09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

What exactly are you calling a mistake can you pinpoint it so we can hear it? I listened to a few random songs and didn't notice anything in particular, I actually thought he sounded tighter than usual, with a better drum tone.

misshit/wrong fill, from the top of my head eg. last gig, Shadow of you love, first half - at least 2 occasions.

1 hour ago, --DEA-- said:

Wow! That was hard ro read 😜

partially.  

Ax couldn't move on with his career w/o Slash, so that gave Slash extra leverage.  Ax career was dead.

Slash always had rights to logos and merch.

As to line up, Frank/Mel/Fortus were obviously, Ax choice.  Slash and Duff, according to the ppl close to them privately, are not all that happy, but happy enough not to cut their contracts short.

Adler is never gonna be reliable enough to be back full time.  They obviously gave him a chance, but it is silly to think he is out over 'back problems'. What really is the problem - know only the 4.

Fortus/Frank were obviously, never first choice.  Remember they themselves said 'we were called back last minute'.

Why Iz is not there, is something only they know. Obviously, financies, but why Ax refused to give in - only Ax knows.  I think Slash would have given Iz whatever Iz wanted.  He also works with Conspirators and doesn't care all that much.

Gilby probably isn't here cause they still hope to have Iz back.  Having Gilby back only to replace him with Iz, wouldn't work that well with either side + it would bring back some memories.  Slash and Duff are too good friends with Gilby to screw him twice.

Matt obviously, financial side.  Slash and Duff would bouth take Matt over Frank any minute.

Anyway, new record?

They will not take any risk with that.   When they decide it is time, they will probably hire everyone they need is needed to make it as good as possible.   Will F n F be there?  Will their contract expire by then?  I have no doubt that Fortus will be sidelined if threy feel they need Iz.  Frank?  I don't think anyone asks him anything.

If they say Charlie Watts or Dave Grohl,  it will be the 2 w/o asking Frank a thing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

partially.  

Ax couldn't move on with his career w/o Slash, so that gave Slash extra leverage.  Ax career was dead.

As to line up, Frank/Mel/Fortus were obviously, Ax choice.  Slash and Duff, according to the ppl close to them privately, are not all that happy, but happy enough not to cut their contracts short.

Adler is never gonna be reliable enough to be back full time.  They obviously gave him a chance, but it is silly to think he is out over 'back problems'. What really is the problem - know only the 4.

Fortus/Frank were obviously, never first choice.  Remember they themselves said 'we were called back last minute'.

Why Iz is not there, is something only they know. Obviously, financies, but why Ax refused to give in - only Ax knows.  I think Slash would have given Iz whatever Iz wanted.  He also works with Conspirators and doesn't care all that much.

Gilby probably isn't here cause they still hope to have Iz back.  Having Gilby back only to replace him with Iz, wouldn't work that well with either side + it would bring back some memories.  Slash and Duff are too good friends with Gilby to screw him twice.

Matt obviously, financial side.  Slash and Duff would bouth take Matt over Frank any minute.

Anyway, new record?

They will not take any risk with that.   When they decide it is time, they will probably hire everyone they need is needed to make it as good as possible.   Will F n F be there?  Will their contract expire by then?  I have no doubt that Fortus will be sidelined if threy feel they need Iz.  Frank?  I don't think anyone asks him anything.

If they say Charlie Watts or Dave Grohl,  it will be the 2 w/o asking Frank a thing.

🤦‍♂️ . Slash and Duff are replacing DJ and Tommy. Plain and simple. This version of GNR will put  out a record. JFC stop tryin to creat fictional drama like the band is constantly fighting. Its simply false and overdramatic

Slash wanted Fortus for the Conspirators but Rich said no.  Slash wanted to play with him for a long time.

How the fuck were they not the first choice? Richard has been there since 02 and Frank 06. Richard is well known  in the industry for being adaptable to any situation. POP ,Rap  etc  He can play anything 

Richard and Frank have known each other along time Richard is the one who recommended frank

Axl Slash and Duff are happy with them. You are just making stuff up . You have no idea what they prefer.... Stop acting like you do.

Every thread is 

Frank is bad , Richard bad . Slash, Axl , Duff don’t like

Steven and Izzy are never going to be full time members ever again. Steven because he cant keep his fucking mouth shut and Izzy because he likes the way his life is right now

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Bozo said:

Fortus and Frank are in the band because they are pro's. Reliable, nice guys, and good musicians. When you're in the business, u don't want drama and ego trips (besides your own). And Slash n Duff knows very well how rare is to find characters like these, especially in a bandsize like GNR. I can tell u they must be really confortable with the band lineup.

Well said . May I add Duff, Slash must feel it works. They approve. Good enough. Pick your battles. If it is not broken, then dont fix it. The touring musicans and recording ones are : F,M,R, and D. And will  be until The Big 3 retire GnR.                                                          Well said @Gibsonfender2323 too. I dont want to pull up multiquotes. It gets confusing to me.                                          @shotsfired cro I undetstand your post  I agree with somethings you said. Reality , as you said, only those 5 guys know . Steve was given his closure of sitting in on  about 3  shows for about a song or two plus The RnRH of Fame  I think, hope , it seems he finally has self - pride and is letting them alone. He has been really quiet in his social media, finally.  Izzy is semi-retired and whetever he is, he is surely happy in his life and gives zero fucks about NITL tour. He gives no comments . Pardon me for repeating myself. I get old fans and diehards or fans of the 1980s would lke to the originsl 5 reunited. I am going to the Austin show. I want to hear the old songs The Big 3 performing are good enough. The touring musicians  could be just computers. Good enough.   I really dont think the original members are friends. The 5 have never been in same room  since 1990.-1989. People change and drift away. No love lost. No hard feelings. No bitterness. Gilby and Matt are doing their own lives and don't care about NITLT .

