise album dropped on steaming services on Friday though, right before this show?!)

Well. At the end of the day, it will be a regular gig in a smaller place.

Just now, Edward Nygma said:

Will more shows be added after the upcoming leg is done? Seems like there gonna hit the ground and run from city to city.

South American run March 2020 is the word, likely Europe after that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Oh yeah I saw that. Was that her account though or someone pretending. I hope it was fake, not that care if they fight, but for GNRs manager to be posting stupid comments back to fans like that, would be very, very sad. 

yes, was her account veritable.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Because that doesn't give them any extra coin. But having a special small show for Citibank will. They are not in the business of doing something for the fans. If you want that, you should go check out Metallica.

I don't think you understand how the touring business works. This is a Livenation show. When band signs up to tour with them they have to do certain shows. Citi Bank / Livenation have an agreement to deliver concerts to Citi customers to incentivize people to join their bank. GNR likely agreed to do this show when they signed up to do the new legs. It's not like Axl/Slash/Duff had a call on a Monday morning to conspire a way to involve a credit card to get a few extra dollars. I can understand your general feeling that the band could do more for fans (I agree) but try to be reasonable and factor in the realities of the world. 

Edited by ramsey
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

What comment?

Susan posted a recent pic of herself with Stephanie Seymour and then someone commented on it saying something like “axl is an idiot for letting her go” and then beta responded by saying something like “you don’t know Axl personally so don’t comment on shit you don’t know about” and then unfollowed Susan.

17 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Duh.  My point is that somebody like myself and likely countless others WOULD continue subscribing to the fan club.  Whether that would make up the cost of this partnership with Citibank to throw this show, who knows.  I am sure the fanclub isn't a break even thing.  No doubt they're making money on it.  

1 hour ago, ramsey said:

I don't think you understand how the touring business works. This is a Livenation show. When band signs up to tour with them they have to do certain shows. Citi Bank / Livenation have an agreement to deliver concerts to Citi customers to incentivize people to join their bank. GNR likely agreed to do this show when they signed up to do the new legs. It's not like Axl/Slash/Duff had a call on a Monday morning to conspire a way to involve a credit card to get a few extra dollars. I can understand your general feeling that the band could do more for fans (I agree) but try to be reasonable and factor in the realities of the world. 

You're assuming here. They will not do this show for free. They will be compensated for this show. And it's silly to assume that they won't make extra coin for this show. There is is not someone saying, oh, and by the way, you will do this show because you have a contract with us. That might happen with some newcomer, but certainly not with an act who's last tour grossed 400 mio dollars.

Edited by PatrickS77

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Susan posted a recent pic of herself with Stephanie Seymour and then someone commented on it saying something like “axl is an idiot for letting her go” and then beta responded by saying something like “you don’t know Axl personally so don’t comment on shit you don’t know about” and then unfollowed Susan.

Wow. A triggered little lady. ;-) I get the comment, but unfollowing Susan because she posted a pic with one of her friends?? Silly.

1 hour ago, WAR41 said:

Duh.  My point is that somebody like myself and likely countless others WOULD continue subscribing to the fan club.  Whether that would make up the cost of this partnership with Citibank to throw this show, who knows.  I am sure the fanclub isn't a break even thing.  No doubt they're making money on it.  

But how many people would that be? How many people would really really sign up and be willing to fly to Los Angeles or New York to attend a small gig?

1 hour ago, brad_k said:

Kat Benzova posted on instagram with a caption saying she can't wait for the new tour. I thought it was still being marketed as NITL?

Most likely she meant the new leg.