09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Given the price, the late notice, the fact the venue is 5,000 capacity so not really that small and the restrictions placed on buyers (i.e. only Citi customers) I strongly suspect they'll put some tickets on general sale. Otherwise I think it could actually not sell out. 

I have a feeling this will happen as well but think they might pull the "we have a limited amount of tickets at the door, first come first served" so it creates a line wrapped around the building and now it's a spectacle, social content, etc etc etc.

Also, there will be "official platinum tickets" available on friday which means there is already a way to get in without a citi card, albeit a more expensive option.

Edited by Stiff Competition

19 hours ago, Amaya said:

That is funny. I have bern skirting around commenting. Axl is pushing 60. He is  not 27 to 30 anymore.

The face , whatever was done was a mistake. Aside from that I think the stage costumes are fine. The pounds of stage jewelry, all of it works. Stage costumes need to show presence and his costumes hide, as we ladies say, a multitude  of sins.                                         Izzy, who won't be there at this short concert at home, is no longer Thin Izzy. He has that mid age man spread and he dresses in his real life so old.        Lol. Like man, you can   wear a tee shirt and nice jacket. Some Abercrombie looks, and not his Sears -JCPennys older men's dept style.    

I think many fans like here might be  disappointed if  GnR makes a new cd. The songs cannot all be high in vocal range and that is what GnR is known for. The subject matter has to be different too. .For concerts, I agree he has to sing rasp only for fewer  parts of sone songs and even those songs are not like the recordings and shows of 30 years . No entertainers voice can do that at 60. Well, 57, 60. Same age. 

If you use the right technique you can sing every night with full distortion. I have heard numerous pro singing coaches all saying the same thing.

Age limits range, not the ability to use vocal rasp.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

I have a feeling this will happen as well but think they might pull the "we have a limited amount of tickets at the door, first come first served" so it creates a line wrapped around the building and now it's a spectacle, social content, etc etc etc.

Also, there will be "official platinum tickets" available on friday which means there is already a way to get in without a citi card, albeit a more expensive option.

Ha! Hadn't seen that! Might have guessed Ticketmaster would pull that old 'platinum' bullshit to try and fleece people. 

I think you could be right about the on the door thing.......

1 hour ago, KURT19 said:

No worries about it selling out.

This is a CITI corporate gig...expect Citi Corp cardmembers, big-wig suits and their clients to be given a ton of free tickets. 

This one isn't about the fans at all.  (not sure anything this band does is about the fans anymore)

but Duff is SO PUNK ROCK! This band hasn't been about the fans for a long time. 

• Like 3

For people that believe you can't keep singing at 60 like you are 30 with rasp etc... I have two words:

Steven Tyler

The problem with Axl is that he has fucked up his vocal chords at some point. Maybe even needed surgery... which might explain why he didn't sing for a while and disappeared on us.

And why he sounds like Mickey Mouse sometimes.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 2

It is just a strange thing:

- In order to even have a chance getting tickets you have to be a CitiCard member or pay a fee for the fan club in addition to it all for not even a sure bet you will score tickets

- Even if you do have a Citibank card, tickets themselves are $175 not counting fees

$175 bucks for a show at the Hollywood Palladium?  I saw Alice In Chains there for less than half that.  This is definitely not punk as fuck

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

guys does anyone think the original 5 gonna hit the stage at all? 

to me it's been almost secretly alluded to as it has been marketed as a once in a lifetime show 

if this does not happen nor any new music - GNR ARE DONE they wont finish this tour well 

Done?  Oh contrare mon frere, no one really cares about new music except the die hards.

11 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

guys does anyone think the original 5 gonna hit the stage at all? 

to me it's been almost secretly alluded to as it has been marketed as a once in a lifetime show 

if this does not happen nor any new music - GNR ARE DONE they wont finish this tour well 

Zero chance. 

If this was happening there is no way it would be 'secretly alluded to'. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lethalis said:

Often it is the other way around... people get depressed, are sedentary, and start comfort eating... and then they get fat.

Body shaming will just make it worse.

Although there is something wrong in the US... because we don't have that many obese people in Europe.

Too much sugar...

Do people exercise/walk/bike more over there?  Personally, I think a big problem here in the US is a large percentage of the population doesn't do any physical activity.

It will be brutal trying to score a ticket for this show even though it's a Citi card member event and tickets are supposedly starting at $175 before fees for floor GA. Make no mistake, this will be a tough, expensive ticket to get into if you don't score right outta the gate on TM at 9am Friday.  I would not be surprised if there's a small number of tickets sold at the box office during the day resulting in a giant, block long line on Saturday to generate media/news interest. I would also not be surprised if this is a shorter than typical 30+ song show, running maybe 15-20 songs much like the original 4/1/16 Troubadour club pre-tour gig was.

It's funny, I actually discovered this was happening by accident trying to get tickets for the latest Bauhaus reunion shows at the Palladium.

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Zero chance. 