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bozo said:

Fortus and Frank are in the band because they are pro's. Reliable, nice guys, and good musicians. When you're in the business, u don't want drama and ego trips (besides your own). And Slash n Duff knows very well how rare is to find characters like these, especially in a bandsize like GNR. I can tell u they must be really confortable with the band lineup.

I can't imagine that Slash would come back from a tour with Fitzy and be happy with Frank. I think he deals with it because of the paycheck.

44 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

partially.  

Anyway, new record?

I agree with all of this.

And as far as Slash wanting Fortus for his own band goes, the only place that's ever been said was some FB post where Fortus made a comment saying that Slash has wanted him to join. He is the only person who has ever said that. Slash himself has never said that and neither has anyone else who was involved with him. I personally don't think that is true.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's a good idea in theory but it sounds kind of complicated to get it to everyone who wants to see it.

Is there no way to ban them from seeing the threads? I thought you couldn't see anything here unless you were logged in as a user.

I think they just log in as different users. I get messages from people with one or two posts often asking where I got stuff, and for links. I can't say for certain that they're not genuine, but alarm bells do ring and I never reply. 

We're dealing with social-incompetent incel losers here after all- they'll just keep creating new emails/usernames as they have literally nothing better to do. 

Edited by allwaystired

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

partially.  

Anyway, new record?

Well, I think Axl's carer was "dead" as much as Slash and Duff... Axl was playin' arenas (sometimes half full). Duff and Slash were playin' theaters... So I don't know how much Axl's carrer if you compare it with Slash And Duff...

As far as I know Slash had rights to old Logos . The ones that GNR usually sell between 2001 and 2015 were pretty much from the Chinese Era

About the lineup I'm not so sure that Slash and Duff were unhappy... Like someone said , Slash wanted Fortus to play in his solo band. Rich didn't do because of his loyalty to Axl. As far as Frank goes, I believe Slash and Duff would prefer Sorum to bring more of a reunion factor. And there were rumours that Sorum wanted the same paycheck he used to have. Honestly I personally thinks that lineups would only be the original 5 + dizzy or the way things ended up happening. So I don't think personel changes with the hired guns was so much a discussion... And maybe that was the reason that maybe Slash and Duff were "Unhappy" . 

I'm pretty much sure that Fortus will stay even if Izzy comes back permanently. But of course this only my opinion

And let's not forget that was a rumour that the salary of the hired guns comes from Axl cut... So, if that's true, it's more than fair that he can pick the ones he wants and stayed loyal to him

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

partially.  

Anyway, new record?

Thanks for the explanation 😀

• Like 1

Ok it is not true.  I guess.                                                              I really don't have an opinion to post about that either way.  What I think is true, reality, Duff said Steve is never coming back.                          .                                       Izzy is never going back for a guest song or two on stage or even  writing- recording.   If so, NITL played CA a few times over during these 3.5 years. He was  never  a guest backstage ,lol, even on the band's VIP list.  No laminate tag :P for him.

Edited by Amaya

34 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Fortus is a liar? 

18 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

Fortus has implied Slash wanted him, not true. His manager apparently asked Fortus, not Slash, and nobody except Fortus has ever said anything about it. I don't think he lied, more of a misunderstanding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

Fortus has implied Slash wanted him, not true. His manager apparently asked Fortus, not Slash, and nobody except Fortus has ever said anything about it. I don't think he lied, more of a misunderstanding.

Not sure... Fortus played with Thin Lizzy in 2011. I do believe that Perla was Slash manager at the time... I don't think Slash was unaware of this....

On 22/09/2019 at 3:16 PM, Blackstar said:

Yes, it was played at the next show :)

This forum will explode if they Play dead horse, Locomotive or Hard school :) 

Despite being critical, I'm really happy to at least see Locomotive and Dead Horse as Alt. songs, that's a very, very good thing in my book! We have all been asking for both of those songs for the last 3yrs... Now we just need to get them to put Pretty tied up in that list and I'll be forever happy. ...Of course they need to play the songs too though :D 

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

Judging by the size of his nose.....

Meow :bitchfight:

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Not true. 

I am not positive but I remember hearing Richard say that he was asked to play in Slash's band OR he was playing with a band and the prospect of Slash coming up on stage with them was thrown around but didn't happen (and he wouldn't have played out of respect for Axl), OR that he played on a track for some band and Slash played on it too. I think all of the above might actually have some truth to them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I am not positive but I remember hearing Richard say that he was asked to play in Slash's band OR he was playing with a band and the prospect of Slash coming up on stage with them was thrown around but didn't happen (and he wouldn't have played out of respect for Axl), OR that he played on a track for some band and Slash played on it too. I think all of the above might actually have some truth to them.

buddy - fortus blows his own horn so much = if you ask slash this he'll say wtf are you talking about i'd choose izzy or gilby over fortus any day of the week mostly cause his stage antics suck and his rock n roll abilities aren't really there

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

buddy - fortus blows his horn so much = if you ask slash this he'll say wtf are you talking about i'd choose izzy or gilby over fortus any day of the week mostly cause his stage antics suck and his rock n roll abilities aren't really there

That's a stupid theory if you look at what he ended up doing. If that was true, Slash would have played with Izzy or Gilby in his bands. Any of them since GNR. Guess what he did? They were not an option for him because either A) they didn't want to (Izzy) or Slash didn't want to (Gilby). If Slash wanted them over Fortus he would have done so. And they DID try to get Izzy as far as we know but he's not an option.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown