New LA Show Sep 21

33 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

You're assuming here. They will not do this show for free. They will be compensated for this show. And it's silly to assume that they won't make extra coin for this show. There is is not someone saying, oh, and by the way, you will do this show because you have a contract with us. That might happen with some newcomer, but certainly not with an act who's last tour grossed 400 mio dollars.

You're wrong, a contract is a contract. If they agreed to a new leg with an agreement that one or shows would be sold through a certain bank system then they are obliged to do so, whether or not the band is big or small.

GNR needs livenation not the other way around "they could sell tickets on their website they don't need them"... nope, it's been done before by Pearl Jam and their competent management (management that doesn't bicker with fans on Instagram) and it cost them a ton of cash and they didn't try it again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

You're wrong, a contract is a contract. If they agreed to a new leg with an agreement that one or shows would be sold through a certain bank system then they are obliged to do so, whether or not the band is big or small.

GNR needs livenation not the other way around "they could sell tickets on their website they don't need them"... nope, it's been done before by Pearl Jam and their competent management (management that doesn't bicker with fans on Instagram) and it cost them a ton of cash and they didn't try it again.

And again. It's an assumption that they agreed to such a thing. Also Live Nation is not the only concert promoter. They could go with AEG and have the same success. So no, they don't need Live Nation.

Edited by PatrickS77

35 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

And again. It's an assumption that they agreed to such a thing. Also Live Nation is not the only concert promoter. They could go with AEG and have the same success. So no, they don't need Live Nation.

Well, of course they don't. But it seems that they have some exclusive deal with Live Nation. Even Duff's Tenderness tour was promoted by Live Nation, so there must be some long term contract going on between the parts.

As Live Nation operates the Palladium, i think it's for the best that both parts engage in this kind of partnership. GNR always did small concerts as opened rehearsals, and this time they had especially little time to put things together for the tour (as everybody were doing solo stuff). I would not expect for any new stuff in these first concerts.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Wow. A triggered little lady. ;-) I get the comment, but unfollowing Susan because she posted a pic with one of her friends?? Silly.

I dont really care about the drama, but didnt Beta worked for Stephanie before Axl? Maybe its something more personal to her. 

19 minutes ago, Bozo said:

Well, of course they don't. But it seems that they have some exclusive deal with Live Nation. Even Duff's Tenderness tour was promoted by Live Nation, so there must be some long term contract going on between the parts.

As Live Nation operates the Palladium, i think it's for the best that both parts engage in this kind of partnership. GNR always did small concerts as opened rehearsals, and this time they had especially little time to put things together for the tour (as everybody were doing solo stuff). I would not expect for any new stuff in these first concerts.

Yes. Of course. But I doubt that they are Live Nation's bitch at their beck and call where Live Nation can just dictate any odd gig on them without further compensation.

11 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I dont really care about the drama, but didnt Beta worked for Stephanie before Axl? Maybe its something more personal to her. 

Yeah. Most likely, but still. Putting a fan in their place, one thing. Unfollowing Susan because of that, totally another.

6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. Of course. But I doubt that they are Live Nation's bitch at their beck and call where Live Nation can just dictate any odd gig on them without further compensation.

But it ain't an odd gig. It's part of the business nowadays. It will be an exclusive event for clients of the sponsor. And of course they will be well paid for it. You can't book a 5.000 people concert of GNR, in LA, without someone payin' the cost. In this case, its a promo for Citi.

25 minutes ago, saint_seiya said:

Will tickets be available for non citi bank customers? i wanna pay cash/debit, dont wanna fuck up my credit for gnr

Same

10 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Wonder if this will even sell out given the timeframe and size of the venue..

That's what I was wondering. For such a small, yet fantastic venue, it'd be sad if it doesn't sell out-- But the Citi thing cornered them into this. I wouldn't be surprised if regular tickets somehow became available at the last second

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

You're assuming here. They will not do this show for free. They will be compensated for this show. And it's silly to assume that they won't make extra coin for this show. There is is not someone saying, oh, and by the way, you will do this show because you have a contract with us. That might happen with some newcomer, but certainly not with an act who's last tour grossed 400 mio dollars.

Of course they are getting paid, as they should. I think you missed my point. 

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

They may not have directly but their representatives (booking agents etc) did. That's how things work.

• Like 1