09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

1 hour ago, CDogg said:

Is it legal to remove these from someone’s YouTube channel?  What assholes!  No other band does this stupid shit.  Metallica has tons of videos by fans online and it only makes me like them more.

Yes of course, Universal owns the rights to the songs, not the random YouTube guy. And yes lots of other bands do it, but it was more common years ago.  Labels have seemed to be more chill about it lately

Never has any band (and it's crackpot fans) in the history of music spent so much time and effort into trying to stop people that love their music hearing any of it. 

It's a bit like a shopkeeper fighting off customers with a broom and throwing them out of the door as they wave banknotes at him desperately trying to buy his wares. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

WTF, is there nothing we can do about the videos being taken down?! I guess we should just not post videos here anymore or they'll be gone in no time.

They'd be hard to find if they were listed as something different. Perhaps something could be uploaded using a different title, and then the titles given to others via DM? 

7 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I already asked them to remove the embedding of YouTube videos but I guess that doesn’t solve the real problem here.

We need to use dailymotion or vimeo. Send them to people in DM upon request..  Ban their IPS from every forum and subreddit related to GNR make the videos different names Contact there IP Provider . Callo the feds for the threats. We need to take the big guns out

21 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I'm not sure I understand your question.  Are you asking why isn't she at the soundboard?  I already explained that.

Most bands will have somebody off stage with a MacBook playing the backing tracks or have the drummer trigger them with a click track.  Guns n' Roses wants these parts played live.  That's why Melissa is up there.  How is this not clear?

you didn't get it. doesn't matter.  point is - Mel in not way whatsoever fits to be on that stage.  point closed.

• Haha 1

I clicked on a random song from this show and noticed 3 mistakes from Frank.

every song I ever clicked that Frank played on had 2-3 mistakes.  now considering they have not changed this setlist sinc the Dino's walked the earth and frank the man played each song like gazzilion times - there is no absolute fuckin' doubt frank is pathetic and needs to take the hike.

I am a person who doesn't mind fills, missed chorus, verse, chords...I actually like when a band player adds or misses something that gives that song a live feeling, but frank just makes things sound worse.

I have all the shows that were ever available on the tracker '86-'93 and went through most, hardly any song was played identically twice, but it almost always sounded cool, now frank souns like 'where is Sorum'?

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

They'd be hard to find if they were listed as something different. Perhaps something could be uploaded using a different title, and then the titles given to others via DM? 

That's a good idea in theory but it sounds kind of complicated to get it to everyone who wants to see it.

26 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

We need to use dailymotion or vimeo. Send them to people in DM upon request..  Ban their IPS from every forum and subreddit related to GNR make the videos different names Contact there IP Provider . Callo the feds for the threats. We need to take the big guns out

Is there no way to ban them from seeing the threads? I thought you couldn't see anything here unless you were logged in as a user.

5 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

I clicked on a random song from this show and noticed 3 mistakes from Frank.

every song I ever clicked that Frank played on had 2-3 mistakes.  now considering they have not changed this setlist sinc the Dino's walked the earth and frank the man played each song like gazzilion times - there is no absolute fuckin' doubt frank is pathetic and needs to take the hike.

I am a person who doesn't mind fills, missed chorus, verse, chords...I actually like when a band player adds or misses something that gives that song a live feeling, but frank just makes things sound worse.

I have all the shows that were ever available on the tracker '86-'93 and went through most, hardly any song was played identically twice, but it almost always sounded cool, now frank souns like 'where is Sorum'?

What exactly are you calling a mistake can you pinpoint it so we can hear it? I listened to a few random songs and didn't notice anything in particular, I actually thought he sounded tighter than usual, with a better drum tone.

10 minutes ago, Amaya said:

I do not know musuc.  I cannot hear the different instruments individually played by the musicians.. I cannot tell Frank from Matt from Steven for Freese. I do not know music, instruments,  or have an ear for music. I never had music classes or learned an instrument. Duff abd Slash, my assumorion, had to compromise and accept things more from Axl than he did from them . I assume each man got what he wanted in terms of money, first and foremost, down to setlist and everything in between. I dont know who of the 3 owns what and how much of GnR.                               All THAT to say Axl's GnR band in place was fixed. Frank, Richard. If Duff ,Slash really did not approve, really just could not work with Frank changing up stuff, that would have been a sticking point. My assumption is it is fine with them. My assumption is they dont care. The money is rolling in. My point is for as long as NITL comtinues and until The Big 3 retire GnR, the extra musicians are going to stay. If the Big 3 make a new cd, Frank is the drummer. Richard.Melissa. Dizzy. Same crew.  I say none of this as an insult.  The Big 2 are comfortable with The Big1 choice so there.

Wow! That was hard ro read 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Fortus and Frank are in the band because they are pro's. Reliable, nice guys, and good musicians. When you're in the business, u don't want drama and ego trips (besides your own). And Slash n Duff knows very well how rare is to find characters like these, especially in a bandsize like GNR. I can tell u they must be really confortable with the band lineup.

• Like 3