The Leak History

What still blows me away is how someone would even know about a storage locker for sale owned by a former associate of the band unless that person let them know, and also how all of these random ass people got ahold of these finished songs in the first place even before the lockers as obviously there’s a lot out there in complete form.  I listened to that SoundCloud thing.  Obviously people have and have heard a lot of finished with vocal material we didn’t know existed until now.  That guy said tons.  The entire thing is strange.  Oh well.  1 record in 26 years.  I’ll be surprised if we hear anything at all in the next 2 years.  I’ll be 40 by the time anything substantial gets released if rumored timelines are accurate.  Weird to think I was 11 when TSI got released. Either way I’ll buy it and I’m sure it will be great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FYI in the soundcloud clip they're talking about Zutaut having arranged the sale himself through a 'reputable' storage locker trader... If you really want to know what's what with all of this, including Fernando getting involved then find it and take a listen... 

Riad and the bedoins, had a plan and thought they'd win.... ;)

Edited by Shaolin Punk

flebeis 39 minutes ago 

Awesome breakdown. However it’s missing a lot of other shit that i suppose you and everyone isn’t privy too, understandable. Only thing wrong on the above is is me standing by watching all of this happen with no intention on stopping it and holding people accountable to what the law allows it to.

R has dug himself into a very deep hole. Can’t wait to cross paths.

This week or next should mount up to a lot of loose ends being tied up. (Fingers crossed)

This reply was too quick to be fernando... unless his ass is on the line because of this mess and he's spending all day f5ing reddit lol

1 hour ago, rendestroi95 said:

This reply was too quick to be fernando... unless his ass is on the line because of this mess and he's spending all day f5ing reddit lol

Someone said it wasn't him, but idk maybe it is. He might have free time to be on Reddit when he's not coming up with dumb ideas like Toy Trucks, GNR bar soap or GNR dildos to fuck the fans with nostalgia.

Edited by DarkLotus1111
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

A storage locker had Tom Zutaut's 15-CD set of Chinese Democracy demos from circa-2001 when he was fired by Axl - it sat abandoned for years

Some guy bought the locker at auction who wasn't a fan. After the auction had ended, a GNR fan spotted the Zutaut discs in an online listing for the auction, and contacted the buyer. The buyer agreed to sell the CD's for a set price.

Then a bunch of GNR fans pooled their money together to drive and get the discs and make copies for themselves. But then, as idiots tend to do, the donors got mad at each other and started leaking tracks out of spite.

And now, realizing they might face legal action, they're all trying to throw each other under the bus even though they were all dumb enough to declare "hey, I have the stolen thing!"

Wouldn't expect anything less from this fanbase

sounds like a great movie

2 hours ago, rendestroi95 said:

Ask yourself, what could Fernando possibly be doing that prevents him from spending all day staring at his phone... his biggest contribution as manager is toy trucks and laundry bags.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shaolin Punk said:

FYI in the soundcloud clip they're talking about Zutaut having arranged the sale himself through a 'reputable' storage locker trader... If you really want to know what's what with all of this, including Fernando getting involved then find it and take a listen... 

Riad and the bedoins, had a plan and thought they'd win.... ;)

Yeah I heard it.  Pretty crazy stuff,,, and the lengths people will go to and money they have to spend on such things is appalling to me. I have a hard enough time making a house payment lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

Yeah I heard it.  Pretty crazy stuff,,, and the lengths people will go to and money they have to spend on such things is appalling to me. I have a hard enough time making a house payment lol

Looks like they all started getting paranoid that each of them may fuck the other over, so they took measures to protect themselves.... there may well be more coming out soon ;)

11 minutes ago, username said:

Whether it's real or not. Fuck Fernando. Fuck Team Brazil. Fuck Axl and fuck this band. Fuck the record company. Fuck hoarders. This entire band and situation are completely ridiculous. The load of material apparently out there. The assholes trying to get rich off it. The most incompetent management team of all time. The complete lack of communication. The don't-give-a-fuck-attitude from management towards fans. The endless moneygrabbing tours. And most of all this band apparently unable to make music available to their fans through any channel. I don't feel sorry for GnR one bit over this anymore. I hope it end in an all-out mess with whatever is out there spilling, Team Brazil fired and maybe some assholes in jail. What a fucking joke. 

Boom!

Said it all right there, it's all become a money-grabbing joke on so many levels now... I just want new music and i'm kinda pleased that these leaks have happened to cut through all the bullshit.... Shame it is such a comedic and insufferable mess on so many levels... I wont be attending any more concerts until they release something and mix up their now boring and predictable setlist.

• Like 1

We waited 20 years for these recordings and we’d be waiting another 20 too. With the way things have now gone with GNR, it’s unlikely they were ever going to see an official release in Axl’s lifetime and we’ll all be too old to care by the time CD’s $2000 30th Anniversary Locked & Loaded box set with a replica KFC bucket and Chris Pitman towel comes out.

TB are the only ones who lose out financially here. Which is nice.

Edited by Stress Fracture
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Leaks didn’t make headlines because not one major music news outlet would dare post something that might possibly fuck up any future plans. They’ve already been briefed. You’re not going to see billboard or rolling stone mention anything. 

Not sure I agree with this - not even Blabbermouth picked it up to the best of my knowledge. It is more because the general public don't care what Axl did in his failed Chinese Democracy project 20 years ago.

This batch of leaks is my absolute holy grail, so I'm personally delighted that I (may) get to hear this.

• Like 3

I see a lot of first world problems being mentioned here...

interestingly, all of this has made me go back to the chinese democracy album. I kind of enjoy it for what it is, just an album of great songs that I thought would never release to begin with. I also enjoyed the concert I attended back in 2017, another event that I thought would always be in the realm of fairy tales. an album and a concert. don't shoot me, but that's enough for me.

oasis said it right when they sang "don't put your life in the hands of a rock n roll band"

Edited by action
  • Like 1