09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

42 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

I don’t pay to see a body beautiful on stage. If that’s your thing, and clearly it is for many on this board, go see Brad Pitt sing FFS

Well that's obviously aimed here:lol: so I'll respond. You have taken the Brad Pitt point I made completely out of context, so maybe read the argument before replying next time;). I was talking about how a man in his late 50s can still maintain a healthy look. Also, I said exactly what you just said... I pay to hear him sing well, don't care if he wears a dress up there as long as it sounds good! ....unless my ears are failing me I heard a singer who was struggling! just like he does on every tour opener, he'll improve yada, yada! but if he was in shape! his level coming out of the gate would be better.

We can argue that being in shape has nothing to do with vocal health, if you like! I will disagree as would any vocal coach - I'm no expert but I have talked to a lot of singers, taken a few lessons and watched more than my fair share of vocal tutorials... so I'm not an expert, but I'm fairly confident that what I'm saying isn't just opinion. 

Is there a most unpopular comment of the day? I might be in the running sorry lord Axl.

Retiring from this subject.... right about.... now :) 

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Well that's obviously aimed here:lol: so I'll respond. You have taken the Brad Pitt point I made completely out of context, so maybe read the argument before replying next time;). I was talking about how a man in his late 50s can still maintain a healthy look. Also, I said exactly what you just said... I pay to hear him sing well, don't care if he wears a dress up there as long as it sounds good! ....unless my ears are failing me I heard a singer who was struggling! just like he does on every tour opener, he'll improve yada, yada! but if he was in shape! his level coming out of the gate would be better.

We can argue that being in shape has nothing to do with vocal health, if you like! I will disagree as would any vocal coach - I'm no expert but I have talked to a lot of singers, taken a few lessons and watched more than my fair share of vocal tutorials... so I'm not an expert, but I'm fairly confident that what I'm saying isn't just opinion. 

Is there a most unpopular comment of the day? I might be in the running sorry lord Axl.

Retiring from this subject.... right about.... now :) 

Wasn’t specifically aimed at you 🙂

Seen Brad Pitt mentioned as a reference many times in this thread - including someone posting a picture of a shirtless Brad in his latest movie.

It was just a general comment given the previous fixation. Peace ✌🏻 

21 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

No just look up the tour data. Not that hard

31 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

False. GNR has sold 96% of all tickets available 

I've never heard that figure before and can't find it anywhere online. If you could share a link that would be great. 

we're talking the Europe second leg here of course.....from what I myself saw, and others have told me, shows were far from selling out. I'll happily stand corrected though if there is factual evidence to say otherwise. 

17 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Wasn’t specifically aimed at you 🙂

Seen Brad Pitt mentioned as a reference many times in this thread - including someone posting a picture of a shirtless Brad in his latest movie.

It was just a general comment given the previous fixation. Peace ✌🏻 

Ha!:facepalm: I missed the shirtless Brad :lol: Ok, you were well within your rights :lol:

4 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

You have to see Eric live! He's amazing.

As for Matt, he's the Lord of Riffs.

Eric is so underrated these days. He's phenomenal. Have a look at that...

I was thinking Derek for No.3 tbh. He's amazing..!

(Sorry for the offtopic)

When it comes to Blues 

my favorite by far is Roy Buchanan 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I've never heard that figure before and can't find it anywhere online. If you could share a link that would be great. 

we're talking the Europe second leg here of course.....from what I myself saw, and others have told me, shows were far from selling out. I'll happily stand corrected though if there is factual evidence to say otherwise. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour only data for spain and germany aviable 

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour only data for spain and germany aviable 

Ah ok. Well, that only shows that a couple of shows sold OK really then, and there's no other information to be gained from that. You can't form a percentage and generalise it across a whole European tour based on a couple of shows.

One can speculate as to why data wasn't made available for all the other shows......

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

96%?  Fuckin' hell boy, were you outside the box office with a calculator? :lol:

I saw something similar,  the 2nd night in Foxboro 2016 was almost cancelled because of low sales. They upgraded alot of people tickets for free at the gate to help fill the floor seating behind the pit.

I felt like such an idiot for paying full price for 2nd row when all the people around me got free upgrades on cheap seats 😔

Edited by RedHook

2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Dizzy plays piano on songs like Estranged and Civil War?  I'm not sure i understand your question.  Like it or not whether or not Melissa was there or not it wouldn't change the sound of the band live because if she wasn't up on stage there would be somebody on the side of the stage with a pro tools rig and a MacBook doing the same thing.  You should respect that GNR actually has somebody on stage doing everything live.  I'm not sure what the issue is honestly.

As for whether the band sounded more full in 1992 is impossible for me to say since I wasn't at the Paris or Tokyo concert in 1992 and live clips on YouTube isn't enough for me to really make that judgement.  

so Mel is a sound guy!?

why not out her at soundboard then?

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

so Mel is a sound guy!?

why not out her at soundboard then?

I'm not sure I understand your question.  Are you asking why isn't she at the soundboard?  I already explained that.

Most bands will have somebody off stage with a MacBook playing the backing tracks or have the drummer trigger them with a click track.  Guns n' Roses wants these parts played live.  That's why Melissa is up there.  How is this not clear?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Most bands will have somebody off stage with a MacBook playing the backing tracks or have the drummer trigger them with a click track.  Guns n' Roses wants these parts played live.  That's why Melissa is up there.  How is this not clear?

Guns N' Roses aren't most bands... They never needed anyone playing backing tracks or whatever useless shit she does back during the classic era... Slash's band sure doesn't use them and they sound tight as fuck..  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derick said:

I read in some post that was part of “Shine On You Crazy Diamond” by Pink Floyd.

1 hour ago, SAU3R said:

me too but i cant hear it

FWIW, I'm a huge Floyd guy and I cannot hear any part of Shine On in that.

Having said that, it's some bad ass work on Slash's part!

• Like 2