If this was happening there is no way it would be 'secretly alluded to'. 

well then why do i see the original 5 from the 80s as the spread on articles such as blabbermouth

4 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Done?  Oh contrare mon frere, no one really cares about new music except the die hards.

buddy axl and TB have been taking the piss out of the fans since 2008 with endless motherfucking touring they can't possibly think its ok to do the endless touring off 4 albums from as late as 91 

HERE ME OUT - NOBODY EXCEPT FERNANDO AXL AND SLASH KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN - this big secret has been kept by all three along with izzy and steven whom will surprisngly show up 3/4 through the set to deliver what we've been all been waiting for right !? 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

4 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Do people exercise/walk/bike more over there?  Personally, I think a big problem here in the US is a large percentage of the population doesn't do any physical activity.

people smoke a ton more over there.  so that could have something to do with being thinner.

is fast food a big thing in Europe? 

ok here's my guesses to what makes this once in this lifetime, which in theory shouldnt qualify for Not in this Lifetime...

guesses are from least likely to most likely to happen

1. afd5 get back on stage- no chance.  they hate steven and izzy hates them

2.  new music- nope.  new covers dont count

3.  deep cuts from UYI- I think there's a 50/50 shot we hear locomotive, bad apples or dust n bones.  sadly, my world still doesn't make the set list but will on the 3,000 leg of the NITL tour.

4.  Axl lost the "little bo peep" hair doo and brought back the cornrows, or perhaps to the shock of his stylist, switches race hairstyles again and goes all out looking like that Gangam Style guy 

5.  3 versions of the seeker- one with Sabastian Bach and the other with Angus.  third version is on harmonica

I was going to say that perhaps the reason for the small venue is so they can do a meet and greet with the fans after, but then I remembered this is GNR and they dont spend time with people they hate (read: Matt Sorum, or GNR fans)

in all honesty the reason this is once in a lifetime is venue size.   that's it.   same set list, outfits, pictures on Instagram from Kat, etc.

Edited by Chester 524
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Chester 524 said:

ok here's my guesses to what makes this once in this lifetime, which in theory shouldnt qualify for Not in this Lifetime...

guesses are from least likely to most likely to happen

1. afd5 get back on stage- no chance.  they hate steven and izzy hates them

2.  new music- nope.  new covers dont count

3.  deep cuts from UYI- I think there's a 50/50 shot we hear locomotive, bad apples or dust n bones.  sadly, my world still doesn't make the set list but will on the 3,000 leg of the NITL tour.

4.  Axl lost the "little bo peep" hair doo and brought back the cornrows, or perhaps to the shock of his stylist, switches race haircuts again and goes all out looking like that Gangam Style guy 

5.  an acoustic version of the SEEKER

I was going to say that perhaps the reason for the small venue is so they can do a meet and greet with the fans after, but then I remembered this is GNR and they dont spend time with people they hate (read: Matt Sorum, or GNR fans)

in all honesty the reason this is once in a lifetime is venue size.   that's it.   same set list, outfits, pictures on Instagram from Kat, etc.

i lost it at little bo peep hairdo

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

A lot of people do. In some way or another.

I haven't hit the gym in 4 years, but I still walk an hour a day easily (30 min at lunch, and I walk my dog in the mornings and evenings).

Other people always use their bicycle to go to work.

But I think diet is a big part of it too. Everytime when someone visits the US and returns they keep talking about the large portions they get at restaurants, how sugar flavored everything is, all the soda's and milkshakes you get, etc.

Lots of people over here (Netherlands) just drink water and thee during the day :shrugs:And we eat sliced brown bread, because it's easy to take to work.

Almost no sugar.

In the evening things are different of course... but it's much better than getting lots of sugar and fat the whole day.

7 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

well then why do i see the original 5 from the 80s as the spread on articles such as blabbermouth

buddy axl and TB have been taking the piss out of the fans since 2008 with endless motherfucking touring they can't possibly think its ok to do the endless touring off 4 albums from as late as 91 

HERE ME OUT - NOBODY EXCEPT FERNANDO AXL AND SLASH KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN - this big secret has been kept by all three along with izzy and steven whom will surprisngly show up 3/4 through the set to deliver what we've been all been waiting for right !? 

Because they're articles on Blabbermouth where the picture editor has typed 'guns n roses' into a photo bank. You also see them on t-shirts being sold at the shows..... 

I assume you're joking but if you genuinely believe that Stephen and Izzy have secretly rejoined and are in the wings waiting to play with them on Saturday, then you're going to be sorely disappointed and might want to be ready for that......

58 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Because they're articles on Blabbermouth where the picture editor has typed 'guns n roses' into a photo bank. You also see them on t-shirts being sold at the shows..... 

I assume you're joking but if you genuinely believe that Stephen and Izzy have secretly rejoined and are in the wings waiting to play with them on Saturday, then you're going to be sorely disappointed and might want to be ready for that......

where on earth did you guys find rumours that something unusual should happen on this concert!?

any links?