09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

10 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Are you by any chance inside Slash's head as we speak? how the fuck would you know buddy. Slash praised Richard as a guitar player and said how it positively affected his own playing. Just cause you want it to be like that doesn't mean it's real.

It really sounds like he's projecting his thoughts into Slashs mouth in his mind. If Slash really wanted to work with either of them he wouldn't go and record an album with Fortus. If he wasn't happy with his rhythm player he would look for someone else for GNR and not make an album with someone he doesn't like. Especially an important album like this, the first comeback album. What a dumb thing to say all around. The last time a rhythm player he didn't like was forced on Slash he left the band. That posters thoughts on Fortus are interfering with objectivity

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

13 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

over fortus any day of the week mostly cause his stage antics suck

While I enjoyed most of the footage I saw from Saturday's show, I remember finding Fortus pretty cringeworthy at one point. It may have been It's So Easy... I think at one point he went over to Slash rocking out like a monkey and Slash just ignored him. For all I know Slash may not have seen him but Fortus just looked like a tool all together.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It really sounds like he's projecting his thoughts into Slashs mouth in his mind. If Slash really wanted to work with either of them he wouldn't go and record an album with Fortus. If he wasn't happy with his rhythm player he would look for someone else for GNR and not make an album with someone he doesn't like. Especially an important album like this, the first comeback album. What a dumb thing to say all around. The last time a rhythm player he didn't like was forced on Slash he left the band. That posters thoughts on Fortus are interfering with objectivity

oh they've recorded an album or are doing that?? do tell...please everyone would like to know that quasi half assed confirmation that fortus and dizzy have been saying for decades 

slash is pissed and u can tell by his stage mannerisms he hates fortus and current GNR - he hasn't smiled once at the show and is doing it purely for the money and the empty promise that axl has been dangling of doing an original album unfortunately this carrot has run its course and NITL will implode sooner than later folks 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Shitty about what? I can’t remember what I was referring to in that quote and its too many pages back for me to find.

On 9/21/2019 at 11:41 AM, slash23579 said:

Any of y’all think they’re gonna try taking down YouTube videos as soon as they’re put up?

I thought it would auto quote both of them. My bad

33 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I am not positive but I remember hearing Richard say that he was asked to play in Slash's band OR he was playing with a band and the prospect of Slash coming up on stage with them was thrown around but didn't happen (and he wouldn't have played out of respect for Axl), OR that he played on a track for some band and Slash played on it too. I think all of the above might actually have some truth to them.

all 3 are correct.  Richard claims s

Slash tried recruiting him or something to that effect

Slash did a song with Dead Daisies and was rumored to join thine on stage to which Richard was going to get off the stage out of respect for Axl.  Slash played on "Lock and load" by the Dead Daisies before Fortus joined that band

On 9/22/2019 at 9:58 AM, Georgina Arriaga said:

When you yelled about Silkworms he had a reaction?

He looked towards my direction, thats all. I wonder why he doesn’t just go for it. 

In 2011 at the forum in la I remember bumblefoot straight up told me “you gotta ask that man” and pointed at axl... btw that setlist for show was pretty dam good if I remember correctly.

50 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

buddy - fortus blows his own horn so much = if you ask slash this he'll say wtf are you talking about i'd choose izzy or gilby over fortus any day of the week mostly cause his stage antics suck and his rock n roll abilities aren't really there

He seems like a pretty relaxed guy. He's definitely proud of his career (rightly so), but I've never heard him talk himself up, hiwever I have heard lots of others do it for him. I don't think it's fair to say otherwise, just because you prefer one player over another. 

5 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

🤦‍♂️ . Slash and Duff are replacing DJ and Tommy. Plain and simple. This version of GNR will put  out a record. JFC stop tryin to creat fictional drama like the band is constantly fighting. Its simply false and overdramatic

Slash wanted Fortus for the Conspirators but Rich said no.  Slash wanted to play with him for a long time.

