09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

Seen this movie so many times now I know how it’s gonna play out

It’s gonna be the same set list - maybe a new cover song or an AFD/UYI deep cut at most.

And Axl will sound rusty as hell and Mickey it through the show - and everyone will be taking potshots saying he didn't rehearse and/or is finished - as is always the case on the first show of a new leg 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Seen this movie so many times now I know how it’s gonna play out

It’s gonna be the same set list - maybe a new cover song or an AFD/UYI deep cut at most.

And Axl will sound rusty as hell and Mickey it through the show - and everyone will be taking potshots saying he didn't rehearse and/or is finished - as is always the case on the first show of a new leg 

Get in the ring dedicated to the leakers 

I am still holding out hope for The Blues. I really, really want to hear this lineup go for it. 

Honestly, I'm just excited to see the guys back at it, especially Axl. I hope they kill it. 

Hoping there will be a stream of some kind! Definitely want to watch it if at all possible. :)

Edited by GNRfanJen
  • Like 4

Not to be negative because I am as excited as everyone else here and could care less at this point about a new release because it will never stand up to previous material. I am just glad they are hitting the road again and will be attending a Las Vegas show in November, but Axl Is going to sound just the same as he did when the tour ended earlier this year and most likely worse due to the layoff, also the chances of hearing anything new or unreleased  is about as likely as your wife offering you a good time tonight considering you are 20 years into your marriage. Not likely.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, alf@melmac said:

My guess: we gonna hear Melissa on lead vocals (one song) 

I honestly hope it's Locomotive.

I think her and Axl sharing lead vocals on that song would sound fucking killer. Axl could do the low voice and the nasally mid voice, while Melissa does the high vocals. They sound really good when they harmonize like that (CD, Sorry, Madagascar...)

• Like 4

Just now, AlexisGolnas said:

Its so funny when you guys refer to Locomotive all these years. They will never do that. Axl could never sing that one live. Not now not even in '91. U kidding me?

He couldn't sing it with rasp, but there's enough vocal layers on the studio version that he could make it work if he actually rehearsed it.

So yea, it won't happen. :lol:

• Haha 1