09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

It’s complete BS, not to repeat myself but:

* The leaks were not received well by Axl and his team

* Why would they make more people aware of all the leaks by playing them, and why would they coincidentally be playing the songs that leaked?

* Hard School was never a rumoured big gun or anything, taken as sort of a B side by the band. Why would they play this of all possible CD material?

* Are we even sure Axl can sing Hard School now?

I understand that It sucks to be a Guns fan sometimes, but please don’t set your expectations this high. It’s not happening. 

• Like 1

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

* Why would they make more people aware of all the leaks by playing them, and why would they coincidentally be playing the songs that leaked?

* Hard School was never a rumoured big gun or anything, taken as sort of a B side by the band. Why would they play this of all possible CD material?

I understand that It sucks to be a Guns fan sometimes, but please don’t set your expectations this high. It’s not happening. 

Axl did play the leaks at Hammerstein in 2006. I'm not seeing that its going to happen but there is a precedent

• Like 1

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

Just curious how do we know Axls reaction to the leaks?

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I tend to agree, however a few counterpoints for the hell of it:

* Axl and his team never take leaks well. It hasn't stopped them from playing some in the past.

* While they wouldn't want to emphasise the leaks more than they have to, the fact that the leaks occured may have given the band an impetus to play something from the set (rather than a truly unheard song like The General).

*Perhaps because it is the most straightforward rock song of the leaked material, and may be what most casual fans will warm up to initially.

* I reckon Axl could do it. Half of the song is deep vocals, and we do know Axl can hit the high notes still (SOYL).

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

I hate being a downer, I mean look at my username I would love any form of CDII material and Chinese is my favorite album of all time, but I’m trying to be realistic here. Out of reactions btw.

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Just curious how do we know Axls reaction to the leaks?

I believe Downzy or someone in the know had stated that the leaks were not received well by the band. It’s somewhere on this forum.

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

* Axl and his team never take leaks well.

* While they wouldn't want to emphasise the leaks more than they have to, the fact that the leaks occured may have given the band an impetus to play something from the set (rather than a truly unheard song like The General).

*Perhaps because it is the most straightforward rock song of the leaked material, and may be what most casual fans will warm up to initially.

* I reckon Axl could do it. Half of the song is deep vocals, and we do know Axl can hit the high notes still (SOYL).

I would love for you to be right. I’m rooting for all new material to be played. CDII is a dream for me. I’m just trying to be realistic and look at the patterns.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

* Axl and his team never take leaks well.

Agreed. Plus they did it in 2006 at a similar style show (small theatre/venue).  And DTV88 said he heard it...

Also, it may all be a coincidence, but these leaks have been relatively simple to find. The timing lines up with this leg of the tour quite conveniently 

Just now, djones1225 said:

Honestly I still believe Axl has been leaking these, there all in the roughest shape. If we the fans like the roughest form of the songs, then Axl knows we'll like the finished product, unless if he over does shit like Riad n SOD, like come on Axl why take out the drums in the intro of SOD.

Also Axl knows the record company will never release a CD boxset and not a large amount of people would buy it, so in a way makes sense just to leak em for free.

1 minute ago, ironmt said:

Let's just be grateful they are back on stage In 2019. Who in the hell would have ever thought that they would all still be alive at this point. Looking forward to the show regardless of the set list. The downer will most likely be Axl's voice.

I just talked about that on the A4D podcast the other day. I'm grateful to even have a set list to bitch about lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Let's just be grateful they are back on stage In 2019. Who in the hell would have ever thought that they would all still be alive at this point. Looking forward to the show regardless of the set list.

Was just thinking this earlier today myself!

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

IF it's true, maybe an additional reason to play this particular "leak" could be that it might really date from 1996 as it's been speculated? 

Yeah I think the 1996 song that supposedly carried over into the ChiDem project has to be either Hardschool or Quick Song. Maybe even both!

Edited by rocknroll41