Jump to content
downzy

09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Metallica can, I see no reason why Guns couldn't.

Metallica are VERY different now. They have a loyal fanbase that they've cultivated through many years of album releases, interesting promotional events, etc. Their fans care and are loyal. GNR just don't have that fanbase really. The only reason they got to step up to stadiums at all was the box-ticking casuals coming out for a look and the 'not in this lifetime' thing. That load has been shot now. Some of the stadiums were very notably undersold on the second run too - I think Paris were even giving them away free as I recall......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 5:14 AM, Fourteenbeers said:

Can Tom Araya hear anything anymore? IMO it's a small miracle if he can.:P

Not sure, but Slayer freaking ruled in Chicago  week ago! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Metallica are VERY different now. They have a loyal fanbase that they've cultivated through many years of album releases, interesting promotional events, etc. Their fans care and are loyal. GNR just don't have that fanbase really. The only reason they got to step up to stadiums at all was the box-ticking casuals coming out for a look and the 'not in this lifetime' thing. That load has been shot now. Some of the stadiums were very notably undersold on the second run too - I think Paris were even giving them away free as I recall......

False. GNR has sold 96% of all tickets available 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LA_0013 said:

I don’t pay to see a body beautiful on stage. 

I do, because I love axl's body in any shape :P

Edited by Italian girl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

I don’t pay to see a body beautiful on stage. If that’s your thing, and clearly it is for many on this board, go see Brad Pitt sing FFS

Well that's obviously aimed here:lol: so I'll respond. You have taken the Brad Pitt point I made completely out of context, so maybe read the argument before replying next time;). I was talking about how a man in his late 50s can still maintain a healthy look. Also, I said exactly what you just said... I pay to hear him sing well, don't care if he wears a dress up there as long as it sounds good! ....unless my ears are failing me I heard a singer who was struggling! just like he does on every tour opener, he'll improve yada, yada! but if he was in shape! his level coming out of the gate would be better.

We can argue that being in shape has nothing to do with vocal health, if you like! I will disagree as would any vocal coach - I'm no expert but I have talked to a lot of singers, taken a few lessons and watched more than my fair share of vocal tutorials... so I'm not an expert, but I'm fairly confident that what I'm saying isn't just opinion. 

Is there a most unpopular comment of the day? I might be in the running sorry lord Axl.

Retiring from this subject.... right about.... now :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Well that's obviously aimed here:lol: so I'll respond. You have taken the Brad Pitt point I made completely out of context, so maybe read the argument before replying next time;). I was talking about how a man in his late 50s can still maintain a healthy look. Also, I said exactly what you just said... I pay to hear him sing well, don't care if he wears a dress up there as long as it sounds good! ....unless my ears are failing me I heard a singer who was struggling! just like he does on every tour opener, he'll improve yada, yada! but if he was in shape! his level coming out of the gate would be better.

We can argue that being in shape has nothing to do with vocal health, if you like! I will disagree as would any vocal coach - I'm no expert but I have talked to a lot of singers, taken a few lessons and watched more than my fair share of vocal tutorials... so I'm not an expert, but I'm fairly confident that what I'm saying isn't just opinion. 

Is there a most unpopular comment of the day? I might be in the running sorry lord Axl.

Retiring from this subject.... right about.... now :) 

Wasn’t specifically aimed at you 🙂

Seen Brad Pitt mentioned as a reference many times in this thread - including someone posting a picture of a shirtless Brad in his latest movie.

It was just a general comment given the previous fixation. Peace ✌🏻 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

No just look up the tour data. Not that hard

 

31 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

False. GNR has sold 96% of all tickets available 

I've never heard that figure before and can't find it anywhere online. If you could share a link that would be great. 

we're talking the Europe second leg here of course.....from what I myself saw, and others have told me, shows were far from selling out. I'll happily stand corrected though if there is factual evidence to say otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Wasn’t specifically aimed at you 🙂

Seen Brad Pitt mentioned as a reference many times in this thread - including someone posting a picture of a shirtless Brad in his latest movie.

It was just a general comment given the previous fixation. Peace ✌🏻 

Ha!:facepalm: I missed the shirtless Brad :lol: Ok, you were well within your rights :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

You have to see Eric live! He's amazing.

As for Matt, he's the Lord of Riffs.

Eric is so underrated these days. He's phenomenal. Have a look at that...

I was thinking Derek for No.3 tbh. He's amazing..!

(Sorry for the offtopic)

When it comes to Blues 

my favorite by far is Roy Buchanan 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

 

I've never heard that figure before and can't find it anywhere online. If you could share a link that would be great. 

we're talking the Europe second leg here of course.....from what I myself saw, and others have told me, shows were far from selling out. I'll happily stand corrected though if there is factual evidence to say otherwise. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour only data for spain and germany aviable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour only data for spain and germany aviable 

Ah ok. Well, that only shows that a couple of shows sold OK really then, and there's no other information to be gained from that. You can't form a percentage and generalise it across a whole European tour based on a couple of shows.

 One can speculate as to why data wasn't made available for all the other shows......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

96%?  Fuckin' hell boy, were you outside the box office with a calculator? :lol:

I saw something similar,  the 2nd night in Foxboro 2016 was almost cancelled because of low sales. They upgraded alot of people tickets for free at the gate to help fill the floor seating behind the pit.

I felt like such an idiot for paying full price for 2nd row when all the people around me got free upgrades on cheap seats 😔

Edited by RedHook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Dizzy plays piano on songs like Estranged and Civil War?  I'm not sure i understand your question.  Like it or not whether or not Melissa was there or not it wouldn't change the sound of the band live because if she wasn't up on stage there would be somebody on the side of the stage with a pro tools rig and a MacBook doing the same thing.  You should respect that GNR actually has somebody on stage doing everything live.  I'm not sure what the issue is honestly.

 

As for whether the band sounded more full in 1992 is impossible for me to say since I wasn't at the Paris or Tokyo concert in 1992 and live clips on YouTube isn't enough for me to really make that judgement.  

so Mel is a sound guy!?

why not out her at soundboard then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

 

Am i the only one who thinks this is amazing?

is this just a jam or based on any song?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAU3R said:

is this just a jam or based on any song?

I read in some post that was part of “Shine On You Crazy Diamond” by Pink Floyd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Derick said:

I read in some post that was part of “Shine On You Crazy Diamond” by Pink Floyd.

me too but i cant hear it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×