How the fuck were they not the first choice? Richard has been there since 02 and Frank 06. Richard is well known  in the industry for being adaptable to any situation. POP ,Rap  etc  He can play anything 

Richard and Frank have known each other along time Richard is the one who recommended frank

Axl Slash and Duff are happy with them. You are just making stuff up . You have no idea what they prefer.... Stop acting like you do.

Every thread is 

Frank is bad , Richard bad . Slash, Axl , Duff don’t like

Steven and Izzy are never going to be full time members ever again. Steven because he cant keep his fucking mouth shut and Izzy because he likes the way his life is right now

Actually Brain recommended frank as a replacement because he had a kid and other stuff going on 

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I would love to hear "Don't Damn Me" and "get in the ring".

Love those songs. Always gets my blood going when I play them in the car! lol

"Get In The Ring" is a very underrated rock song.. Is it groundbreaking? No.. But it fucking rocks!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's a good idea in theory but it sounds kind of complicated to get it to everyone who wants to see it.

Is there no way to ban them from seeing the threads? I thought you couldn't see anything here unless you were logged in as a user.

I think the best way (and this would be up to the owners of this forum @downzy) would be to have a sub section on this forum that only registered members with say minimum 300 posts can view.

That section we could post concert  clips, links etc without much threat.

I had been with other forums that had these sorts of restrictions.

At the moment absolutely anyone can view all content without even logging in. Seems a little silly tbh.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, vloors said:

I think the best way (and this would be up to the owners of this forum @downzy) would be to have a sub section on this forum that only registered members with say minimum 300 posts can view.

That section we could post concert  clips, links etc without much threat.

I had been with other forums that had these sorts of restrictions.

At the moment absolutely anyone can view all content without even logging in. Seems a little silly tbh.

I would be down with that.

11 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I would be down with that.

Same. Time for drastic measures  Start sending out PSA's to the other forums. We need to fight. He got caught impersonating  Tommy. He is probably still in Axl's good graces. maybe if we tell tommy about this situation he could let Axl know.  Richard is also very responsive to fans on social media;.

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I respect your optimism but that is a bit of an overreach to say the least...

Is it?  Have you read their biographies?

When was better for them, when they were strung out on drugs?  When they were imploding and at each other's throats?  When Axl couldn't put out an album and the band was a revolving door?

Everybody is happy. Everybody is healthy. The show's are starting on time. There are no cancellations, the show's are selling incredibly well, everybody is having a great time around the world and celebrating this return.  They are working on new music as far as we know.  Why not be optimistic?  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

He seems like a pretty relaxed guy. He's definitely proud of his career (rightly so), but I've never heard him talk himself up, however I have heard lots of others do it for him.

Funny that you mentioned it... this is the front page of Richard's personal website:  http://www.richardfortus.com/

If 4tus wants to acknowledge that Axl appreciates his playing (a lot) and thinks he is a great fit for the band-  that's totally fine. And there's nothing wrong with being proud of your own skills and achievements.  But looking at that web page gives me impression that his most important attribute as a guitarist  is the fact that Axl likes him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Funny that you mentioned it... this is the front page of Richard's personal website:  http://www.richardfortus.com/

If 4tus wants to acknowledge that Axl appreciates his playing (a lot) and thinks he is a great fit for the band-  that's totally fine. And there's nothing wrong with being proud of your own skills and achievements.  But looking at that web page gives me impression that his most important attribute as a guitarist  is the fact that Axl likes him. 

And his most  impt attribute is Axl likes him.. There is nothing wrong with that. If Axl did not like him personally and did not think he was a  good fit professionally, then RF would not be in this great job. 

34 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Basically he knows that if he weren't in GnR he would just be another nobody sideman guitarist. Not trying to be mean, it's just the truth.

It is not mean. He has had a what, 15 to 18 year job BECAUSE AXL, an owner of GnR likes him. There is nothing wrong with that. Same for Frank. Both men are laughing and grateful , thankful all the way to the bank  Add the cherry on top is touring the world and seeing the world several times over on this 3.5 years  and continuing massive tour playing stadiums. What a  lucky break. It sure beats being another nobody, sideman guitarist. 

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1