09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

I just got way ahead of myself, imagining them debuting Hardschool tonight and having it sent out to radio as the first new song for Monday morning. GNR being back in top on rock radio across the nation. 

Apparently I enjoy setting myself up for disappointment. 

• Haha 4

Just now, downzy said:

I can unequivocally state that this is not true.  The leaks were not well received, to say the least, by Team GNR.  

I assume they will wait till after the show to tell him about the past 48 hours then.

I think some here need to calm down a little bit.

GNR sound checking a song (whether it happened at all) isn't determinative that it will be played during the actual show.

Easy to get excited about the prospect but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Focus on the fact that GNR are about to kick off another tour - something fans of many other bands would love to say and experience.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I assume they will wait till after the show to tell him about the past 48 hours then.

LOL, I was saying the exact same thing to staff an hour or so ago. 

"Should we tell him about Soul Mounter?"  

"Maybe after the encore..."

1 minute ago, downzy said:

I think some here need to calm down a little bit.

GNR sound checking a song (whether it happened at all) isn't determinative that it will be played during the actual show.

Easy to get excited about the prospect but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Focus on the fact that GNR are about to kick off another tour - something fans of many other bands would love to say and experience.  

Out of reactions, but yes, this.

Im glad to see the band still alive and kicking ass. 2011-2014 was a really rough time for Guns and it’s amazing to see it where it is today. Seeing Axl performing, new music or not, is always a treat and I’m glad we will be able to see more of him even as he gets older.

• Like 1

Most or all of this show is going to happen while I'm asleep due to my time zone. Hoping to wake up to some cool set list changes. Not expecting any, but it would be neat to wake up to

Just now, Thetowelwaver said:

When does guns go on?

About 2 hours from now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Most or all of this show is going to happen while I'm asleep due to my time zone. Hoping to wake up to some cool set list changes. Not expecting any, but it would be neat to wake up to

About 2 hours from now. 

Fiirst show of 2019, you have to pull through and hang in there. Make up for lost sleep tomorrow night.