The Leak History

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think I read somewhere that the version of Oklahoma/Berlin on these discs is just a piano instrumental, similar to As It Began. Would still be cool to hear tho!

It's on the same CD as State of Grace & IRS, so I'd be surprised if it didn't. Would seem out of place, but what do I know lol

Edited by sofine11

That song Perhaps is kinda catchy.  Those CDs with the demos and these completed songs would make a really cool Chinese box set.  I'd buy it, but not for $1000.  Has anyone on here purchased the $1000 AFD release from last year?  Is it the real autographs that make it worth that much?  Are there real autographs with it?  For a $1000 I would want Axl's actual concert worn bandana or something. ha

7 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

If anyone thinks people (myself included) wouldn’t pay 1000 bucks for all the unreleased cd material, think again. Just remember how many people bought a 30 year old album (AFD) with a couple of well circulated unreleased tracks, a key chain, and some pretend backstage passes.

Not many people payed 1000 bucks for that crap.

Soon enough they had to reduce that ridiculous price to half of it or even less than half, and not even then they sold too many boxes.

2 hours ago, life_247 said:

You’d need to ask a lawyer or two - even then they might not all agree.

Interscope/Geffen (or whoever owns it all now - I forget!) probably own the discs, Zutaut probably only had possession of them in legalistic terms (IE think like a work phone - you have it and use it but you don’t own it). But I’m really not 100% sure, also I’m from the UK (so are you looking at your profile pic) so US law could be quite different.

It’s complicated by the physical disc and the license - they aren’t the same thing

Who’s to say at this point any of the material was copy written. I mentioned when this whole thing was about to hit the fan that all of the material was obtained legally. Tom or whoever was in charge of his locker was notified that he had x amount of days before it was to be auctioned off. Someone fucked up. The buyer of the locker legally owns whatever he purchased. Whatever he did with the contents afterwards (selling, discarding) was also his legal right to do so. Nobody is going to jail over this. Lawyers will be the only ones getting rich over this with their bullshit letters that they will send back and forth. 

1 hour ago, CDogg said:

That song Perhaps is kinda catchy.  Those CDs with the demos and these completed songs would make a really cool Chinese box set.  I'd buy it, but not for $1000.  Has anyone on here purchased the $1000 AFD release from last year?  Is it the real autographs that make it worth that much?  Are there real autographs with it?  For a $1000 I would want Axl's actual concert worn bandana or something. ha

My friend who is one of the guys Axl gets his jackets from has the signed AFD from last year, original autographs, gifted to him by the band. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Who’s to say at this point any of the material was copy written. I mentioned when this whole thing was about to hit the fan that all of the material was obtained legally. Tom or whoever was in charge of his locker was notified that he had x amount of days before it was to be auctioned off. Someone fucked up. The buyer of the locker legally owns whatever he purchased. Whatever he did with the contents afterwards (selling, discarding) was also his legal right to do so. Nobody is going to jail over this. Lawyers will be the only ones getting rich over this with their bullshit letters that they will send back and forth. 

In the end you will lose a ton of money. I told you, you can't trust that guy.

But we got new songs from this shit. I can't believe it was the only way ppl can access to new tunes. It's absurd.

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

I don't believe in "leaks" anymore. That was 15 years ago. Nowadays artist release a new song every two weeks and that's how it works. 

IMO, this is just a stunt from TB, to promote the upcoming shows. The timing is suspicious. I could also believe all those "random ass people" are connected to management or the record company and they function as non-traditional publicity when it's needed.

I’ve always thought the same thing. Whereas I do believe some stuff has legitimately leaked, I do think that someone within the gnr camp sees to it that some of this material gets out.

I always wondered if some of the leaks came from within the camp to pressure Axl to release material because the money was starting to dry up. New album= more touring = more money.

• GNFNR 1

Does anyone have the pictures of the CD demo tracklists?... (Taken by the seller of the material) I think there was some photos I saw at Reddit or someplace... Showed the year submitted for each track ... Just wondering if there's more....I'd like to see them please...

Edited by BN38416

2 hours ago, BN38416 said:

Does anyone have the pictures of the CD demo tracklists?... (Taken by the seller of the material) I think there was some photos I saw at Reddit or someplace... Showed the year submitted for each track ... Just wondering if there's more....I'd like to see them please...

i think this is the one https://imgur.com/a/BbbE9MG

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nico-ferro said:

i think this is the one https://imgur.com/a/BbbE9MG

Thank you. Wow... That's a lot of unreleased material floating around.... Lucky dude that bought the storage unit that contained these unheard tracks..... Or this whole scenerio is just a plant by management trying to hype the upcoming tour...

Edited by BN38416
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

That’s a good point actually. However, Axl did play Oklahoma for Rolling Stone Magazine in 2000, and they said it was just an instrumental.

Great catch - so "Oklahoma" might have just been a piano/instrumental piece Axl wrote, but there might have never been lyrics for it

Who knows if "Berlin" even has lyrics

There's another holy grail down the drain

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Great catch - so "Oklahoma" might have just been a piano/instrumental piece Axl wrote, but there might have never been lyrics for it

Who knows if "Berlin" even has lyrics

There's another holy grail down the drain

I dunno, Axl was still talking about Oklahoma/Berlin as a song in 2008 like it was a work in progress..
A lot of these leaks feel like a work in progress, or as Buckethead described it, a loaf of bread in the oven not quite ready.  :P

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gackt said:

I dunno, Axl was still talking about Oklahoma/Berlin as a song in 2008 like it was a work in progress..
A lot of these leaks feel like a work in progress, or as Buckethead described it, a loaf of bread in the oven not quite ready.  :P

Just give all the DAT tapes and masters to Trent Reznor and let him make an album out of it

Trent Reznor Presents: Chinese Democracy

That's what Axl originally wanted, anyway - let him remix it into something great