Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I like to believe for something new, I just can't help it. Same feeling as when you were a kid, you were hoping to meet santa claus every damn xmas

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

So what’s the venue size? The pic posted earlier certainly didn’t look like 5,000 people.

that pic was not the palladium venue holds about 5000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

Great news. Only five days to go before we can resume moaning about setlists and Axl’s weight and hair. :awesomeface:

You forgot the hats and the belly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ramsey said:

I don't think you understand how the touring business works. This is a Livenation show. When band signs up to tour with them they have to do certain shows. Citi Bank / Livenation have an agreement to deliver concerts to Citi customers to incentivize people to join their bank. GNR likely agreed to do this show when they signed up to do the new legs. It's not like Axl/Slash/Duff had a call on a Monday morning to conspire a way to involve a credit card to get a few extra dollars. I can understand your general feeling that the band could do more for fans (I agree) but try to be reasonable and factor in the realities of the world. 

You're assuming here. They will not do this show for free. They will be compensated for this show. And it's silly to assume that they won't make extra coin for this show. There is is not someone saying, oh, and by the way, you will do this show because you have a contract with us. That might happen with some newcomer, but certainly not with an act who's last tour grossed 400 mio dollars.

Edited by PatrickS77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Susan posted a recent pic of herself with Stephanie Seymour and then someone commented on it saying something like “axl is an idiot for letting her go” and then beta responded by saying something like “you don’t know Axl personally so don’t comment on shit you don’t know about” and then unfollowed Susan.

Wow. A triggered little lady. ;-) I get the comment, but unfollowing Susan because she posted a pic with one of her friends?? Silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WAR41 said:

Duh.  My point is that somebody like myself and likely countless others WOULD continue subscribing to the fan club.  Whether that would make up the cost of this partnership with Citibank to throw this show, who knows.  I am sure the fanclub isn't a break even thing.  No doubt they're making money on it.  

But how many people would that be? How many people would really really sign up and be willing to fly to Los Angeles or New York to attend a small gig?

1 hour ago, brad_k said:

Kat Benzova posted on instagram with a caption saying she can't wait for the new tour. I thought it was still being marketed as NITL?

Most likely she meant the new leg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

You're assuming here. They will not do this show for free. They will be compensated for this show. And it's silly to assume that they won't make extra coin for this show. There is is not someone saying, oh, and by the way, you will do this show because you have a contract with us. That might happen with some newcomer, but certainly not with an act who's last tour grossed 400 mio dollars.

You're wrong, a contract is a contract. If they agreed to a new leg with an agreement that one or shows would be sold through a certain bank system then they are obliged to do so, whether or not the band is big or small.

GNR needs livenation not the other way around "they could sell tickets on their website they don't need them"... nope, it's been done before by Pearl Jam and their competent management (management that doesn't bicker with fans on Instagram) and it cost them a ton of cash and they didn't try it again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

You're wrong, a contract is a contract. If they agreed to a new leg with an agreement that one or shows would be sold through a certain bank system then they are obliged to do so, whether or not the band is big or small.

GNR needs livenation not the other way around "they could sell tickets on their website they don't need them"... nope, it's been done before by Pearl Jam and their competent management (management that doesn't bicker with fans on Instagram) and it cost them a ton of cash and they didn't try it again.

And again. It's an assumption that they agreed to such a thing. Also Live Nation is not the only concert promoter. They could go with AEG and have the same success. So no, they don't need Live Nation.

Edited by PatrickS77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

And again. It's an assumption that they agreed to such a thing. Also Live Nation is not the only concert promoter. They could go with AEG and have the same success. So no, they don't need Live Nation.

Well, of course they don't. But it seems that they have some exclusive deal with Live Nation. Even Duff's Tenderness tour was promoted by Live Nation, so there must be some long term contract going on between the parts.

As Live Nation operates the Palladium, i think it's for the best that both parts engage in this kind of partnership. GNR always did small concerts as opened rehearsals, and this time they had especially little time to put things together for the tour (as everybody were doing solo stuff). I would not expect for any new stuff in these first concerts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Wow. A triggered little lady. ;-) I get the comment, but unfollowing Susan because she posted a pic with one of her friends?? Silly.

I dont really care about the drama, but didnt Beta worked for Stephanie before Axl? Maybe its something more personal to her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping that they’d announce a LA date before the Mexico once since I’m in town then but I guess I’ll follow this one on the forum and get psyched up for the Charlotte and Louisville shows instead :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bozo said:

Well, of course they don't. But it seems that they have some exclusive deal with Live Nation. Even Duff's Tenderness tour was promoted by Live Nation, so there must be some long term contract going on between the parts.

As Live Nation operates the Palladium, i think it's for the best that both parts engage in this kind of partnership. GNR always did small concerts as opened rehearsals, and this time they had especially little time to put things together for the tour (as everybody were doing solo stuff). I would not expect for any new stuff in these first concerts.

Yes. Of course. But I doubt that they are Live Nation's bitch at their beck and call where Live Nation can just dictate any odd gig on them without further compensation.

11 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I dont really care about the drama, but didnt Beta worked for Stephanie before Axl? Maybe its something more personal to her. 

Yeah. Most likely, but still. Putting a fan in their place, one thing. Unfollowing Susan because of that, totally another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please take the social media based discussion to the Unofficial Social Media Thread where that topic is already being discussed. 

Please leave this thread to discuss Saturday's show. Thanks! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. Of course. But I doubt that they are Live Nation's bitch at their beck and call where Live Nation can just dictate any odd gig on them without further compensation.

But it ain't an odd gig. It's part of the business nowadays. It will be an exclusive event for clients of the sponsor. And of course they will be well paid for it. You can't book a 5.000 people concert of GNR, in LA, without someone payin' the cost. In this case, its a promo for Citi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone going? Slash and axl in this size of a venue should be dam good 

Edited by fumardude
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, saint_seiya said:

Will tickets be available for non citi bank customers? i wanna pay cash/debit, dont wanna fuck up my credit for gnr

Same

10 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Wonder if this will even sell out given the timeframe and size of the venue..

That's what I was wondering. For such a small, yet fantastic venue, it'd be sad if it doesn't sell out-- But the Citi thing cornered them into this. I wouldn't be surprised if regular tickets somehow became available at the last second

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All im hoping for is Bad obsession, new song, new song, There was a time, omg, irs and check mate with buckethead/finck coming out to play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I think there will be something, I really do. It's a gut feeling.

Go see a doctor. :P

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

You're assuming here. They will not do this show for free. They will be compensated for this show. And it's silly to assume that they won't make extra coin for this show. There is is not someone saying, oh, and by the way, you will do this show because you have a contract with us. That might happen with some newcomer, but certainly not with an act who's last tour grossed 400 mio dollars.

Of course they are getting paid, as they should. I think you missed my point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×